NPTE- July 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

end508

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for discussion and results post on the July-NPTE. I thought the exam was (unnecessarily) difficult, with very few "easy" questions. Cannot wait to receive the results next week.
~Best of luck to everyone~

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Ugh I took it Wednesday so I guess I find out Tuesday?

Possibly? I'm not sure how it works. I would assume like Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, as long as everything goes through on their end. I think that it's really messed up we have to wait a whole weekend before we find out

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Possibly? I'm not sure how it works. I would assume like Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, as long as everything goes through on their end. I think that it's really messed up we have to wait a whole weekend before we find out
Yeah we should know immediately whether we passed or not. It's multiple choice. Put us it if our misery and just tell us already

Yeah we should know immediately whether we passed or not. It's multiple choice. Put us it if our misery and just tell us already

Totally agree. You can find out your score on the PEATs within a few minutes so the boards should be the same. I can't wait any longer lol

Reactions: 1 user
Still nervous as hell. But feeling a little better knowing that Aprils passing score was that low. We get 50 knocked off and then can still miss over 50 more to pass. Just so nerve racking.

Still nervous as hell. But feeling a little better knowing that Aprils passing score was that low. We get 50 knocked off and then can still miss over 50 more to pass. Just so nerve racking.

I'm with you. We can miss like 100-110 and still pass. (I think) I literally just want to see PASS next to my name and I won't tempt fate and check my score lol.

I hope we ALL pass

Well it is weirdly encouraging that so many people apparently have the same feelings I do. I did quite well on the peat practice and retired exams. This NPTE was soul-crushing. Let's hope we all knew more than we think we did. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Well it is weirdly encouraging that so many people apparently have the same feelings I do. I did quite well on the peat practice and retired exams. This NPTE was soul-crushing. Let's hope we all knew more than we think we did. Good luck to you.

Thank you!!!! I was totally freaking out until I started talking to you all. It's so nice to hear others feel the same way as I do. The NPTE was a total curveball ugh

Good luck to you as well!

First post in over three years. I lost my login (apparently registered with my undergrad email?) I registered prior to being accepted to PT school, and contributed to the 2014 "will I get in" thread. I registered a new account with a stable email this time.
Here it is on the other side of the tunnel and I sit here awaiting NPTE test results. It's therapeutic to commiserate, so I'll add my data point:

I tested on Wednesday, and like many others, I thought this test was inordinately hard. I was stunned at how many questions I read and thought "They all look wrong to me"

In the last 8 months I've taken:
1 Faux-NPTE program capstone: score 81%
3 ScoreBuilders exams : scores ranging from 70-73%
3 TherapyEd exams scores ranging from 71-77% (I passed one! YES!)
Both PEAT tests: retired-731/800 & practice 698/800
That's 9 practice exams, plus the frequent use of NPTE-prep phone apps and any NPTE-style questions I could google from the internet-at-large.
I thought the retired NPTE was extremely fair. The practice was harder, but reasonable. It could have been frame of mind.

I'm almost sick with anxiety over the score of the actual NPTE. I've actually had recurring dreams where I scored 593. It's always 593.

This waiting is torture. Even my wife is angry (by proxy). She's a Nurse Practitioner and knew Pass/Fail before she left the Prometric Terminal.

Reactions: 3 users
First post in over three years. I lost my login (apparently registered with my undergrad email?) I registered prior to being accepted to PT school, and contributed to the 2014 "will I get in" thread. I registered a new account with a stable email this time.
Here it is on the other side of the tunnel and I sit here awaiting NPTE test results. It's therapeutic to commiserate, so I'll add my data point:

I tested on Wednesday, and like many others, I thought this test was inordinately hard. I was stunned at how many questions I read and thought "They all look wrong to me"

That's 9 practice exams, plus the frequent use of NPTE-prep phone apps and any NPTE-style questions I could google from the internet-at-large.
I thought the retired NPTE was extremely fair. The practice was harder, but reasonable. It could have been frame of mind.

I'm almost sick with anxiety over the score of the actual NPTE. I've actually had recurring dreams where I scored 593. It's always 593.

This waiting is torture. Even my wife is angry (by proxy). She's a Nurse Practitioner and knew Pass/Fail before she left the Prometric Terminal.
Feel the exact same way my dude. It counted at least 10 "easy" ones that I missed that is really stressing me out. The exam should not have to be this difficult. Obviously we all wer accepted and made it through a DPT program for a reason.

