Nova vs Nebraska (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J shock

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm having trouble deciding which school I would like to attend next year. One school is extremely close to home the other is very far away. However, I think there's more room for personal growth in Florida; however, I think Nebraska was also good because of the small class size and the student to faculty ratio. If you could help me out or give suggestions that would phenomenal.

Pros:
  • cheap living expenses
  • Virtual reality dentistry
  • small class size
  • close to home
  • State of the art facilities
  • 18-21 credit hour semesters
Cons:
  • out of state
  • limited implant exposure
School 2: Nova
* IS/OOS?
Pros:
  • Living in Florida
  • New environment to grow professionally
  • research opportunities
  • Larger dental class
  • ample opportunities for well rounded general dentist
Cons:
  • student to facility ratio
  • 30 credit hour semesters

Members don't see this ad.

Nova is private and Nebraska is OOS public. I would choose Nebraska. Cheaper living expenses and close to home are really big pluses especially when dental boards roll around. Implant dentistry can be something you gain more experience during a general practice residency or an additional residency. Plenty of grads go right into practice from Nebraska as well. Nebraska has great matches into all the competitive specialties. Small class size is a plus for getting in your required dental procedures and for mentorship and letters. Just transitioning to dental school, you will grow personally and professionally. Good Luck!