-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NPTE October 2014
Started by lime_17
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
taking my NPTE OCT. looking for a study partner in Sacramento CA region. Im foreign trained, born raised in CA though etc etc. please contact me if anyone is looking for a study partner. [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where in california are you located? Im also taking it in octoberwho's taking the NPTE this october? i need a study partner/grouo. anyone interested? residing here in CA.
email me at [email protected]who's taking the NPTE this october? i need a study partner/grouo. anyone interested? residing here in CA.
I'm retaking NPTE this october 2014, study partner/ group ,anyone interested? I'm foreign trained, residing in Colorado.
email me at [email protected]
email me at [email protected]
Hey all,
Question.... Do we need to take CLE before or after NPTE?
Question.... Do we need to take CLE before or after NPTE?
Hey all,
Question.... Do we need to take CLE before or after NPTE?
Brenda, you can take it before or after. I took mine a week after the NPTE to give myself a few days off from studying and studied for 2 days total before the CLE
Taking NPTE in October. I live in Atlanta. Would appreciate any group drilling or other review. I can do Skype or Google Hangout or, if you are local to Atlanta, review in person. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks and good luck to all.
hey guys,
hope you all ar feeling confident about your preps for the npte. im trying to keep a positive attitude and attempt it for the 3rd time and hope i will be successful.
i dont have any practice papers with me except for the ones in O'Sullivan and scorebuilders, i last attempted them in april, do you guys think its ok to attempt the same to understand my level of preparation?
wish u all, all the best!
hope you all ar feeling confident about your preps for the npte. im trying to keep a positive attitude and attempt it for the 3rd time and hope i will be successful.
i dont have any practice papers with me except for the ones in O'Sullivan and scorebuilders, i last attempted them in april, do you guys think its ok to attempt the same to understand my level of preparation?
wish u all, all the best!
along with those two u mentioned, i would recommend u online advtage prac exams frm scorebuildershey guys,
hope you all ar feeling confident about your preps for the npte. im trying to keep a positive attitude and attempt it for the 3rd time and hope i will be successful.
i dont have any practice papers with me except for the ones in O'Sullivan and scorebuilders, i last attempted them in april, do you guys think its ok to attempt the same to understand my level of preparation?
wish u all, all the best!
thankyoualong with those two u mentioned, i would recommend u online advtage prac exams frm scorebuilders
I'm foreign trained and I'm retaking The NPTE in January, I'm looking for a study partner, I am in Delaware . We could meet on Skype, or hangouts, please contact me at [email protected]
Looking for NPTE October 2014 study partner in the Boston area. Email me at [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got 83% on the retired and 80% on the practice. I was feeling really good about it going into the the test but coming out of it feel terrible.How do you guys feel about the exam for tomorrow? How did the peats go for you guys. I got a 70 practice form and a 76% on the retired one. Not sure how that compares to others. Starting to get worried!
How do you guys feel about todays exam (oct/2014),,,???
Failed by a couple points in July. I don't know how I could prepare myself any better... Refuse to take this a third time. Is it Wednesday yet?
same...i had a 81 and 93 on peat practice exam but what it gave us today was nothing what i was expecting. there were a lot "what?!" in the exam. UGH!!!!
Seriously! I don't think many people leave feeling awesome about it. Hopefully we all did fine.same...i had a 81 and 93 on peat practice exam but what it gave us today was nothing what i was expecting. there were a lot "what?!" in the exam. UGH!!!!
Seriously! I don't think many people leave feeling awesome about it. Hopefully we all did fine.
Last edited:
it was my 3rd try, but mystery is still under earth,,I don't know what should I read extra ?? peat is nothing, it is very easy as compared to real one,,, good luck guys,,,sleep well tonight,,
Most of my friends knew before going to sleep on the Tuesday for the July test. I got mine around 3 am Wednesday. I'm thinking it will be the same kind of situation but they have less to post this time so hopefully I won't be up at 3 obsessively refreshing!felt about the same. missed it in july, too. Do you think we will get the scores earlier than next wednesday
I really don't care about the time they will declare our results..the only thing I want to see is ''PASS" for all of us. This frustration is gonna kill me,,,it was my 3rd try, but mystery is still under earth,,I don't know what should I read extra ?? peat is nothing, it is very easy as compared to real one,,, good luck guys,,,sleep well tonight,,
😉)
I really don't care about the time they will declare our results..the only thing I want to see is ''PASS" for all of us. This frustration is gonna kill me,,,felt about the same. missed it in july, too. Do you think we will get the scores earlier than next wednesday
😉)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like there is at least one therapist that everyone knows that shouldn't be a therapist because of their lack of skill/knowledge or whatever it is. They somehow "guessed" right like ppl say and their in. Such a frustrating exam that is poorly worded at times and without enough information given.
