NRIs thinking of Medical College in Punjab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gurman13o

1st Prof. Gian Sagar MBBS
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when i was starting to consider going to Medical college straight out of high school in a foreign country.. i went to this site to find out what school to apply to.

I currently Attend GIAN SAGAR MEDICAL COLLEGE in banur, Punjab.

And if you're looking into medical schools to go to in Punjab, Gian sagar is your best bet. It is new and the staff is full, The dorms are AMAZING and it is a good place to learn. Its secluded from cities.. but Banur and Chandigarh along with Patiala arent too far away.

Members don't see this ad.

is residency available for surgery there>>????
thats the fees ?????
thnaks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I am in my senior class for high school in California and my family is really stressing over me to do medical in punjab, india because it saves so much time and money. I am wondering if it is worth it going there to become a doctor and coming back to the US for residency because this is where i want to stay. I know many people are going to India to do medical and coming back, but have also heard it is difficult to pass the exam. So what are you thoughts guys?

Australia's A LOT better of a place to do Medicine if you're hoping to hop back to North America.

Only thing is, it's expensive as hell.

Why not just stay here if you want to practice here? At some places you won't necessarily save time and money. There are some other posts about this around here.

Hi there for some reason my message isn't going through to you. But I am new here, and I am seriously considering going to Punjab for studies. So can you please messgae me and tell me about everything there? Thank you. I also looked at some pictures and it seems liek a very beautiful place. I have been there before and I loved living there but I don't know about permanently.

I suggest you read my thread titles to all NRI's thinking of coming to india for education. A lot if not all your questions should be answered there... if not post a specific question there and im sure you will get an answer...from me or someone else