Nova?

Started by Bandit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
John Shewmaker (Adrianshoe).
I am a M2 at NSU-COM. It seems that if you are so unsatisfied with the school and the education you receive here, it would be logical for you, wanting to be a competent doctor, to be spending your free time in the wards or with your nose in "Foundations for Osteopathic Medcine" or "Harrison's."
Furthermore, if you are as cynical and sarcastic with your patients as you are with the members of this forum, I hope for their sake you decide on radiology or pathology as a specialty.
I strongly urge those reading this forum who are considering NSU-COM for their education to take into consideration the opinion of the majority of students at this college...that the educational experience is superior. Feel free to email me or catch me on aol messenger at username euuuge.
 
What does the majority think?
because so far, so few of the students are actually speaking, i cant tell...
as for your comments, you are exactly correct, when i am not involved in family matters, and when I am not spending the odd five minutes of time it takes to respond to most of these postings, I do spend a lot of time reading...come over to the office and ill show you some OB/GYN articles you may find useful this month....take care...JAS.
also huge do you have a brochure for comlex one yet? if so, stop by and I'll show you how to use it AFTER comlex one to help you for comlex two...later
 
ps....stay away from harrisons...start with Marino ICU MANUAL and stay AWAY from harrisons....it is very wordy...LOL...like reading my stuff only on Pancreatitis or Urinary Infections...can you imagine!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I don't think many NSU students actually go to these websites, to be honest. And although what I say only represents 1/600th or so of the NSU-COM population, I don't think I'm alone. I can tell you my good friend, another M1 feels exactly how I do. So make that 1/300! From what I can gather from the M1 class, feelings are mixed (these following statements should be taken with a grain of salt since it is what I think the others in my class think). Some people are upset with the prison thing. Cool, whatever. I dig that. Some people are upset with some of the professors. Why? Is it because they feel they aren't learning about certain classes? Or is it because they didn't do so well on the tests? Is a 77 really so bad that you have to yell at the teacher? I was up at a prof's office a few days ago, and I saw a fellow student raise their voice and accuse the professor of being closed minded about homosexuals (in re: to contracting a disease). I was appalled. over one point? Was the professor bad? No I don't think so. I don't think the average was too high on the exam which might explain why the student got upset. Who knows? I think that medical students in general expect perfection out of themselves, and when they dont' get it on a test, they don't want to blame themselves. So they take out their aggression on someone else, which can lead to rumors.

Adrien, not saying you do this. Just saying that I think several students get upset over very little things. I have been a very tolerant person my whole life but am willing to voice my opinion on something I disagree with. So far at NSU I haven't had much to disagree with. I see people's point on the prison things and it SHOULD be a volunteer elective. That's it.

In re: to the Dean threatening students... i was at the m1/m2 meeting where he did discuss the prison thing (a somewhat heated argument between the dean and teh students), and I can UNDERSTAND how people may have found his opinions threatening, but I think that he just voiced his concerns over teh school's reputation. When he said "it subtracts merit from your degree" I think he is valid. Badmouthing the school on unsubstantiated information isn't going to make NSU look good, and that's what I believe happened on the prison rotations. Someone sent an email out to the M1 class saying "You have to do prostate and rectal exams all the time" when word first got out spread rumors within the class and made people upset. But the person, I think, made unsubstantiated remarks on what the person THOUGHT the rotation was going to be about. Not a good thing...

IMHO anyways.

 
quinn, i have to wholeheartedly agree...most students probably dont read this stuff..

Saw a lot of the test anxiety assinine behavior you are describing...we had a whole contingent of people that would write 20 protests each test when they already had a 98
...I had my own feelings of wanting to be perfect, but usually you get pretty much what you prepare for, and I never took it too much to heart...its hard to say how i would have acted if i were pulling 70-80s though, so maybe its not fair for me to be too critical...
...we also had the usual group of people that were convinced that certain professors were "out to get us"...That was always kind of funny....they are never out to get us when we score a 96 but if we get an 84..."they were out to get us!!!"

