NRI questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desikuri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
heyy guys...i am actually in Canada. I am from Hyderabad and would like to go to a medical college there. I really need to know some good college or university there.

These are the main things i would like to know:
What is the pre-requisites and with what subject I need to pass out in Grade 12.
Does the college offer hostel facilities, and what are the amenities provided.
What is the fee pattern could you please give me a detailed breakdown.
what the level of the college vis-a-vis International standards.
Is the degree / certificate recognized.
Are there any donations and do you provide receipt.

I know its many questions...but the main thing i wanna know is THE FEES and DONATIONS for the med schools in Hyderabad
i would really appreciate it if i got some help.

Members don't see this ad.

heyy guys...i am actually in Canada. I am from Hyderabad and would like to go to a medical college there.

if you hold Indian citizenship only then you are allowed to compete for admission in government run medical colleges.

I areally need to know some good college or university there.

osmania medical college is best govt run institute in Hyderabad. If you are an NRI then pvt colleges like Deccan med is good one, anyway all pvt colleges are just a means of selling MBBS degrees to highest bidders.

What is the pre-requisites and with what subject I need to pass out in Grade 12.
physics, chemistry and biology(basic botany and zoology)

Does the college offer hostel facilities, and what are the amenities provided.
yes almost all of them

What is the fee pattern could you please give me a detailed breakdown.

can't help you with detailed breakdown but this should give you an idea-

avg annual fee in govt college in maharashtra - 10,000 - 12,000 INR

Avg annual fee in pvt college in maharashtra -
300000 - 450000 INR

usually NRI seats are even costlier than a pvt seat for Indian national. These deals are done thro' middlemen and mostly shady so no receipts are usually given for charges above official fees

what the level of the college vis-a-vis International standards.
Is the degree / certificate recognized.

Indian MBBS is recognised only in Nepal, Maldives and Mauritius

if you hold Indian citizenship only then you are allowed to compete for admission in government run medical colleges.

osmania medical college is best govt run institute in Hyderabad. If you are an NRI then pvt colleges like Deccan med is good one, anyway all pvt colleges are just a means of selling MBBS degrees to highest bidders.

physics, chemistry and biology(basic botany and zoology)

yes almost all of them

can't help you with detailed breakdown but this should give you an idea-

avg annual fee in govt college in maharashtra - 10,000 - 12,000 INR

Avg annual fee in pvt college in maharashtra -
300000 - 450000 INR

usually NRI seats are even costlier than a pvt seat for Indian national. These deals are done thro' middlemen and mostly shady so no receipts are usually given for charges above official fees

Indian MBBS is recognised only in Nepal, Maldives and Mauritius

Thank you soo much for the Info sinster...

so if i dont have a indian citizenship what am i supposed to do? cause i am holding my canadian citizenship right now..

do you know how the hostels are like?? i mean have you or your friends or someone lived in one?

and how are the teaching methods?good bad okay?

wait i didnt get the fees/donations stuff...could you please exaplain it again...

and what marks do i need as well like my whole average or every mark is individually counted?

sorryy for the trouble but i would appreciate the help..

Members don't see this ad :)
guyss i got like 99 something views common lol someone reply i got one...but anyone who is in hyderabad who is doing medicine it will be soo helpful!

I dont study in hyderabad. but your best bet like sinister said is osmania and then deccan. i think recently a lotta colleges have come up in Andhra so it makes for more seats. but if by chance, you have domicile and are applicable to write the MCET(the Andhra Common entrance test), be careful. those tests are very very very competitivie. people take 1-2 years off just to study for them

osmania accepts students only on the basis of merit,no seats for fereign students,u best options deccan,shadan or kamineni

soo then in deccan how would i be accepted like what do i have to do???

get in touch with their admissions staff now and get the ball rolling in terms of telling them you are looking into applying to deccan.. they will tell you when to come to deccan and when all the formalities need to be taken care of.... but yeah generally with private colleges as long as you have taken all the pre reqs its just a matter of dumping some cash on the table and ur in.... but yeah I would definitely come a month in advance just to be on the safe side... umm and to see how the place is... dont go through any agents... you will prolly end up getting ripped of... go directly through the college admissions office... you should check out my thread too... its prolly the 1st or second thread in this forum... has a lot of good info to keep in mind.... I hear andhra gets really hot during the summers... Good luck!

