Nova Southeastern University Interview call.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey princess....r u serious that NOVA is having a bench test n that it is composed of carving,crown prep,amalgum n presentation? :mad: ..... there is just no trace on the web site...i feel i m out of NOVA b 4 interview :thumbdown: .. hav u got invitation for interview?... i m going on 20th.. u knw anyone who is coming there?????any tips u can write me for inetrview..

nish

Members don't see this ad.

drdt said:
Hi, guys,
I received a email from IDG program for interview at April 21 today. Do you have anyone on the same boat?
Do anybody have interview experience? Please answer!
Thank you very much!

hi.. my interview is on 20th.... did u get any help for the interview???..is there anyone who is going on 19th??? we r in the same boat.. did u get a formal letter in the mail?.... is there any specification written on that for the interview..

take care

ni****h

just received an interview call via snail-mail!!!! :eek: ...itz scheduled for 21st april!no time to respond....jeez!

Members don't see this ad :)
fido! said:
just received an interview call via snail-mail!!!! :eek: ...itz scheduled for 21st april!no time to respond....jeez!
hi fido,
congrats for the interview dude!! it is also a 3 yr program ,n u already have nyu, but do u wanna live in NY or miami???worth a thought ,rite??? :laugh: :laugh:

those not attendnig the interviews please let the nova know abt it, so that somone else might get a call........

jojo here
Ladies and Gentlemen Jojo is in Florida !; finally, I missed my connection flight, so I was on the road from 9 am to 6 pm, but good thing I have arrived.
Anywayz, I hardly wait to see you guys whoever is coming tomorrow.
As soon as I get home, I will let you guys know about my Nova interview experience.
Over and out dudes.
jojo
:laugh:

:laugh: thinking of sticking to nyu...for the time being...!miami can wait! ;)
godbless said:
hi fido,
congrats for the interview dude!! it is also a 3 yr program ,n u already have nyu, but do u wanna live in NY or miami???worth a thought ,rite??? :laugh: :laugh:

all the best jo!u will do well!too bad...we cant meet again.... :laugh: i dropped the idea of attending the interview!
jojo-Z said:
jojo here
Ladies and Gentlemen Jojo is in Florida !; finally, I missed my connection flight, so I was on the road from 9 am to 6 pm, but good thing I have arrived.
Anywayz, I hardly wait to see you guys whoever is coming tomorrow.
As soon as I get home, I will let you guys know about my Nova interview experience.
Over and out dudes.
jojo

fido! said:
all the best jo!u will do well!too bad...we cant meet again.... :laugh: i dropped the idea of attending the interview!
jojo here
Thanks Fido for all the best wishes and here is the update from my Nova interview which was today.
Today was the 2nd day of interview, yesterday 18 were called and 18 showed up. Today 18 were called and only 6 showed up, including me. :thumbup: Anywayz, the waiting it was kinda stressfull, being the last guy to be interviewed :eek: , but the interview was pretty laid back and Cuban cigar style :laugh: so hopefully I'll be called for the practical, damn I forgot about the mucho dinero practical :eek: I hope I'll be able to come up with the money.
Tomorrow will be the last day of interview and again 18 people were called. Good luck to those who has the interview tomorrow. I talked to Ms. Akkena :D she said the she personally will call people for the practical who passed this round.
Fido, dude, I wish you were here man, dude it's 90 degree here, would've been nice to hang out a little bit under the hot Florida sun, but maybe "we'll meet again Obi van Kenobi".
There was no presentation, nor orientation or tour of dental school, so I asked at my interview if I can see the dental labs, which later on I checked out, it's trully high tech guys.........n-i-c-e
So I hope, I have cleared all your doubts about Nova, but if any questions you know where u can find me :laugh:
over and out
jojo :D

drnishpatel said:
hey princess....r u serious that NOVA is having a bench test n that it is composed of carving,crown prep,amalgum n presentation? :mad: ..... there is just no trace on the web site...i feel i m out of NOVA b 4 interview :thumbdown: .. hav u got invitation for interview?... i m going on 20th.. u knw anyone who is coming there?????any tips u can write me for inetrview..

