NRMP is same for fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ara96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Do I use the same NRMP I used for residency for fellowship application or do I create a new one?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
Do I use the same NRMP I used for residency for fellowship application or do I create a new one?

Thanks
ERAS is the application system for both residency and most (all?) fellowships. To use ERAS for fellowships, you need to get a token from their website: Token Registration - ERAS® Fellowships Documents Office

NRMP is the matching system for those fellowships which go through a match. This is the same as the residency match system. Not all fellowships go through the match. The list is at Participating Fellowships - The Match, National Resident Matching Program (click "medical specialties" for the list of participating IM fellowships, "pediatric fall/spring match" for the peds ones, etc). Many of the subspecialties do not go through the match but treat it like a regular old job search, particularly the subspecialties that are not ACGME/ABMS certified.

No, not all fellowships use ERAS for their matching system (thankfully!). Some use SF Match (Home Page).

Some, smaller and mostly non-ACGME accredited fellowships forgo use of a match service like this all together and just go with applications and rolling admissions.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. I don't know if you use the same ERAS login, somehow I'd doubt it as there is a focus on different stuff and much of your CV will be different.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. I don't know if you use the same ERAS login, somehow I'd doubt it as there is a focus on different stuff and much of your CV will be different.

Two things.

1. ERAS is the application service, not the matching service. NRMP is the matching service. Some fellowships use ERAS, some do not.

2. Your login for ERAS is the same as for residency, but you have to fill out a completely new application. This is because your ERAS login is linked to your AAMC number, which you used for applying to medical school as well. All your demographics have already been verified that way.

OP, I haven't registered for NRMP for fellowship, because it doesn't open till the end of September for my match (all matches this year?), but I imagine they will have some information on file for you, and you just specify which match you are participating in.

Reactions: 1 user
Two things.

1. ERAS is the application service, not the matching service. NRMP is the matching service. Some fellowships use ERAS, some do not.

2. Your login for ERAS is the same as for residency, but you have to fill out a completely new application. This is because your ERAS login is linked to your AAMC number, which you used for applying to medical school as well. All your demographics have already been verified that way.

OP, I haven't registered for NRMP for fellowship, because it doesn't open till the end of September for my match (all matches this year?), but I imagine they will have some information on file for you, and you just specify which match you are participating in.

yes, you are write. I was sweating for nothing. I think we have to make a separate NRPM ID for the match anyways.