Trust me on the MARINO (NOT MARINI!!!!) ICU book though...it bridges a major gap between second and third year and it is VERY EASY TO READ...this is a rare thing!!!!!..there are two copies in NOVA for check out, they are in the front row of books, on the bottom shelf, in the RIGHT set of bookshelfs, check one out...

Tip for endocrine: Use this time to review the lipid, glucose and gprotein systems...start drawing pictures, put all the catabolic systems on one side of the cell and the anabolic ones on the other side.
list the rate limiting step also...i know this seems like MORE work, but in actuality it is LESS, because you will be able to place the NEW information into the web of your previous knowledge...PLUS when you do PHARM, a lot of the DRUGS will be PLUGGED into your diagram and you can get a cheap biochem and physiology review while studying pharm....good luck and enjoy the free weekend.

I agree that unsubstantiated rumors can hurt NOVA, but not NEARLY so much as if NOVA's dean were to attempt to censor its students...there's always going to be an adrian sarcastically exaggerating situations (that was kinda the whole point lol)
but usually intelligent people ignore them unless and until they point out a legitamate issue....and then intelligent people JUMP ON THE ISSSUE and discuss the issue and they do so without personal insult...I really appreciate how well you have done this QUINN.

 
quinn, i have to wholeheartedly agree...most students probably dont read this stuff..

Saw a lot of the test anxiety assinine behavior you are describing...we had a whole contingent of people that would write 20 protests each test when they already had a 98
...I had my own feelings of wanting to be perfect, but usually you get pretty much what you prepare for, and I never took it too much to heart...its hard to say how i would have acted if i were pulling 70-80s though, so maybe its not fair for me to be too critical...
...we also had the usual group of people that were convinced that certain professors were "out to get us"...That was always kind of funny....they are never out to get us when we score a 96 but if we get an 84..."they were out to get us!!!"

Trust me on the MARINO (NOT MARINI!!!!) ICU book though...it bridges a major gap between second and third year and it is VERY EASY TO READ...this is a rare thing!!!!!..there are two copies in NOVA for check out, they are in the front row of books, on the bottom shelf, in the RIGHT set of bookshelfs, check one out...

Tip for endocrine: Use this time to review the lipid, glucose and gprotein systems...start drawing pictures, put all the catabolic systems on one side of the cell and the anabolic ones on the other side.
list the rate limiting step also...i know this seems like MORE work, but in actuality it is LESS, because you will be able to place the NEW information into the web of your previous knowledge...PLUS when you do PHARM, a lot of the DRUGS will be PLUGGED into your diagram and you can get a cheap biochem and physiology review while studying pharm....good luck and enjoy the free weekend.

I agree that unsubstantiated rumors can hurt NOVA, but not NEARLY so much as if NOVA's dean were to attempt to censor its students...there's always going to be an adrian sarcastically exaggerating situations (that was kinda the whole point lol)
but usually intelligent people ignore them unless and until they point out a legitamate issue....and then intelligent people JUMP ON THE ISSSUE and discuss the issue and they do so without personal insult...I really appreciate how well you have done this QUINN.

 
sorry about the double post, i hit the button twice on accident...mea culpa (that's latin right???)

Huge, Quinn, do me a favor: i opened another thread called things i wish i knew two years ago, could you read it and tell me if it will be helpful or not?
 
Adrian,
Yeah i read your things I wish i knew thread... I actually cut and pasted it to microsoft word and printed it out, I think it will come in handy... but right now rotations seem so far away. But they look like good tips, thanks. I'm sure most of us will appreciate that stuff.

I think you do have good points. And your point about that rumors about the school may hurt but a true fact will hurt it more. I guess with the Dean issue (censor vs a warning) is total interpretation. I talked about it with another M1 and the student agreed that it can be interpreted both ways. So both of us are right. 'nuff said.

In all, I think NSU is a good school, it does have some kinks here and there, and it is also a transition period since the new Dean is taking over... I think in ten years NSU-COM will be one of the best osteopathic medical schools (i think its one of the better ones now)... it may even be the best. I hear a lot about PCOM... but I hope that NSU-COM will meet or exceed PCOM's reputation.

