Nova Southeastern Tampa - OTD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlikeOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to Nova's OTD program in Tampa starting in Summer 2013? For those of you who are already in the program how do you like it?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted into Nova's OTD program in Tampa starting this Summer 2014! Did you end up accepting for Summer 2013?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted into Nova's OTD program in Tampa starting this Summer 2014! Did you end up accepting for Summer 2013?[/quote kgot, when did you complete your application and how long did it take to receive an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application through OTCAS for Nova OTD. Now it's time for the waiting game. How do y'all like the program so far?

OTDis4me when is your interview ? Also what are your stats ?

I applied to Nova's master's program!

OTDis4me when is your interview ? Also what are your stats ?
Hey cheybutta, my interview is this week.
Graduated from UF, BS degree in Kinesiology
50 observation hours in 2 different settings
515 volunteer hours
520 hours at a PT clinic (internship)
3.68 overall GPA
3.73 last 2 years

When is yours?

Last edited:
I got in!! They called me the day after my interview :) I'm starting a facebook page for our class (2018). Message me for link. Yay!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I am sooooo excited for you that is awesome. What was your GRE score ?

I am sooooo excited for you that is awesome. What was your GRE score ?
My GRE score was really bad I did not study. They put no weight on the score. They did not even mention my score in the interview. Eric in admissions, told me they look at the last 2 years of school (GPA) and of course the interview.

I got in!! They called me the day after my interview :) I'm starting a facebook page for our class (2018). Message me for link. Yay!!!

Hello! I was recently accepted into the OTD program starting in summer of 2015 as well! How are you feeling about the program? Are you out of state?

Hello! I was recently accepted into the OTD program starting in summer of 2015 as well! How are you feeling about the program? Are you out of state?
I am super excited for the program to start. I live in the Tampa area.

I just found out that I have been selected for an interview for the OTD program at Nova. I chose the in person interview. How tough would you say the interview was?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out that I have been selected for an interview for the OTD program at Nova. I chose the in person interview. How tough would you say the interview was?
Sorry I just seen this. The interview was not bad. They will ask a ton of questions, so be prepared. There is also a writing assignment. When is your interview? Good luck. If you get accepted find us on Facebook
NSU OTD Class of 2018

I just got an interview and I am super excited! Does anyone have any advice for the Skype interview?

I was wondering how long after the interview for Nova's OTD program were you guys notified of their acceptance decision? (It's been a little over a week since my skype interview and I'm getting anxious...)

I was wondering how long after the interview for Nova's OTD program were you guys notified of their acceptance decision? (It's been a little over a week since my skype interview and I'm getting anxious...)

How did you think the skype interview was?? Did they tell you when you would be hearing back from them?

How did you think the skype interview was?? Did they tell you when you would be hearing back from them?

The interview was actually really comfortable. There were two people conducting the interview. They asked a lot of questions. None were unusual- just be prepared for scenario based questions. The only thing I know I did poorly on was the writing sample. You only get 10 minutes and the questions you choose from are not related to OT. I do bad with writing under pressure with such little time... I forgot to ask them when I would here back but I saw on OTCAS that they respond from 1-2 weeks with an answer. If I don't here anything back by 2 weeks I'm contemplating calling. Hope this helps! Are you thinking about applying to the program?

I just got news that I've been accepted to Nova's OTD program!!!! I'm so ecstatic!
I wanted to ask any current students/incoming students- have any of you moved from out of state to the Tampa area? What areas would you recommend for renting an affordable apartment for a couple? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just got news that I've been accepted to Nova's OTD program!!!! I'm so ecstatic!
I wanted to ask any current students/incoming students- have any of you moved from out of state to the Tampa area? What areas would you recommend for renting an affordable apartment for a couple? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

That is awesome!! Congrats!! I have my interview tomorrow and I am so nervous! I really want to attend this program.

I've been accepted and will gladly be attending! :)

Can someone tell me what I can expect from the Skype interview? Is there a writing sample that accompanies that as well??

Thanks!

I have been accepted to Nova Southeastern Doctorate in Occupational Therapy program and I am anxiously awaiting its start this summer 2016. I am hoping to create a discussion with other accepted students, or anyone interested in chatting about OT.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season

I have also been accepted into the OTD program in Tampa for this upcoming semester and I am beyondddd excited!! I've been looking for a facebook page or something but I haven't found anything so far. We should create a group so everyone can find it and maybe connect before we have orientation. Nice to meet you fellow classmate :)

I have also been accepted into the OTD program in Tampa for this upcoming semester and I am beyondddd excited!! I've been looking for a facebook page or something but I haven't found anything so far. We should create a group so everyone can find it and maybe connect before we have orientation. Nice to meet you fellow classmate :)

Yay! I have been hoping someone would reply to me! I agree, we need to create some kind of page, Facebook would be easiest but I'm not sure it's allowed. It's so nice to finally meet someone, keep in touch :)

Congratulations on your acceptances! I am a current first year in the program and really love it! I definitely encourage you to start a Facebook group so that you can get to know each other and get ready to jump right in come the summer semester. Last year, some of the girls who met on this forum started a group and then added a few first years so that they could all ask questions and get an idea of what to expect. It just makes it easier and calms some nerves. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will try my best to log on more often to see how I can help.

Hey guys! I have an interview for nova OTD tomorrow (wish I would have found this earlier!) do you guys have any recommendations or advice for the interview? Thanks :)

Yay! I have been hoping someone would reply to me! I agree, we need to create some kind of page, Facebook would be easiest but I'm not sure it's allowed. It's so nice to finally meet someone, keep in touch :)

Hi, I was also accepted to the OTD program. I would be happy to create a Facebook page!

I was also accepted! Dis you all put the deposit down for your spot?

Congratulations on your acceptances! I am a current first year in the program and really love it! I definitely encourage you to start a Facebook group so that you can get to know each other and get ready to jump right in come the summer semester. Last year, some of the girls who met on this forum started a group and then added a few first years so that they could all ask questions and get an idea of what to expect. It just makes it easier and calms some nerves. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will try my best to log on more often to see how I can help.

Hi there!! Thank you :) I am soo excited to start I really can't wait until May!! I guess the main question I have now that I don't know enough information on is, how are the classes set up? I know class is Thursday-Sunday. Are they morning classes or in the afternoon? What is the typical schedule, and would the semesters be the same as other Nova campuses, such as when they begin and end. I have some friends in different Nova campuses and would like to see if we have the similar schedules. Thank you for your help, hope to hear from you soon :)