nish
jojo here :D
Dr. Patel how was your interview, I wished that we could talk a little bit, but maybe next time :D , I was the guy in front of you, sitting next to the entrance door.
we talk later, my plane leaving
so long

DUDE,GLAD TO KNOW U ENJOYED YOUR SHORT STINT AT FORT LAUDERDALE!
I KNOW IT IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL!I WISH I WAS THERE! :(
ANYWAYZ HOPE U CAN MAKE IT!ALL THE BEST!TC! :thumbup:
jojo-Z said:
jojo here
Thanks Fido for all the best wishes and here is the update from my Nova interview which was today.
Today was the 2nd day of interview, yesterday 18 were called and 18 showed up. Today 18 were called and only 6 showed up, including me. :thumbup: Anywayz, the waiting it was kinda stressfull, being the last guy to be interviewed :eek: , but the interview was pretty laid back and Cuban cigar style :laugh: so hopefully I'll be called for the practical, damn I forgot about the mucho dinero practical :eek: I hope I'll be able to come up with the money.
Tomorrow will be the last day of interview and again 18 people were called. Good luck to those who has the interview tomorrow. I talked to Ms. Akkena :D she said the she personally will call people for the practical who passed this round.
Fido, dude, I wish you were here man, dude it's 90 degree here, would've been nice to hang out a little bit under the hot Florida sun, but maybe "we'll meet again Obi van Kenobi".
There was no presentation, nor orientation or tour of dental school, so I asked at my interview if I can see the dental labs, which later on I checked out, it's trully high tech guys.........n-i-c-e
So I hope, I have cleared all your doubts about Nova, but if any questions you know where u can find me :laugh:
over and out
jojo :D

Today was the last day of interview at Nova, out of 18 called only 5 showed up, that means from the total of 54 called, only 29 showed up for the 1st interview, probably they will call all 29 for the practical, just think about it,
29 x 2500($)=72,500($). But we'll see, right?
Practical around the 5th of May(?), decision End of May.......school starts on the 14th of August, 2006.
Good luck to all who got interviewed by Nova.
Over and out.
jojo :laugh:

jojo-Z said:
Today was the last day of interview at Nova, out of 18 called only 5 showed up, that means from the total of 54 called, only 29 showed up for the 1st interview, probably they will call all 29 for the practical, just think about it,
29 x 2500($)=72,500($). But we'll see, right?
Practical around the 5th of May(?), decision End of May.......school starts on the 14th of August, 2006.
Good luck to all who got interviewed by Nova.
Over and out.
jojo :laugh:
sounds like you have a good chance to get in. all the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
net said:
sounds like you have a good chance to get in. all the best!
I think I got the same chance as others and I'm just doing my homework, dude, keep u guys updated with the latest.
One interesting fact, what I found out during my visit at the dental clinic was, that 2 years ago that international girl I was talking to, got into the program with only 79 Step 1............WOW. This just shows how much competition has driven up the Step 1 score u need today to get in.
Thanks for the good wishes!
Annnnnd jojo out :laugh:

Hi, guys,
I received a e-maill from Ms.Akeena for bench test on May 11&12. anyone know how many person is called for bench test?
Thanks very much!

I also received a phone call from Ms. Akkena, an invitation for the practical exam.
annnnd jojo out

fido! said:
all the best jojo! :thumbup: i know u r going to do fine! ;)
jojo here
Thanks Fido :D , now I just have to reach deep into my pocket :laugh: , right?
Talk to ya later.
Annnnd jojo out :laugh:

Guys,
Is there anybody who did not receive bench test call ? It looks like everybody who went for the first round got invited for the bench test. Do you guys of know any reason why very few people turned up for the second & third interview day ?