Q
 
Quinn, I probably lean more toward YOUR interpretation of what happened than toward the one that the student representative gave me...but...like you said SOME people definitely interpreted it as a threat...perhaps the dean needs to clarify (without heated words).

Not that it means much, but: i sincerely appreciate how you researched and presented a balanced and intelligent commentary...the issue is now DONE as far as I am concerned...I played the role of the "injured medical student asserting his/her right to speak out" for the simple purpose of pointing out
that Voltaire was a more prominent figure than lenny lip****z (med student who feels threatened and censored but won't stand up to it due to future monetary concerns)
and to show that when someone makes comments that are construed as threats, often the end result is worse than if NO words had been spoken....hope everyone enjoyed the play...no curtains calls please.

CENSORSHIP AT NOVA a play in three parts
Cast: Quinn, concerned med student, honest, pragmatic and dedicated
Roll Tide: Soon to be med student, in no need of brainwashing
Huge: brainwashed second year, too tired to delineate cynicism from satire.
Crazydoctor: paranoid second year, brave, honest, but convinced the dean is watching
Zdoc: cameo appearance, needed the money
AdrianShoe: beaten down old fourth year, still fighting the wars against previous corrupt administration, recruited as a mercenary by the underground spys within the government.
Prostitute: provided by NAV escorts
special appearance by GREG GULICK: M1 Class president: defender of regime, public spokesperson, fighting diligently to get more parking spaces for Nova students during Dolphins training camp.
Unsure cannot decide where he wants to be placed in the billing, so we will put him here.
We regret that we were unable to sign Dan Marino to a guest role, he was pursuing other interests.

There is a message in Joyce's literature...but it isn't for everyone to find.
 
Hey, its getting pretty bad when Lenny lipshutz can't even put his name on a posting!!!!!! LOL.
 
I am not sure I like the role of a pimp in your play. What is my motivation?
Adrianshoe, what would you reccommend in preparation for med school? I will be starting at AZCOM in August and want to get an early start. I've been off since September and am starting to get a little bored. Should I review my undergrad pharmacology and physiology or start reading up on anatomy? Any advice you or anyone else could give would be appreciated.
 

Enjoy the time you have, but if you must do something...EMBRYOLOGY! The more embryo you learn now, the easier anatomy will be for you later. Embryo is tough, but understanging it will make anatomy a breeze.
 
dont go overboard trying to learn a lot before school starts....BUT, having said that, i would find out what AZCOMS first THREE WEEKS of material is and I would do my best to spend the next 16 weeks of your time getting this three weeks of material down STONE COLD...the reason is simple...its easy as heck to stay ahead in med school if you START AHEAD in med school...your stress level is lower and if you need to take a day off you wont feel guilty....at nova it is really easy to get ahead if you start a little early because the first three weeks of Histo is basic cell bio and Biochem is basic chemistry. I would buy an ANATOMY cd rom: get the one with the actual human photographs that has self testing capabilities...And focus on learning the CENTRAL muscle or nerve within any photograph..the other muscles tend to lay themselves out around a central one
ex: in the pelvis, the piriformis is the key to the whole picture.
YOUR goal right now should be to find out what is the first several weeks of MATERIAL covered in each of your courses...call up the course director, most will talk to you...good luck and ELICIT LOTS OF OPINIONS.

Figure out dirty jokes to make you remember...the Best ive heard is:
HOW IS THE LINGUAL NERVE LIKE A VAGINA?

any nova students feel free to pipe up with the answer.
 
Navs Babeee you have to emote....be the pimp

strut like the pimp

"this cat is paranoid man, if he take one of my ****** they both gonna be found dead in my pad"

a little 70's clothing, a toothpick in the mouth.....man this is the stepping stone.

