This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chuckycheese124

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am accepted to both schools and I have to choose one of them by the end of this week.
MW-IL is a bit more expensive. if i attend nova, i will be able to save $15,000 every year in tuition/fees. But I feel like I will be happier if i attend MW-IL as it's closer to home town.
my heart says attend MW-IL (friendly environment) and brain says attend NOVA (cheaper). i am torn between two schools.
please help me out choosing the right one!

1. which one is more clinically strong?
2. when do students take board exam in both schools and what's the passing rate?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at NOVA, and have a really close friend who just finished D2 there. All the students seem to really enjoy it. My buddy says his class is really close and is always doing things together outside of school. He had quite a bit of clinical experience in his 2nd year. It seems like an awesome environment.

I would choose NOVA. You can spend the money you save on plane tickets to visit home. Nova is a more established program while MWU-IL is still figuring stuff out with their clinic from what I've heard

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend graduated from Midwestern last year. Not only he had the 450k debt, but he freaking hated Midwestern. He told me to not apply there, that's how much love he got for this school.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend graduated from Midwestern last year. Not only he had the 450k debt, but he freaking hated Midwestern. He told me to not apply there, that's how much love he got for this school.
A doctor I shadowed graduated from there a year ago as well and absolutely loved it. Also keep in mind that the upcoming class will have a drastically different experience than last year's graduated class.

A doctor I shadowed graduated from there a year ago as well and absolutely loved it. Also keep in mind that the upcoming class will have a drastically different experience than last year's graduated class.
That's true, but if you're planning on spending 400k+ on a dental school, make sure you don't spend it on Midwestern. Nova over Midwestern anyday.

Reactions: 1 user