Nova Southeastern Univ COM interview 2/13

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fkhan3

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it... I thought the speech dean Silvagni gave was AMAZING... I hope everyone who interviewed with me gets in (and all the ones who didnt as well)... let's hope we all hear good news on Friday or Monday :)

Members don't see this ad.

did you walk into our neuroanatomy lecture? i remember a group of interviewees that walked in..and dr. dribin started talkin to you "pre virgins" lol...she always does that..

I really enjoyed it... I thought the speech dean Silvagni gave was AMAZING... I hope everyone who interviewed with me gets in (and all the ones who didnt as well)... let's hope we all hear good news on Friday or Monday :)

where all did u apply and get in at? it seems like you pop in everytime you completed an interview and/or received an acceptance ...

Members don't see this ad :)
where all did u apply and get in at? it seems like you pop in everytime you completed an interview and/or received an acceptance ...

read the heading.... it says "nova southeastern"

peace

fkhan is right, dr silviani was great, very interesting person and to all those who have been accepted congrats I hope I get to join you this fall. And for those of you considering your interview options if you have been invited, you should come check it out, its a very impressive school and a great set of faculty and office personel.

read the heading.... it says "nova southeastern"

peace

do you know how to read? "where ALL did you apply ..." I suppose not. peace.

does that even make sense?:confused: maybe you should check if your sentence makes sense first before telling people they don't know how to read:idea:

I was referencing my prior post ... I suppose you fall into the same category. :idea:

you prior post says the same thing:laugh:

I am referring to post #3 ...

So, you don't know what "where all did you apply" means? oh, must I say ..
"where all DID YOU APPLY" is that better? Wow, seriously, if you couldn't understand that post ... haha, wow. You love arguing, I love arguing, too ... just, make sure you argue over something that TRULY doesnt make sense ... :smuggrin:

So, you don't know what "where all you applied" means? oh, must I say ..
"where all DID YOU APPLY" is that better? Wow, seriously, if you couldn't understand that post ... haha, wow. You love arguing, I love arguing, too ... just, make sure you argue over something that TRULY doesnt make sense ... :smuggrin:

where all did you apply? lol, that is a grammatical nightmare.

it's the "where all" that is the issue. Perhaps you meant "where else did you apply?" or "what are all the places you applied to?"

anyway, you know I would :love: to stay and argue with you, but I must go get some dinner with the girl for this lovely holiday.

it's the "where all" that is the issue. Perhaps you mean t"where else did you apply?" or "what are all the places you applied to?"

anyway, you know I would :love: to stay and argue with you, but I must go get some dinner with the girl for this lovely holiday.

oh wow, whoa? mean t? you mean, mean tee? that makes no sense ... :smuggrin:

it seems like you pop in everytime you completed an interview and/or received an acceptance ...

I didn't like the tone of your comment when you wrote this. Your the one that needs to learn how to read and write.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hello, i interviewed with you as well. (i was the red haired girl) The facilities impressed me the most, everything feels new and well kept...The dean is an interesting character, very laid back.

lol guys stop arguing... I think he was talking to me... I applied at lots of places and interviewed at CCOM, Debusk and NSU so far... I will interview at Touro NV on Feb 26...

from all the schools, I have found NSU to be my number one choice... (yes even over CCOM)...

Iceage and Khan, are you guys going crazy waiting for friday too?? I cannot stop looking at my phone and checking to see if its friday yet. Also if either of you gets in there, you Have to go down to Las Olas Blvd and go to Las Olas Cafe, it was a fantastic little hole in the wall cafe with GREAT food and a really great crew of servers. Wow, soo good. Anyway, too much goood wine, Im ranting. Good luck fellow Feb 13th interviewees.

it's the "where all" that is the issue. Perhaps you meant "where else did you apply?" or "what are all the places you applied to?"

"What are all the places to which you have applied?" Never end a sentance with a preposition. :) Sorry

Iceage and Khan, are you guys going crazy waiting for friday too?? I cannot stop looking at my phone and checking to see if its friday yet. Also if either of you gets in there, you Have to go down to Las Olas Blvd and go to Las Olas Cafe, it was a fantastic little hole in the wall cafe with GREAT food and a really great crew of servers. Wow, soo good. Anyway, too much goood wine, Im ranting. Good luck fellow Feb 13th interviewees.

hah, im glad youre enjoying yourself in south florida. Im honestly a bit scared of hearing back so soon, as i tend to fear the worst. Hopefully all will be well and good news will abound.

I have a buddy who's a 3rd year at Nova. He hasn't mentioned anything bad about it.

did you walk into our neuroanatomy lecture? i remember a group of interviewees that walked in..and dr. dribin started talkin to you "pre virgins" lol...she always does that..

oh yea btw, we DID come in during your lecture and the teacher made you all say HI to us... lol that was funny... I really liked our tour guide Roger, president of student govt... nice guy...

oh yea btw, we DID come in during your lecture and the teacher made you all say HI to us... lol that was funny... I really liked our tour guide Roger, president of student govt... nice guy...