Morgan Freeman in STREET SMART...watch his moves, he glowers, hes friendly but you always feel the shark is about to strike...this could be you...ps you get a star on your dressing room and we will give you a title
biggrin.gif
OCTOR Nav the man of the streets, prophylaxis for the soul.
 
Brainwashed huh? Now I'm trying to figure out who did the brainwashing. I appreciate how your posts have evolved over the past weeks John. While your original posts asserted that your opinion was the only one, your current posts recognize the thoughts and opinions of others and I think this gives a bit more merit to your posts.

-Joshua

[This message has been edited by RollTide (edited 03-27-2000).]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The punchline:

They both give taste to the anterior 2/3 of the tongue.

I didn't write it, so those who are offended please don't yell at me.
 
Dear Roll Tide:

"dissenting views appreciated, humor preferred"

this comment was at the END OF MY FIRST POSTING..this was the same posting where i coerced you into asking me my name (by rudely asking someone elses)...are you dense enough to think that wasn't intentional?

In my third posting i wrote "dont take my word, that would nauseate me, look hard and look deep"

In my replies to Greg, I stated that HIS opinion in many ways was more valid than many fourth years.

Yet, you somehow missed all this while you were busy using words like: paranoid, crazy, rambling, angry, biased (thats a good one, if it were not biased HOW COULD IT BE AN OPINION? of course my opinions are biased...thats what LIFE EXPERIENCES DO TO YOU)

you have been way too busy (and angry) to see the underlying nature of this thread because as i said "you might as well be a sheep",
The UNDERLYING THEME OF THIS THREAD IS: I HAVE BEEN LEADING YOU THE ENTIRE WAY...from pissing you off early to making you change and say "WOW, adrian YOU HAVE REALLY COME AROUND."

this was one of my ORIGINAL POINTS..go back and look it up!
you and the others who DONT stand up for what is right are just sheep...worse yet, you are concrete thinkers so ingrained in your own arrogant following of SCHOOL, MOTHER, GOD and COUNTRY, that you dont possess the self awareness to know that "killing innocent cilivians is wrong, Threatening censorship is wrong, etc..."

You are the perfect person to go to medical school....you are bright enough to memorize algorithms yet not sophisticated enough to avoid becoming a ***** to the system if the system develops flaws....

thank you for allowing me to lead you through this past three weeks..
If little old angry me can lead you back and forth from any emotion I choose you to have, how much easier will it be for an institution you already profess love for having never attended?

.if you dont believe i was leading you, write to RBORHANI and ask him to send you a copy of my email to him. NOTE THE DATE...good bye and good luck.
 
John,

I have never been angry at you. I do not know you well enough to be angry with you. I do however feel sorry for someone who posts to a public forum denigrating the university to which they attend. Some of the things in your posts have angered me because I did not feel that you were offering both sides of the story. I felt that you were executing your revenge on the administration for personal problems you had with them.

As for you brilliantly leading my emotions, I could easily post a racial slur or make a misogynistic comment and purposefully elicit the emotions of others here on this forum. It does not take a genius to deceive someone here and find it rather arrogant of you to assert your superiority over me by your statement.
As far as your statement to Greg about feeling that his opinion was more valid than a fourth year student. Yes, you did say this, but then you went on to call Greg, who has been a very important member of the internet osteopathic community for years, a tool of the administration. THIS DOES ANGER ME! You do not know Greg, you in your lifetime will not come close to helping people the way greg has with this forum and with numerous websites relating to osteopathic medicine. You also posted a contradictory statement in the "Successful" thread about how you felt that first years had no idea of what they were talking about.
One last thing, you are right, I do follow the SCHOOL, MOTHER, GOD and COUNTRY ideology. You on the other hand prefer to piss on your school, mother,GOD, and country. I take great pride in the fact that I will attend NSU, and every time you decide to post your personal grievances with the administration, I and others will post the other side of the story. If you get your kicks from eliciting the emotions of others, then fine, I could care less, but my concern is with the premeds who might read your garbage and take it for the truth.

