Now its all about scholarship!!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fasttrack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

once again, as in my last post i posted about residency in germany as being non-eu student as well citizen and after getting a huge responce and proper guidence i have got a link where they are ready to adapt or hire me! that was really great and tough job for me but it was possible with a lot of help. so thanks guys! now the Question stands in front of me about a scholarship! they are ready to hire by telling that i am going to start as a paid assistent doctor and 1st couple of years they are not going to pay me so it suppose to be a paid residency for me after 2nd year! the authority said me that we pay for assist.doctor normally 3600 eurp per month with tax. so he said if you want a position which is possible, and please fullfill require document for work permitt and visa, after that they will help me to get licence ( temporary). he said that 1s 2 year you should either sponcer yourself or else hould find the scholarship! and it is about 36000 euros! which they will pay me in installment per month as 3600 euros! so in that manner they will show me as a paid resident and paid amount i can use as my own living cost. s my quiestion again is what is the normal single person cost of living in germany!? and how to obtain the big sum like 36000 euro for twice??? any foundation? any other way? i am absolute blank in this and nothing getting. as i got a chance which was very hard and i just dont want loose. so what will be ultimate solution for indian citizen who is having russian medical diploma!?
thank you guy (in advance)

Members don't see this ad.

Well depends where in Germany do you plan to live? Frankfurt is horribly expensive but Berlin on the other is not so bad (you can manage in 530-600 EUR per month). But regarding the 36,000 EUR, there's no other way of getting it other than bank loans of some sort combine with private loans. It's usually very rare that they give you a scholarship of that much amount, if not impossible. So you do need to bet a bank/private loan. In addition to this, you will have to work in Germany (in a store or in campus or something). You might want to check with the person who hired you , if they offer any scholarships for international students. That might or might not help.

thanks a lot shreypete!! but you see in india i dont think about getting that much of lumpsum amount from the bank! so here may be i need to check any personal funds or private scholarship but as much i know those are rare and again 36000 euro its BIG one! i ask to my parents but they say ok no problem, still asking me that are you sure that after 2 years you are getting paid there? and same Question i ask to the person who is ready to hire me then he says that your motivity, but i cant guarantee about paid residency! so again i am in doubt whether pay this risk or just gave up! the person said me in most of cases it is possible to get hire by hospital after 2 years where you get paid quite nicely! .....! nothing to say! i dont know ...! blank....blank!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes this is actually a problem for international graduates not only in Germany but also other European countries (like Turkey) where international graduates don't get paid.

I strongly urge you to also look into Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. These countries, although they're hard to get into, do offer very good salaries to their residents and they also offer scholarships to international students! Do check up on that if you're interested. They pay much higher than Germany too!!!

thanx shyrepete. i am looking forword for germany especially because i have got a chance which i was counting difficult. just let me know that what are the chance to get paid from 3rd year of residency!?what are the percentage?( i was guided as in germany entry is importent and after that everything is smoth going!) as my parents asking me because may be quite huge money for them as they are allready paying me here for genral medicine!

Are you supposed to pay something for the first two years or do you just need to have enough money to cover your living expenses during that time? If you only have to cover your living expenses you can probably get by with less than 36000 Euros (depending on where you live in Germany and what living standard you wish to have). I studied in Munich, which is one of the most expensive cities, and managed with much less than that. I got by on less than 1000 Euros a month and I had my own apartment (in most cities I am sure you can do well with even less)! Many hospitals also have housing for employees which is sometimes cheaper than a normal apartment so make sure to ask!

As far as what the chances are of getting paid after 2 years.... I do not know of anyone that has come over in this way so I really don't know what the chances are but I think if you master the language and perform well then the chances are not too bad (due to the increasing shortage of doctors). Make sure you ask the "Bundesaerztekammer" in the state you will be working in if you will need to take an equivalency exam in order to obtain a working license ("Berufserlaubnis"). I think that this is a requirement for all non-EU citizens (even if they have studied in an EU country) according to the new laws..... I could be wrong but it would be good to know because I think this exam can be pretty challenging and will require some preparation time.

I hope that everything works out well. I don't want to give any misinformation so it is best to contact the officials who can inform you of all the legal issues..... good luck and enjoy Germany!!

i am suppose to pay that as my 1st year salaryin deposite (the person who is ready to hire me he said!) because he said that they are just enable to pay me during my 1st 2year residency. because in that hospital there is no vaccancie available right now. so they cant get me as a paid resident doc. more over he said, after 2 years if your german is good and if you compite with german physician and proove yourself so i can take you a paid one. it means i have to manage the 36000 euro for 2 years which will be returned me in installment each month as 3600 euro salary! it is quite intersting but i dont know! and he said that will be your money which you can use for ur monthly expence. and ore over he gave me a kind tip that save from salary as much you can and reinvest that for next year. whn i ask why so? why i have to deposite that much money, isnt it possible to just deposite 12000 euro hich is quite comfertable for my parent to pay and which is enough me to servive there during 1 year then he said that... " No, that we cant do because here for assitant salary s standerd which is 3600 euro. and which must be paid by us to you per month and we mus be enable to show you on the paper that we pay you 3600 euro per month mean you are a valid work permitt holder!
when you studied in munich? what year? what about your residency there? paid one? and yeah he gave me idia about hospita residency it self, he said its cheaper and food also will be available. yeah i am learning german good. and trying to get in system. so that i will prove myself. the proffesor who hires me he said no need o face any exm. but before you come here for interview you should inform us 3 month before so we will arrange the interview where we will check your german language.
anyway in this summer i am looking quite forword to do my electives in east germany! at that time i will check such a vaccancies over there in germany for residency. i will focus to make more contacts and meet to more clinics and therehead dctors and present myself. but if somthing really dont work out then i have to go for this apportunity and have to turn in to golden one.! anyway i am just still in confusion what if i cant get my paid residency in 3rd year????? it wil be biggest prolem for me! if any onecould help then please give information that can i work extra somwhere in same city to support myself? i mean i can work maximum 40 hrs as a resident doctor in clinic. so i will be having more time in hand to work somthing else! if yes i can work then what wil be the earnings per hour! and where will be chances o work? thank you