NPTE practice exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dizzy88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have taken the NPTE recently, do you mind sharing a little bit about your performance on the practice exams? How many you took, the source, scores, etc. I'm getting ready to take mine at the end of the month and I'm kind of stressing out. I've taken 5 exams (3 Scorebuilders and 2 O'Sullivan) and have only passed 2 of them. I still have 2 PEAT exams to take and 1 O'Sullivan, but I need to decide by the end of this week whether to plan on taking it as scheduled or reschedule for July.

This thread can also be a April 30th NPTE frustration thread :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Lol, IMO, if you're not stressing right now, you haven't been taking the exam seriously enough! ;)

I graduated last May and took the exam in July. My class organized a TherapyEd course review so we had access to their quizzes and at least one practice exam (I think). I also took the 3 O'Sullivan exams and I think passed one, barely. If I recall correctly, my scores on the others two were just short of passing. In addition, I had the Scorebuilders App on my iPad that I used with a group of classmates. We met on Sunday evenings and did various timed quizzes. We reviewed each quiz together afterwards and had further discussion, if needed. I don't remember the scores because we broke up the sections each Sunday. Personally, I believe it was more of an opportunity to get together, drink wine, and decompress a little from all the studying.

I did not take any of the PEAT exams. I found the Scorebuilders material to be "easier" in comparison to my actual exam, and the "O'Sullivan" exams to be more difficult. I believe I had read others' echo the same, so take that into account.

While I wouldn't discount the scores you have received thus far, take a moment to assess your level of understanding/comprehension of the various sections you have had difficulty in or did poorly in. If you truly feel you are not ready to take the exam in April, go with your gut. If it's more of stress/anxiety than actual readiness, rest assured, I remember the feeling and I'm sure a large majority of the April NPTE test takers are feeling the same.

Good luck!

I took the scorebuilders test at school(we all had too). It was our very last day of classwork before going out on final clinicals, and we had a class(teachers included) bar crawl that night. Needless to say, I didn't study for it and just tried to get it over with asap. I think i got like a 54% but I never reread any questions, etc.
i took all 3 osullivan ones and didn't pass one. I think my scores were all low 60s.
Needless to say I was worried going into the exam, but I passed with a pretty good score.

I agree the Osullivan questions seemed harder than the real test, and the scorebuilders one was easier.

Truth is, nothing is like the Real Test. I tend to not take things as seriously unless its the actual test. Your whole frame of mind is different and you have adrenaline pumping for 3-4 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, I just took the TherapyED online exam. It doesn't reflect the new exam format that has been changed from this year Jan 2013. It was pretty annoying but since I bought it of course I took the test. I just wanted to let everyone know in case you haven't bought it yet but planning on buying it.

Best of luck with the studying and exam.

Thanks for all the info everyone, and for bumping up the thread from January!

It's just so hard to feel comfortable walking into that test when you're barely cutting it (not that anyone feels "comfortable" lol). Took my first PEAT exam today and was 2 points away from the target score :(

Our DCE also told us that the exam for this year is harder in comparison, so you should be scoring well above the target scores. That makes me even more stressed out.

Happy studying, everyone...