-Joshua
 
actually, I DO KNOW GREG (so, you have lied once, wait there's more), having met him personally on several occasions, and from talking to him in person and via the internet before he EVER came to Nova, up until three weeks ago I would have even called him a personal friend if someone had asked.....and since STUDENT GOVERNMENT is an accepted arm of the university (they sit on evaluation and disciplinary committees for example) there is no insult to Greg by calling him a tool of the administration (its called being honest, perhaps you have heard of this concept), and I personally hold him no real ill will...obviously i wish HE would fight against censorship but i cannot make Greg or anybody fight for anything, its his decision, i accept that.

Furthermore: I also happen to know that I would have NEVER said anything negative regarding M1s opinions except if i were dripping with ironic sarcasm (i dont have to even look back at that thread to say this confidently)
so you are a liar twice.

Dont take my word, noble honest readers:

I welcome anyone to look at the thread our resident liar is referring to: its called: all the wrong reasons (started by successful).
I personally will not, because I already know that you are a liar because I never said that...so go ahead everyone...I know its a long thread, but I didnt come along until fairly late into it, so just read the last half ....lets have some honest critique (that wouldn't include our friend Josh, since its already established he is dishonest).
And as for you being able to arouse emotions by making a racist comment or by trying to tempt me into rereading an 8 page thread, you show your naivette...obviously, you will elicit emotional responses BUT only from some of your fellow sheep...the rest of us would critically evaluate and comment on your statements and respond without rancor, because that is the way to handle such stupidity. so without rancor i critically evaluate you as LIAR. period.
so follow whatever definition of god, mother, school and country you decide and continue to do so blindly, bomb innocent civilians, rape, pillage and plunder all other belief systems, allow yourself to be censored without a whimper...you will go far.
you will however be the very person you hypocritically castigated successful for pretending to be...that was his whole satirical point which you cannot comprehend..uh...excuse me, you already admit to being that type of person, so i guess its a moot issue..

It is interesting to note how blindly you defend a school you dont even attend and you defend it against someone who has been here and seen four years of political and educational depravity, grades changed, cheaters reinstated, people failed when the COURSE DIRECTOR admits they should not be failed...things which you obviously know very little about, and your defense: second hand information from people recruited by the school to talk to you..some would call that stupid on your part...personally i find that too insulting....dishonest naivette is a more appropriate description.
 
John,

My information is not second hand through people refered through NSU. I have worked with and volunteered with graduates of NSU long before I ever decided to apply to NSU. I consider the opinions of those who graduated from NSU and who are now in practice to be valid. I also consider the countless other NSU students who post in this forum with opinions that are contradictory to your own to be valid. I will NOT address your personal attacks on me here, but if you would like to step outside of this forum to discuss them ([email protected]) I will.Your attacks on me amount to little more than bullying in an attempt to grandstand.

The student goverment of a university is NOT a arm of the administration. The SGA at any university is intended to be a voice for the students in campus issues. You choose to not be apart of it and instead ridicule it. Instead of using your voice (SGA), you post here. This does not appear to be the most constructive of avenues to pursue. Another comment you made:

"RIGHT NOW YOUR PUPPET ELECTORATE ARE NOTHING BUT BROWNNOSERS LOOKING FOR SELF ADVANCEMENT,
ANY GAINS THEY GATHER WILL BE SOLELY FOR PERSONAL RECOGNITION..."

I don't think many people make comments like this about friends, but maybe it's just me.

Another comment of yours:

"Please try not to insult your fellow students, While you may disagree with their positions, why not state why you disagree and do it without personal attack.."

I point to the brownnoser statement and the many personal attacks you have waged on me.
Follow your own advice.

Your right, the statement was not in the thread about "for the wrong reasons". It was in another and this is what you posted:

"just as it is impossible to assume that anything a first year says of a positive nature isn't under duress after being warned about speaking out the dean,"

Maybe I am wrong, but this appears to be contradictory to your statement about a first year student's opinions having more merit than a fourth year. So I hope you realize now that I did not lie about anything. But if it makes you feel like a big guy to call others names, go ahead.