thanks

talipini said:
Guys,
Is there anybody who did not receive bench test call ? It looks like everybody who went for the first round got invited for the bench test. Do you guys of know any reason why very few people turned up for the second & third interview day ?

thanks
Well, probably because they anounced people too late, some of them, plus the unusually high practical test fee, $ 2500. I have calculated that 29 showed up in those 3 days, if there was afternoon interviews then I might be wrong with the figures.
Right now, only 3 of us commenting about Nova, what about the other 27, u guys just silent listeners? It would be nice, if you guys would speak up, u know, all of us would like to know your comments about Nova.
Annnd jojo out
:cool:

Interviewer told me that she had interviewed 50 people already (I was interviewed on friday).

Jojo: I understand you were interviewed on Thursday. How did you know that only 5 people turned up on friday ?

talipini said:
Interviewer told me that she had interviewed 50 people already (I was interviewed on friday).

Jojo: I understand you were interviewed on Thursday. How did you know that only 5 people turned up on friday ?
jojo here
I called Ms. Akkena and she told me that, am I right? But you know what, I did not know that they are interviewing in the afternoon also. Are u ready to give out 2500? I'm still thinking about it :confused:
Later dude.
annnd jojo out

[yes ,
they made afternoon interwievs too .I was wendsday afternoon ,8 persons interwieved .with score between 85-88 ,only one person with 79 (what he told ,I am not sure if it is corect too) and most of them were Florida residents.

adinavv said:
[yes ,
they made afternoon interwievs too .I was wendsday afternoon ,8 persons interwieved .with score between 85-88 ,only one person with 79 (what he told ,I am not sure if it is corect too) and most of them were Florida residents.
jojo here
Maybe I don't even have a chance.......I'm not from Florida :eek:
Annnd jojo out

talipini said:
Guys,

I am afraid that you are right . Monday I had allready the telephone call . (and I know another person who received the call too >) .

Ya. I got in touch with three others who came on friday morning and they all got invited for bench test. Hmmm....

jojo-Z said:
jojo here
Maybe I don't even have a chance.......I'm not from Florida :eek:
Annnd jojo out

No ,no ,I think every body has a chance ,but it is expensive . If you are accepted ,it is ok . I don`t have a big score ,and without Nova I didn`t have another interwiev ,than ...............I am afraid that my chance are not to much.

Hi,guys,
I called Ms.Akeena, she told me that 30 people were selected to take benchtest. I think all of interview people be coming......so the chance is not too much : :idea: :idea: and spending is too expensive..... :eek: :eek:

Hi,talipini,
I was interviewed on Friday too. We might meet. Where you come from?

Hi,
There are 18 people show up on the first day for interview;second day: morning 6 people, afternoon 8 people; third day:morning 5 people......
do anyone know whether they made afternoon interview on the first day and third day? please post it.
thank you!

drdt said:
Hi,
There are 18 people show up on the first day for interview;second day: morning 6 people, afternoon 8 people; third day:morning 5 people......
do anyone know whether they made afternoon interview on the first day and third day? please post it.
thank you!
I was in the first afternoon ,

adinavv said:
I was in the first afternoon ,
I was in the first afternoon ,8 persons . I think 18persons in the first day means 10in the morning and 8 afternoon .

Well, it doesn't matter now. The important thing is that 30 people are going to the practical and only 11 will have a big smile on their face :laugh:
Good luck to all who's going for the practical.
Annnd jojo out
:thumbup:

hey guys
y is every one after the no of people who are coming.... important thing should be to get on to the task of bench test.. :thumbup: ..has anybody got the specifications for the testing in mail ??? let others know who so ever gets it first... also yesterday one of the persons who was interviewed called me n she told me that she hasn't yet got invitation for bench test so guys think again...any clue what's canadian wax carving?? no trace i could anywhere+....
anyways let's get together n hit this bench test n others who are not writting let them watch.... n yaa m looking for typhodont teeth to practice can any body guide me where do i get it from

n jojo did u get my messge?? no reply???.. anyways any clue for the bench test....