Roger is great! He is in my class, and one of the most helpful people you will ever meet. :0)

Good luck to everyone who will be hearing back from the school in the coming days/weeks.

yea after meeting him, it makes sense that he's the prez (or vp) of student govt... I dont think he'll be around when and if i'm marticulated... oh well...

I also found the admissions office staff very friendly... the new guy Dev, Rachel Weiner and others... very nice people...

yea after meeting him, it makes sense that he's the prez (or vp) of student govt... I dont think he'll be around when and if i'm marticulated... oh well...

I also found the admissions office staff very friendly... the new guy Dev, Rachel Weiner and others... very nice people...

Roger is VP now, and running for pres next year. The class of 2011 will probably still get to deal with him. :)

I didn't like the tone of your comment when you wrote this. Your the one that needs to learn how to read and write.

Unless your fkhan's GF, I don't think there was a reason for you to respond. Plus, it's you're, not your ... :idea:

so speak for yourself, cracka'

lol Dr. Inviz, why the negativity man? you guys are about chew off each other's heads... leave that for OMM labs...

lets keep eachother updated if any of us receives a call today...

No call, very anxious to hear asap. GRRRR!!!! Ohh well, cant wait for Monday!!!

yea nothing for me either... oh well... Monday it is...

see what stinks is that many people will get accepted and they dont even care about NSUCOM or its program... they're like "oh well I guess I'll go there for :insert random reason here:"... I've been an NSUCOM fan for a while and I dont even know if I'll get in... although after visiting Debusk, I was very impressed...

I got all excited earlier I got a call from a 954 number (NSU area code) and thought, Yes this is it, and it was some lady from our hotel asking how our stay was, I was pissed, but felt bad for her, its not her fault she called while I was waiting for the call from NSU.

lol that's pretty funny...

see what stinks is that many people will get accepted and they dont even care about NSUCOM or its program... they're like "oh well I guess I'll go there for :insert random reason here:"... I've been an NSUCOM fan for a while and I dont even know if I'll get in... although after visiting Debusk, I was very impressed...

impressed with DCOM or NSU?

there are other cool things unique to NSU as well... but mainly MPH impressed me...

there are other cool things unique to NSU as well... but mainly MPH impressed me...

yea, DCOM should have had MPH over the MBA option, which isn't even free either.

yea MPH is good for DOs... we have to have a fair representation in the Public Health sector... friggin MDs think they're all that...

moment of truth in about 12 hours... and it's my birthday tomorrow... so I guess that phonecall will determine if I will live past 24 or not... :p

so the admission committee didnt meet yet... LOL... another week of waiting...

so the admission committee didnt meet yet... LOL... another week of waiting...

Where did you hear that? i called rachel on friday and she said she would be calling people today.

Hey I am interviewing there on Thursday the 22, and was wondering if any of you have any advice. Should I read over anything or be prepared to answer any weird questions?

Hey I am interviewing there on Thursday the 22, and was wondering if any of you have any advice. Should I read over anything or be prepared to answer any weird questions?

Check the recent additions to the interview feedback I know I put alot in there, also besure you have a solid answer to the what is a DO or why do you want to be a DO, it seems the everyone was asked some variation of that question.

FKhan, are you being serious about that last post?!?!?! Im going nuts over here.

Iceage Racheal must be very confused as I just got off the phone with her at about 330pm today and she said that the adcom didnt meet last week and may not this week, so not to expect a call for about 2 weeks. I am very dissappointed with them, if it was going to be 2 weeks then they should have said 2 weeks.

Ohh well.

Iceage Racheal must be very confused as I just got off the phone with her at about 330pm today and she said that the adcom didnt meet last week and may not this week, so not to expect a call for about 2 weeks. I am very dissappointed with them, if it was going to be 2 weeks then they should have said 2 weeks.

Ohh well.

Sorry for the confusion- i called her from my work around 3 as well to confirm what fkhan said and she told me the same thing. I very much want to go here but i have a 2k deposit due next thursday. :: cries ::

ouch... yea man that was unexpected... oh well what can we do? if I need to wait I'll wait... I think NSU is worth the wait...

Sorry for the confusion- i called her from my work around 3 as well to confirm what fkhan said and she told me the same thing. I very much want to go here but i have a 2k deposit due next thursday. :: cries ::
Ask this other school if you can have an extension on the deposit for two weeks...Just tell them that putting the funds together before march 1st isn't very feasible...that buys you a little bit of time.

...It may not work, but it is worth a shot. At very least they may make you only pay part of it now...and that way if you do end up deciding to go somewhere else, you wouldn't lose all that $$.

so did anyone call today and found out if the committee met today or not???

Just called and was told that the admissions counselors were in a meeting but the person on the phone was not 100% sure if our interview group had been reviewed by the committee or if the committee had met yet today. Sorry I know totally unhelpful information, I was told to try back later today or later in the week.

How soon after you submitted your secondary (and the signature page via snail mail) did NSU contact you regarding scheduling an interview? I applied late and am hoping I can squeeze in an interview before time runs out.
Thanks for your comments.