John, please, lets stop with the personal attacks, you never know, your CV may end up on my desk one day or mine on yours. I disagree with your assesment of NSU and you disagree with me and the other students who have posted here. Lets let it end there. If you want to attack me, do it via email.


-Joshua
 
Josh, you have NO ability to recognize sarcasm...or irony...if you bother to reread the postings, you would notice that my statement about brownnosing came after I asked you FOUR times to be polite and stop personally attacking people...it was a COMPLETELY satirical posting but you evidently just CANT SEE REALITY...
It was ADRIANSHOES manifesto of "how to set up a clandestine movement" which was written from the Paranoid view point...having obviously not really Appreciated your English Appreciation Courses, you totally miss this point...unless you are being dishonest...

of course your information is second hand...REGARDLESS of who you "talked too"

Unless you have EXPERIENCE things its SECOND hand...obviously you just CANT ADMIT this either.

How is it a personal attack to call you a liar...YOU asserted that I DONT KNOW GREG..when YOU have NO WAY of knowing the validity of your statements...YOU state I am on a personal vendetta, WHEN YOU DONT KNOW ME...calling you a dishonest person is only an HONEST observation...I am sorry if the truth hurts....guess that explains why you tend to avoid it.
 
It also isnt a persona attack to point out your hypocrisy...you PERSONALLY attack a poster for three weeks and THEN after numerous attempts to get you to modify your personal attacks, you act as if you at the person being attacked...grow up and learn to evaluate your actions...hypocrisy is a really bad thing...if that helps at all.

by the way...why would i care about my resume being on your desk or vice versa...i didnt get into MEDICINE for the job opportunities...that seems to be your reason not mine.
 
Josh, it is really sad that you lack the intelligence to see that what I said regarding medical student opinions being questionable if they have been threatened with explulsion IS IN NO WAY an INSULT or an INVALIDATION of most M1 opinions (who are attending schools without CENSORSHIP)

it is simply a question of FACT... IF you are ordered not to write negative comments or face expulsion...the CRIME of this action by the dean is that by HIS action he brings into question any POSITIVE comments made henceforth by his students, because any intelligent person would have to consider whether these opinions would change without the THREAT OF EXPULSION...if you just refuse to see this then you are a *****...I cant say that any nicer...I didnt NEGATE the students opinions...the DEANS CENSORSHIP has that direct effect, I simply POINTED OUT that this is a necessary consequence of his actions
...and stop being a hypocrite regarding personal attacks...seeing as how YOU instigated them through your lies and your insults. now you all of a sudden don't like them thrown back at you? grow up and practice what you preach for once in your life.
 
John, as your classmate, I agree someone does need to speak up when censorship is attempted. Luckily, we had a class with a lot of balls and we all would have stood up to this.

I don't see how Greg blasted you personally, but totally avoided the censorship issue. He didn't defend or deny anything, and he's the class president, that's interesting.

Quinn also said he didn't know about the censorship question, and then said he was present when the Dean made whatever comments he made. Then he said another student thought the Dean's comments could be interpreted as a threat. Maybe Quinn is using some of your own writing style. Maybe there isn't "another M1".

Rolltide, how can you say that Greg has done more than John ever has or will? John was one of the most helpful people I have ever seen. He tutored anatomy for free for many of our classmates and also gave a demonstration of how to study bacteriology that helped a lot of us, including me. He isn't paranoid or angry, he used to bring his kid to class all the time.
He seems very passionate about improving the education system.
In second year, He tutored a lot of the different programs because the physiology department wasn't very strong at that time.
It was funny to see him walk down the hall, because everyone in the different programs knew him by name. So, I do not think it is fair for you to say that Greg has done more, without having seen what John has done.
 
Isee,

I was talking about what Greg has done for the osteopathic community and promoting osteopathic medicine on the web, not at NSU specifically. I agree, from what I have heard from John, he has done quite a bit for students at NSU and I am not denying that. I think it is quite noble of him to spend so much time helping his fellow students. But John is no hero, he does not try to initiate change, he does not pursue his disagreements in a mature or constructive manner, what he does is complain and bully those which have no control over policy issues at NSU.
 
once again Josh, what YOU choose to see becomes YOUR truth doesnt it?

