Nova southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks butchh and Spherulite. Would any one happen to know when the letters for interview may be sent out sent and how long would we have before the bench test? Also, how long after receiving the manual will interviewees have before the bench test? Is the manual what we will be tested on? how much is the bench test?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks butchh and Spherulite. Would any one happen to know when the letters for interview may be sent out sent and how long would we have before the bench test? Also, how long after receiving the manual will interviewees have before the bench test? Is the manual what we will be tested on? how much is the bench test?

As far as i know, its 2 exercises... a class 2 and a gold prep....The fees for bench test are the highest ( ~1500$ ):eek:

2 exercises a class 2 and a gold prep usually both mandibular unless they change it this yr... 5 cases will be given to you to practice a case presentation on out of which one will be chosen on that day....nothing to complicated everything oral no slides or presentations..

you usually have 1 month from the time they send the interviews to the time of your exam....if you seriously practice you need no more than a couple of days of practice, what takes time is arranging the material recquired for the practice so you may want to get on that.

The manual has everything you need for the bench and one on one interview... as far as the one on one with case presentation, you'll are all doctors and you'll know what one persons perfect treatment plan is might not be anothers... so they are not looking for perfect treatment plans just seeing how well you can communicate and whether you make an ideal candidate for nova , one whom the faculty will be able to get along with for 3 yrs...

ofcourse do not make a mistake like if the BP is 180/110 you decide to do an elective therapy without a medical consult ( this is just an example)

as for the fees i think they are $2500 if i remember .... do not even think about the money because if you do get it it will be the best $2500 you ever spent in your life... if you don't wanna challenge yourself you will regret...

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and asked. They told me it is not necessary if you have submitted them to CAAPID. I told her that I only mailed ECE and Recommendations to CAAPID and entered my scores in the application. She said that's OK.
But I'm not sure because she was a little confused. Maybe that's better you also call and ask. Please post here whatever they tell you.

hey ramadarami,
i m new to forum....just registered myself yesterday, i also have applied in NOVA....and yeah she's right if you applied thru caapid then they will receive all the documents they need thru caapid itself. no need of sending anything ....but just make sure that you 've paid 50 $ appplication fee. anyways have any idea how any applicants are there this year?
and is that real that they charge 2500 $ for bench test...that sucks....btw what was your NBDE and toefl score?

I got an invitation from nova for the interview, March12 and 13. did anyone else get an email?

I got the same invitation for march 12th and 13th

Does anyone know if the bench exam is practiced on kilgore or columbia typodont teeth?

I got the same invitation for march 12th and 13th

Hey Clad congratulation,
i have also applied this year at NOVA. Hope i get it also. what was your NBDE and Toefl scores.?
mine is damn low ....

Does anyone know if the bench exam is practiced on kilgore or columbia typodont teeth?

I think They are not sure what they will give you on the day of exam. I practice on Columbia but on bentch exam they give us Kilgore .
SO i think they might give you kilgore again.
Practice hard........for practice read their manual what they will send it to you after you deposit money. Look for the criteria they are looking for

Good Luck :thumbup:

I think They are not sure what they will give you on the day of exam. I practice on Columbia but on bentch exam they give us Kilgore .
SO i think they might give you kilgore again.
Practice hard........for practice read their manual what they will send it to you after you deposit money. Look for the criteria they are looking for

Good Luck :thumbup:
hi guys,
as my friends said last year they gave columbia typo. some past year exam takers can confirm this. good luck.

last yr was columbia...whatever tooth set they use will be in the manual which they send you once you have payed for the bench test...they will not switch it on you

Anyone who receives interview invitations this weekend. Please post your stats and date of interview.

I got an invitation from nova for the interview, March12 and 13. did anyone else get an email?

hi i need tht guide...hw n i get it??

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anybody tell me whether is it enough to prepare for the bench test by using manual or do we have to take a course for the test? I have no idea about the bench test.. I appreciate your help.

I got a mail invitation for those dates.
I don't know how to prepare.
How are you preparing?
Have you heard of preparatory courses?

Hey I too got an invitation from Nova today via e-mail. If you know the theory well, you can easily practise based on that however, there will be practise session for a day before the exam.

Hey I too got an invitation from Nova today via e-mail. If you know the theory well, you can easily practise based on that however, there will be practise session for a day before the exam.
Yes, I read that we can practice at the end of the first day interview. But still, it's only 2 hours and we are probably going to be distracted after a long day of interview.
I basically want to practice a couple of times, but I don't want to buy all the equipment.
I cross my fingers for all of us!