Last edited:
OMG,,please don't say that,let me sleep for couple of days,,😉)I heard from someone that the results weren´t even on the fsbpt page yet but they already knew because it was posted on the website of their State´s licensing board....keeping my fingers crossed!
I heard from someone that the results weren´t even on the fsbpt page yet but they already knew because it was posted on the website of their State´s licensing board....keeping my fingers crossed!
That early? it hasn't been a day. i think they go through a process and it will take a few days
Sometimes your state processes the licenses faster than the fsbpt processes the score and if it shows you as licensed you know you passed. Of course you'll have to of had any state law or other state requirements complete. In Florida my license went through 2-3 days after I saw I passed so that didn't work for me.
hey guys.. missed it in july by 3 points. really hard to swallow. took it yesterday it felt easier, but all in all i know i made a bunch of stupid mistakes. now im miserable and im trying not to think about it too much but today has been the longest day ever. can someone help me cope! id like to think i did 3 points better than last time.. but u never know, if this was easier maybe they scored it harder... so i may have to take it a third time. I DONT WANT TO. ive studied my butt off im just a terrible test taker.
hey guys.. missed it in july by 3 points. really hard to swallow. took it yesterday it felt easier, but all in all i know i made a bunch of stupid mistakes. now im miserable and im trying not to think about it too much but today has been the longest day ever. can someone help me cope! id like to think i did 3 points better than last time.. but u never know, if this was easier maybe they scored it harder... so i may have to take it a third time. I DONT WANT TO. ive studied my butt off im just a terrible test taker.
trust me i feel the same. i missed it in july by a few points as well. i didn't study musch the first time cause i got the impression that it was all clinical questions. In reality the test seems to be ALL FACTS. i would say 75% is facts the 25% is clinical. i studied my ass off for this exam too and i know how you feel. i felt better leaving this exam than the first but then again, like i said, i didn't study much the first time.
yeah they pull random facts out of nowhere that arent in the review books.. like, how are we supposed to remember everything. it just sucks cuz i have all these job offers.... 🙁 i just want my life to start
yeah they pull random facts out of nowhere that arent in the review books.. like, how are we supposed to remember everything. it just sucks cuz i have all these job offers.... 🙁 i just want my life to start
exactly...their test are apparently based on the books PT students used throughout the 3 years in grad school. Its too much information to remember for sure. I think the FSBPT should just make a review book so the students know what to mainly prep for and what to follow. Scorebuilders and Therapy Ed sometimes contradicts one another.
There are so many ppl who feel this way. im just hoping we all pass. i don't wish anyone to retake this exam.
Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. Thinking about losing yet another job before I start is making me sick. I don't know how I could better prepare for this exam, but I have a feeling that I am going to be a couple points away again. It's all about luck and if the ones that you had the most trouble with are the unscored ones. I never thought I'd fail one time let alone 2 times. Terrified I'm going to have now 2 degrees that are useless if I can't pass this stupid test.hey guys.. missed it in july by 3 points. really hard to swallow. took it yesterday it felt easier, but all in all i know i made a bunch of stupid mistakes. now im miserable and im trying not to think about it too much but today has been the longest day ever. can someone help me cope! id like to think i did 3 points better than last time.. but u never know, if this was easier maybe they scored it harder... so i may have to take it a third time. I DONT WANT TO. ive studied my butt off im just a terrible test taker.
I'm in the same boat as you. Thinking about losing yet another job before I start is making me sick. I don't know how I could better prepare for this exam, but I have a feeling that I am going to be a couple points away again. It's all about luck and if the ones that you had the most trouble with are the unscored ones. I never thought I'd fail one time let alone 2 times. Terrified I'm going to have now 2 degrees that are useless if I can't pass this stupid test.
I feel the same. Did a career change to this field. So frustrating but we all have to hope for the best. If not, we just have to take it again. No matter how long it takes us, eventually we all will make it. I hope everyone passes and they are able to start their "new" life.