Reactions: 2 users

That's how it should be. The waiting is absurd.

I passed the April NPTE and I can Imagine what you guys are feeling while waiting for the results. I know a lot of people who felt that they totally failed the exam and ended up passing.

I wish everyone the best and see that "PASSED" word on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's like every day that goes by I think of another 1-2 questions I got wrong. And then also 2-3 questions where I wasn't sure. Because those questions were everywhere. Just so much stress. Need to just keep telling myself that this one's I got wrong were the 50 that don't count. Even though I know some of them won't be -_-

It's like every day that goes by I think of another 1-2 questions I got wrong. And then also 2-3 questions where I wasn't sure. Because those questions were everywhere. Just so much stress. Need to just keep telling myself that this one's I got wrong were the 50 that don't count. Even though I know some of them won't be -_-
Totally agree man it sucks good luck to you!

The night after the exam, i also remembered a lot of questions.. it keeps running in mind and cant sleep..i think i slept at 4am that day.. haha! Now, I dont even want to check if i pass or fail.. i will let my friend check it for me..

The night after the exam, i also remembered a lot of questions.. it keeps running in mind and cant sleep..i think i slept at 4am that day.. haha! Now, I dont even want to check if i pass or fail.. i will let my friend check it for me..

My friend who took it last year keeps telling me that they walked out feeling like they failed but it was their highest score yet, I hope that's all of us

oh wow! i don't feel alone now. Mutual feeling..exam was quite difficult. This was my third attempt and it was the toughest one. I gave my best shot so fingers crossed!! FSBPT usually starts uploading results in the evening and this process can go as late as 12 am! I gave my exam on Tuesday so it should be out by tomorrow evening.
All the best to everyone.....

oh wow! i don't feel alone now. Mutual feeling..exam was quite difficult. This was my third attempt and it was the toughest one. I gave my best shot so fingers crossed!! FSBPT usually starts uploading results in the evening and this process can go as late as 12 am! I gave my exam on Tuesday so it should be out by tomorrow evening.
All the best to everyone.....

Keeping my fingers crossed for you my friend!!

Not sure how true this is, but I heard from some previous year graduates that an early way to tell if you passed or not is to check and see if the FSBPT lets you re-register to take the exam again, if not presumably you passed, if so...maybe not a good sign. Again, I'm assuming this is incorrect but was wondering if anyone else had heard of this before?

I've heard from other types of licensees (RNs, DDS) the same type of deal so maybe it's correct for other careers, and not PT.

Not sure how true this is, but I heard from some previous year graduates that an early way to tell if you passed or not is to check and see if the FSBPT lets you re-register to take the exam again, if not presumably you passed, if so...maybe not a good sign. Again, I'm assuming this is incorrect but was wondering if anyone else had heard of this before?

I've heard from other types of licensees (RNs, DDS) the same type of deal so maybe it's correct for other careers, and not PT.

I just tried it out and got this message so I think it might still be too early to tell. At least it didn't tell me I could sign up right away! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 184
omgggg.... i dont knw how m going to sleep tonight... m so nervous... frm outside m trying to stay calm... bt inside my sympathetic nervous system is killing me...

Well I have tried this after my previous attempts at NPTE and FSBPT won't let anyone re-register because of current active status of the exam.

But looking at previous july posts they all got on same night doesn't matter if they took on different dates

I believe it is possible but then I saw this on Facebook this morning

Everything Bhupinder has posted on FB regarding the NPTE has been for the Wednesday exam (even the study schedule). So if he thinks Wednesday test takers should get their results tomorrow night, then us Tuesday test takers should be getting ours tonight!

Best of luck to everyone. I've found much comfort in this thread knowing that I'm not the only who felt like the exam was insanely hard and nothing like the PEATs...

So nervous.. wishing everyone did well
Everything Bhupinder has posted on FB regarding the NPTE has been for the Wednesday exam (even the study schedule). So if he thinks Wednesday test takers should get their results tomorrow night, then us Tuesday test takers should be getting ours tonight!

Best of luck to everyone. I've found much comfort in this thread knowing that I'm not the only who felt like the exam was insanely hard and nothing like the PEATs...

This thread has definitely helped me so much!! I hope that we get our results and everyone does well!! I just got insanely nervous though lol

I feel like the cat in my Dp, anyone feels the same?:eyebrow:
NPTE......Please have mercy....