nish :) :)

hey adinavv,
i hope u r coming for the bench test :) .....i tried to write private msg but ur inbox seems to be overflowing so instead m posting here ......anyways did u get the specifications for bench testing :confused: ???? i haven't got yet... so i am kinda anxious ... just needed some help for the operative video....unfortunately i am not able to download n see them :thumbdown: ... either the pages r removed or some technical problems ...if possible can u send me a demo for class II & PFM cutting if u have saved any of them on [email protected] could u suggest me some other links...it would be benificial for others also... if any one else has it post them here...

thank you and best luck :thumbup: ,

nish

drnishpatel said:
hey adinavv,
i hope u r coming for the bench test :) .....i tried to write private msg but ur inbox seems to be overflowing so instead m posting here ......anyways did u get the specifications for bench testing :confused: ???? i haven't got yet... so i am kinda anxious ... just needed some help for the operative video....unfortunately i am not able to download n see them :thumbdown: ... either the pages r removed or some technical problems ...if possible can u send me a demo for class II & PFM cutting if u have saved any of them on [email protected] could u suggest me some other links...it would be benificial for others also... if any one else has it post them here...

thank you and best luck :thumbup: ,

nish

Hi!
I am happy I found place where i can speak with people that are in the some situation.I wiil come for the bench test.I still did not receive any materials, and I am a little bit anxious too.Can you please tell me some links that I can use for preparation.Thank you

Hi!

I am happy I found place where i can speak with people that are in the some situation.I wiil come for the bench test.I still did not receive any materials, and I am a little bit anxious too.Can you please tell me some links that I can use for preparation.Thank you[/QUOTE]

hi how do u guys prepare for the bench test?is it still a bench test since its gonna be ina simulation lab perhaps its going to in a mannequin right? im alittle confused by that... and what do you think about the case analysis and presentation? , we are given few minutes to read the case and come up with a diffrential diagnosis and treatment plan that sounds scary huh? i hope i dont just freeze in front of the panel haha! pls share any plans or tips .... just want to hear those in the same situation... thanks.

dr. princess said:
hi how do u guys prepare for the bench test?is it still a bench test since its gonna be ina simulation lab perhaps its going to in a mannequin right? im alittle confused by that... and what do you think about the case analysis and presentation? , we are given few minutes to read the case and come up with a diffrential diagnosis and treatment plan that sounds scary huh? i hope i dont just freeze in front of the panel haha! pls share any plans or tips .... just want to hear those in the same situation... thanks.

i wish you the best of luck dr. princess! and all others attending the nova bench test!

Hi,guys,
Who have some ideas for what kind of dress at the bench test? Whether do you need a suit or just general dress?
Please give me advice.
Thanks

i think just regular bec its not an interview pluis its gonna be hard to do preps with a suit....

jojo here
Practical is over, in 5 days we know who's in and who's not !
Good luck to all the other 28 who attanded the practical at Nova.
annnnd jojo out :laugh:

hey guys who attended the nova practical test...
how did it go..?
all the best to all who are waiting for the results... :thumbup:

fido! said:
hey guys who attended the nova practical test...
how did it go..?
all the best to all who are waiting for the results... :thumbup:
jojo here
Fido I like your license plate dude!
I will call u in one of these days to tell u about Nova.
See ya.
jojo
:D

Hi,guys,
Do anyone get news about result of bench test?

jojo-Z said:
jojo here
Fido I like your license plate dude!
I will call u in one of these days to tell u about Nova.
See ya.
jojo
thanks,bud! :laugh: i do appreciate it! :laugh: :thumbup:
btw,check ur pm!

hi just want to ask if anybody heard from nova yet ? pls update evryone thanks ! goodluck to evrybody! :)

dr. princess said:
hi just want to ask if anybody heard from nova yet ? pls update evryone thanks ! goodluck to evrybody! :)
jojo here
I was told by Dr. Lippman that by this Friday they let us know. So let us wait until tomorrow.
Annnnd jojo out