Hey everyone! I also missed it by a few points in July! Took it in October and found it to be much more difficult! July was clinical based and this was pretty much all facts! Not how one would expect to be tested! Facts don't prove anything for a clinician... Praying for the best but expecting the worst...
The results will be on the FSBPT website under status of my request. But scores are being reported until November 4, and you'll just know if you pass/failHi! I took the exam for the first time in Illinois and I am kind of clueless as to where and when to check the results. Help? 🙂
The results will be on the FSBPT website under status of my request. But scores are being reported until November 4, and you'll just know if you pass/fail
Okay! So I should check only the FSBPT website starting November 4, did I get that right? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thats right, but keep checking your status with your state board also, because they will get it early before you ...good luck,,Okay! So I should check only the FSBPT website starting November 4, did I get that right? 🙂
Thank you so much! Good luck to you, too 🙂thats right, but keep checking your status with your state board also, because they will get it early before you ...good luck,,
On the one hand, it's good to read so many comments that echo my experience. Like many of you, I failed in July, by 15 points. I had studied as much as I could before taking the exam, relying on the Scorebuilders book (in retrospect, that seems to have been a really fatal error) and spending a little time with some of my classmates to do group review. I think for me, personally, having to do most of the review on my own was a handicap. All through school I had trouble finding study partners. I'm not sure why that was, but I surmise mostly it's because I'm a good deal older than most of my classmates, and they simply didn't want to spend time around someone who they felt wasn't like them. Knowing what I know about my learning style, NOT having a good, strong, cohesive AND productive study group throughout the process is a pretty decisive disadvantage.
Aside from that, having taken the exam twice now, and having worked really, really hard to drill and learn and find out how to keep such a huge volume of knowledge accessible in my memory, I can't help but think that the board is deliberately pushing to make the difficulty of the exam match the goal of direct access by 2020. They can only accomplish that goal by doing their utmost to demonstrate the PTs truly do have a level of clinical expertise that is on a par with that of MDs, which certainly is NOT the case as of right now.
I don't mind a bit that the exam is difficult. I mind that, as so many of you have said, the resources to prepare for the exam do nothing substantial to help us prepare for the actual exam. The coursework at my school did not reflect the level of difficulty or the weight given to subject matter that was reflected on the exam (either in July or in October), and none of the other resources I've found gave a fair picture of how to get ready for this exam. I'm glad to work as hard as I can to show I'm safe to work with real patients, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that I be given the tools to demonstrate that readiness rather than engage in this utterly puzzling guessing game that, at so many points, relies on sheer dumb luck.
I wish all of us a passing exam grade and a happy, productive career.
Aside from that, having taken the exam twice now, and having worked really, really hard to drill and learn and find out how to keep such a huge volume of knowledge accessible in my memory, I can't help but think that the board is deliberately pushing to make the difficulty of the exam match the goal of direct access by 2020. They can only accomplish that goal by doing their utmost to demonstrate the PTs truly do have a level of clinical expertise that is on a par with that of MDs, which certainly is NOT the case as of right now.
I don't mind a bit that the exam is difficult. I mind that, as so many of you have said, the resources to prepare for the exam do nothing substantial to help us prepare for the actual exam. The coursework at my school did not reflect the level of difficulty or the weight given to subject matter that was reflected on the exam (either in July or in October), and none of the other resources I've found gave a fair picture of how to get ready for this exam. I'm glad to work as hard as I can to show I'm safe to work with real patients, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that I be given the tools to demonstrate that readiness rather than engage in this utterly puzzling guessing game that, at so many points, relies on sheer dumb luck.
I wish all of us a passing exam grade and a happy, productive career.
Couldn't agree more with many ppl comments here. We are half way there until getting our PASS/FAIL. I think we all worked hard and it's time to just enjoy the next few days not knowing rather then stressing. It's out of our control now. All we can do is hope for the best.
Bottom line is that this test does not and will not define us for who we are. Some are just bad test takers, some are great at it but can't treat a patient for their life. But eventually we all redefine our crafts and will make our weaknesses strength. Just can't give up.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison
Bottom line is that this test does not and will not define us for who we are. Some are just bad test takers, some are great at it but can't treat a patient for their life. But eventually we all redefine our crafts and will make our weaknesses strength. Just can't give up.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K