Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yo homies. I'm not a big fan of Nova's website as it has hardly any information on it!

Why are people interested in Nova? (Other than South Florida, beautiful campus, new program/new school)....I can't find any info on the program itself!

How diverse is the d-school?

Is getting chair time a problem?

I would appreciate any input if you guys have visited there, interviewed there or just know anything about the school. ANy other place I can find info on the program?!

Members don't see this ad.

Yo homies. I'm not a big fan of Nova's website as it has hardly any information on it!

Why are people interested in Nova? (Other than South Florida, beautiful campus, new program/new school)....I can't find any info on the program itself!

How diverse is the d-school?

Is getting chair time a problem?

I would appreciate any input if you guys have visited there, interviewed there or just know anything about the school. ANy other place I can find info on the program?!

Nova is good for all those reasons you mentioned....beautiful, warm weather, new facilities, etc. Initially it was a great "back-up" school for Florida residents wanting to attend UF (Nova is 1 of 2 dental schools in FL). These days it's quite competitive, although it still offers a class size around 105. The school likes diversity (like all schools) but I don't know specifics on that. I have heard from students and on messages boards that it is hard to get chair time, and students have to recruit their own patients b/c there are never enough. People report that the students seem unmotivated and unhappy there, but I've heard otherwise! :p

Nova is good for all those reasons you mentioned....beautiful, warm weather, new facilities, etc. Initially it was a great "back-up" school for Florida residents wanting to attend UF (Nova is 1 of 2 dental schools in FL). These days it's quite competitive, although it still offers a class size around 105. The school likes diversity (like all schools) but I don't know specifics on that. I have heard from students and on messages boards that it is hard to get chair time, and students have to recruit their own patients b/c there are never enough. People report that the students seem unmotivated and unhappy there, but I've heard otherwise! :p

My roommate is a D3 here at Nova, and I am a D1. I have heard that it is hard getting chair time, but the official word is that they are opening more clinics, such as one that is open in North Miami. As for unmotivated, thats laughable, we wouldn't be in in dental school if we weren't motivated, and I can't speak for everyone, but pretty much everyone i know is happy. Now by happy i don't mean we don't get frustrated, but that is life and we just deal with it. Nova isn't a bad school from what I can tell, it has its problems just like every other school. But come down and interview and see what you think about it

im applying to nova just cause its total life change, i'd like to live in fl for 4 years during school. i heard from a blog i sometimes read (blue-harmony, just search it). she's a student at nova, and she just made a post about how getting chair time is a pain. they are switching to some type of "lottery" system very soon. stay tuned.
can't wait for my interview!