White pearls : my application was complete mid December.

But did you get any response from Nova? U can start to practice now itself. U still have so much time left though.

Congrats for all of you who are accepted........:thumbup:
Dont worry guys who still have not got any letters..they take their own time..sometimes till 1st week of march...

2 exercises a class 2 and a gold prep usually both mandibular unless they change it this yr... 5 cases will be given to you to practice a case presentation on out of which one will be chosen on that day....nothing to complicated everything oral no slides or presentations..

you usually have 1 month from the time they send the interviews to the time of your exam....if you seriously practice you need no more than a couple of days of practice, what takes time is arranging the material recquired for the practice so you may want to get on that.

The manual has everything you need for the bench and one on one interview... as far as the one on one with case presentation, you'll are all doctors and you'll know what one persons perfect treatment plan is might not be anothers... so they are not looking for perfect treatment plans just seeing how well you can communicate and whether you make an ideal candidate for nova , one whom the faculty will be able to get along with for 3 yrs...

ofcourse do not make a mistake like if the BP is 180/110 you decide to do an elective therapy without a medical consult ( this is just an example)

as for the fees i think they are $2500 if i remember .... do not even think about the money because if you do get it it will be the best $2500 you ever spent in your life... if you don't wanna challenge yourself you will regret...
Hey sherulite ,
Thanks for providing all of us with your interview experience.
What did you mean by: it's better for us to prepare the material?
Are you talking about the the class ii and gold crown preparation?
Or preparing well for the one on one interview.?
For. 2500 I guess the university lends us all the material needed, however is there something I should bring that could help?
Are the diamond burs used or new?

The 2 hrs practice time you will get the day before your bench test is just enough to get familiar with the simulation lab, the instruments , how to use the hand pieces etc... you will manage to do a prep but trust me you wanna practice on your own outside before coming so you get used to cutting teeth again, especially for those who have not practiced in a while..

you will be provided all the instruments and all the burs are brand new..

i have nova bench test manual which include tooth prep and treatment planning exercises. it will help for bench exam preparation . if interested msg me:thumbup:

plzz i need it can u send me plzzz...and what do they usually ask for bench test...

hi m having an interview next month and m not familiar with bench exams in the states,is the practice provided the day before the bench test enough? is there any kind of preparatory courses present to help me?plz answer coz m lost!

till which month they 'll invite for interview calls

guys who got interview call,can u plz tell me that did u get interview call by mail or by e- mail?

guys who got interview call,can u plz tell me that did u get interview call by mail or by e- mail?

Guys who got interview invitations via email this weekend please post here.

Has anybody brought a typodont to practice for the bench test. Does anyone know where we I can find a used one?

Hello everybody,
Can someone guide me through the Case analysis and presentation. I mean is there any format to follow and is it going to be difficult? Also, what level of performance is expected from us.

I just got back home from Nova yesterday...overall the college seemed to be better than my expectations. Both the days were stressfull...but I hope it will all come down together in the end.
Lets stay in touch....Even though they said it takes about a week, seniors said they will start giving out the Ivitations in a couple of days.

I just got back home from Nova yesterday...overall the college seemed to be better than my expectations. Both the days were stressfull...but I hope it will all come down together in the end.
Lets stay in touch....Even though they said it takes about a week, seniors said they will start giving out the Ivitations in a couple of days.

Hey did you give your interview or you just visited the campus?

Interview was good. So did other 47 applicants...They just wanted to see how well you commuinicate. It lasted 15-30mins depending on the case presentation...
There was a presentation regarding Clas II and gold crown as to waht they expect.
My Bench Exam went well too...eagerly waiting for the result/

Guys please let all know if one of us gets the acceptance call..all the best guys

I heard they will accept about 30 of them as it was last year...but atleast20 of the 47....

Interview was good. So did other 47 applicants...They just wanted to see how well you commuinicate. It lasted 15-30mins depending on the case presentation...
There was a presentation regarding Clas II and gold crown as to waht they expect.
My Bench Exam went well too...eagerly waiting for the result/

thanks. what was your case presentation on?
Also is there another batch after this, are they calling more interviews?

They call one batch every year..so Im not sure about the details.
Mine was a first time patient with an oral leison.

Guys Please update this post as soon as you hear back from NOVA.
Thanks!!