NP or PA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know, my GP (MD) also tries to get me to take massive units of D3 every time I am in for a visit like its the end all be all for my immune system health.

Vitamin D has a rationale in managing osteoporosis in conjunction with bisphosphonates.

Zinc and bioidentical HRT? Not so much.

Orthomolecular medicine? Ah, no.

Members don't see this ad.

Vitamin D has a rationale in managing osteoporosis in conjunction with bisphosphonates.

There's a large and growing literature base for vitamin D that goes beyond bone issues. The fact that Dranger's physician is aware of this should be seen as a positive.

I am an NP, currently working on becoming an MD. NPs can do nearly everything a general practice MD can do. The main difference is that NPs must have a collaborating physician sign off on their work.

I've had a thriving private practice of my own for years now, and the recent changes in America's healthcare laws appear to be working to the benefit of NPs.

There appears to be a growing trend in support of Wellness and Preventive care, which is one of my personal specialties. Previously, insurance companies would not reimburse for Wellness visits, but BC/BS not has a plan that does, and it appears likely that others will follow suit.

All-in-all, having started out as an LPN and working my way up to RN and eventually NP-C, I personally have done quite well in my career and would encourage the individual who initiated the thread to take a close look at nurse practitioner programs, as I believe they offer more in the long-run in terms of potential for career development.

Nurse Practitioner Pam, NP-C, CDE, ABAAHP, MN

Hey good post overall. I would say that you should change your post from Attending to other on your standing its insultive o/w due to lack of education to be an Attending. Also are you trying to do Oceania Med. online or a brick and mortar school?

Members don't see this ad :)

I understand the rationale behind D3 for osteoporosis but I am not exactly the age, gender nor lifestyle that would be put me at risk for a dosage10000 UI a day (recommended 10 to 12k). I had come in for a strep infection nothing more nothing less. There is other literature on additional positive effects of D3, but I have to look at research more to formulate an opinion. My comment was made to show that a spectrum of providers suggest these vitamin supps and not just one NP running a business.

As for the other vitamins such as Zinc it kind of seems like the fads in the body building world. People spending massive amounts of cash on individual amino acids when all they need a solid whey protein or gainer.

I understand the rationale behind D3 for osteoporosis but I am not exactly the age, gender nor lifestyle that would be put me at risk for a dosage10000 UI a day (recommended 10 to 12k). I had come in for a strep infection nothing more nothing less. There is other literature on additional positive effects of D3, but I have to look at research more to formulate an opinion. My comment was made to show that a spectrum of providers suggest these vitamin supps and not just one NP running a business.

As for the other vitamins such as Zinc it kind of seems like the fads in the body building world. People spending massive amounts of cash on individual amino acids when all they need a solid whey protein or gainer.

For the most part I agree that Vitamin D is the new fad vitamin, like vitamins C and E were in recent decades. That being said, I still buy into the studies enough to take some extra D in the winter time to keep colds away lol. 5 cents a day is worth the hype I guess.

This is for those of you touting the need for 20+yrs HC experience....

Have you ever thought that perhaps you're just a slow learner? :D