Who has been doing all the research on this issue? not YOU. YOU have only chosen to avoid the issue.

Who has been trying to stimulate and push this issue to its natural conclusion, ie a retraction.

what have I been doing Besides typing on the internet? You dont know. Do YOU?

As for being a Hero, Nope, heros are people SHEEP look to for leadership, while placing them on a very narrow platform and stabbing them constantly in the back in a effort to make them fall, heroes are a tool of the masses...mark mcguire (until he does andro..crash), Wimp Sanderson, until he beats up his secretary Boom),...Heroes are cheap facades you use to justify your own lack of initiative, theres only one person i care about being a hero for and that ones sitting on my lap while i type....The minute someone as shallow as yourself decides I am a hero is a very tragic moment in time.

Thanks for the comments Isee, but dont bother please, comments from Josh or anyone without the integrity to discuss ISSUES, rather who begins their dialogue with personal attacks carry little weight with the type of persons we need in medicine. He obviously feels that being a Political mover for force is somehow more important than trying to personally help people become better physicians. so let him sit on the sidelines and pretend he is interested in improving osteopathic medicine, let him defend that which he does not know, WE have to work to turn out a BETTER PHYSICIAN because anyone with intelligence knows that THAT is where respect and equality are going to grow from....NOT from smoke and mirrors and nice marble facades, and certainly not through fickle yellow press polls...how long will it take Nova to remove its pulldown menu now that they no longer on that ridiculous list of top primary care schools? my bet is it stays up for a while.
so my guesss is that they expand their cynical use of a nonsense poll by using it beyond its time period.
 
Two Nova posts!!! Shoe, you must be in heaven.
 
Shoe,
I mean this w/ no disrespect. Just thought I would spread some McGwire facts. You'll probably be happy to know that he no longer uses the Andro supplements. After the criticism he received a couple of years ago, he decided to stop taking. Not because of it's efficacy (which is still unknown), but because he felt that if it was going to be portrayed as a negative that he didn't want it to be a "black eye" for him as a role model. He said he'd just assume hit home runs w/out Andro if the public felt it would send a better message to the younger impressionable crowd. Pretty admirable I suppose. I guess it didn't really effect his power number's last year either. Well just my baseball update.
smile.gif
 
Ok, so switching subjects...Andro...should it be legal? I say yes. Legalize all drugs, put the KILLERS out of business and use the money saved from incarcerating prisoners, prosecuting murders and interdicting the drug trade (we are talking billions) into a focused education system with more creative development of the individual mind. obviously, money could be used for improving MEDICAL EDUCATION as well (oh cmon you didnt think i wouldnt at least mention it) Will more people use drugs if its legal? i doubt that's possible if you believe the supposed numbers of people who admit to having tried it.
The drug smugglers could then focus on bringing in RU-486.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey " Nova Sucks":

What happened, did you just fail a test you whinny little bitch? Study harder next time!
 
Zdoc, thanks for your last posting, we finally have a true insight into who you are as a person and now we can fully evaluate your comments much better.
 
Well shoe, if you have spoken to the dean earlier, I wouldn't have wasted my time reading all your crappy posts. Did I not ask you if you talked to the dean in person? Is this your way of resolving conflicts; by talking behind peoples backs and not confronting them in person. I imagine that you're very popular with the ladies you caddie little thing you!
 
Zdoc, since you have yet to bring legitimate discussion of issues to the table, I have composed the following series of responses to any of your further postings:
1.
2. ditto
3. ditto
4. ditto

Feel free to choose any response you wish.
Please do not consider this an insult, it is only that you seem disinterested in honest and open discussion, therefore I can't justify wasting my time responding to you, as I feel that insulting people simply for the hell of it is not professional and adds nothing to any of our lifes. However, since you feel the need to talk, please use any of the four answers above and build around them.