Hey, I am from hydeabad too. Well my family is any way. I was down there during christmas to look at some colleges. In hyd, deecan isnt the greatest. OSmania is but u aren't elligible cuz u have to go to school there. Um don't even think of places like mehahbobnagar b/c that was the worst college in he entire world. You shouls try kamenani but I heard that it is in rural hyd. So i mean from a girls prescpective, hey wren't very good colleges cuz of communal dorms and unsanitary living conditions. They didn't even have a prospectus brochure. WHat exactly does that say? BUt i think u should try colleges outside of andhra. I mean ur already moving half the world away so might as well be away from family right? I plan on attending college in karnataka. Some of cousins are there and it is a lot easier to adap there than in hyd b/c u have that whole telugu stereotype and family commitments and things like that. I would suggest googling the colleges and get a hold of a number and call the admissions office and talk to them. hope that helps. tc

but wouldnt kamenani be a government runned school? cause i have a canadian passport and wouldnt that mean i can only get into private colleges???

The problem is not that i am having my family around and stuff i am fine with commitments and i am gonna miss my family here if i do end up being in india. It's jsut the fact that i need my parents to say yes to the fact that i wanna go there and study...and i would agree with the fact that karnataka is good butttt i dont know the place well enough but i was also thinking abt banglore cause that place is veryy nice but the same thing with that...atleast i know a bit of hyderabad and i have people there who willlll hoppefullyy*** help me out...but its always best to not count on people....

and you know what the other prob is the colleges suck at talking the admmision staff is soo stupid when it comes to talk to seriously and half the numbers on google are not real loll.....soo i really need help basically with all of this..uggghh

Anyone considered KMCIC in Manipal? The only US-modeled medical school in India. Basic Sciences in India, Clinicals in the US guaranteed for our students.

lol tipton, there really are heights of shamelessness.
i understand that you are trying to promote your system, and that this is a good place to do it. not only that, but youre also helping the students out by giving them all the contanct info they need. but really, instead of dropping a "business card" in every single forum, it would probably be much more helpful if you gave some information about the program, and what it entails.

this forum is for discussion, and i think it would be good if that information would be available to anyone who stops by to read, rather than only to the select few who decide to call you.

if you do decide to post some helpful information, please post it in the topic labeled "to all nri's thinking of coming to india for education" by dggopal.

lol for all you know, it may be better for your business.

if you do decide to post some helpful information, please post it in the topic labeled "to all nri's thinking of coming to india for education" by dggopal.

lol for all you know, it may be better for your business.

That's the first thread I responded to. Thanks for your "advice".:thumbup:

Yeah U did reply to that thread.... But it was pretty much just a look into this... here's my number... Sell ur product a little man... give us a little info on what the whole program entails. How much it costs in comparison to indian colleges... stuff like that... I mean the way you worded it, it sounded like if I went into the program you are talking about I wouldn't have to take the USMLE's... you might want to elaborate on ur initial post is all.... that way you will sound less like someone with an agenda...

Ok.

I provided links (moderated out?). SDN must be a little bit different from other fora depending less on individual research and more on instruction.

KMCIC = Manipal campus of American University of Antigua College of Medicine. US-modeled medical program = academics in India, clinicals in the US. USMLE prep built into the curriculum. Pass Step 1 prior to Clinicals. Pass Step 2 (CK, CS) as graduation requirement.

6-year MD for students coming out of HS: 4 years in Manipal, 2 years in US.

4-year MD for students coming out of college with all prereqs: 2 years in Manipal, 2 years in the US.

Questions? Comments? War Stories?