-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- General Residency Issues
- ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NRMP Match Week and SOAP Schedule and Resources Email?
Started by Psych747
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Probs. Everyone got it my year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probs. Everyone got it my year.
Just wanted to be sure we all got it
When did you get it ?Got another "ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat" email, this one from ERAS!?
I didn't get one
I got one on Monday and Tuesday. Nothing really important. More about SOAP stuff and hopefully if it comes to that point your school has your back. I know my school got everyone a spot last year. We had like 5 folks who did not match. A couple from for being stupid and not ranking enough programs. And the others overreached and did not provide adequate backup.
Got another "ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat" email, this one from ERAS!?
Chill out, bro
When did you get it ?
I didn't get one
Should have gotten
Tuesday 1pm CST
Why are you acting as if these type of emails are somehow unexpected/surprising?
Why are you acting as if these type of emails are somehow unexpected/surprising?
It must be an omen...
Why are you acting as if these type of emails are somehow unexpected/surprising?
Nah, getting 3rd email and 2nd today is sort of ridiculous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, getting 3rd email and 2nd today is sort of ridiculous
Especially since I'm trying to suppress that the result of what I've been working towards for the better part of a decade gets revealed next week... Thanks for the reminder NRMP, you're right, I might indeed be screwed on Monday
I found the emails in my junk mail box
Worry, Monday after 11 am if you do not match. Enjoy your free time while you can! 😢
Seriously, none of them mean anything except on Monday and Friday. And adjust accordingly.
If you have to SOAP, just be prepared and go through the process as outlined.
It will work out for ALMOST everyone. Just pray you are not in the OTHER category.
Seriously, none of them mean anything except on Monday and Friday. And adjust accordingly.
If you have to SOAP, just be prepared and go through the process as outlined.
It will work out for ALMOST everyone. Just pray you are not in the OTHER category.

I found the emails in my junk mail box
That's better than inbox!
This too will pass..............😵Another email, seriously there should have been one email rather than bombarding our inbox with a dozen.
"Go Mobile with NRMP!"
I found the emails in my junk mail box
Needless to say, you should fix this. There's an email coming on Monday that you're going to want to read!
Emails so far this week:
Mon 3/7: NRMP - Match Week and SOAP Schedule and Resources
Tues 3/8: ERAS - ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat
Wed 3/9: NRMP - Celebrate Match Week with the NRMP, AAMC, and AMA
Wed 3/9: ERAS - All Residency Applicants - ERAS 2016 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program(R) (SOAP)(R)
Thurs 3/10: NRMP - Go Mobile with NRMP!
Mon 3/7: NRMP - Match Week and SOAP Schedule and Resources
Tues 3/8: ERAS - ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat
Wed 3/9: NRMP - Celebrate Match Week with the NRMP, AAMC, and AMA
Wed 3/9: ERAS - All Residency Applicants - ERAS 2016 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program(R) (SOAP)(R)
Thurs 3/10: NRMP - Go Mobile with NRMP!
Psych747, you remind me why I tend to hate most med students.
Given the number of emails I get on a daily basis that I don't care about... I hardly think a few this week will matter. We all know there is no information until Monday. Meanwhile, crack open a beer and watch some TV-- 4th year won't last forever!
🤣Psych747, you remind me why I tend to hate most med students.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's email and the subsequent string of posts of people wondering what it means for them.
Before we get an email today, I am just going to say it means nothing. Just more info.
One's that matter come out on Monday and next Friday. Unless you do not match on Monday. Then, freak the **** out!
One's that matter come out on Monday and next Friday. Unless you do not match on Monday. Then, freak the **** out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh crap, did anyone get a message today saying they were SOAP eligible? Does this email mean I did not match? Lol. 

Oh crap, did anyone get a message today saying they were SOAP eligible? Does this email mean I did not match? Lol.![]()
This was the first email I got in my junk folder:/-
No, it's information only email informing applicants if God forbid they don't match on Monday, they are eligible to participate in SOAP. Nothing to worry about regarding this email!Oh crap, did anyone get a message today saying they were SOAP eligible? Does this email mean I did not match? Lol.![]()
No, it's information only email informing applicants if God forbid they don't match on Monday, they are eligible to participate in SOAP. Nothing to worry about regarding this email!
It said on NRMP's Monday email we will receive this email today, so I didn't freak out. (Though getting emails this week wasn't fun)
Same here, all of the other pointless emails came through just fine.This was the first email I got in my junk folder:/-
Glad everyone is ready for the real emails on Monday.
Mine too. Disturbing to say the least. Never had an issue with any of the other NRMP correspondence.This was the first email I got in my junk folder:/-
Mine too. Disturbing to say the least. Never had an issue with any of the other NRMP correspondence.
Exactly that tells maybe it was sent in bulk to all at same time, so we got in spam. Btw mine came earlier, 10:55am CST
This was the first email I got in my junk folder:/-
Me too, which means only one thing, those who got this email in their junk folder means that email is not important for them, because they actually matched!!
just kidding.
It must be a sign.
It must be a sign.
Everything is a sign theses days....... God help us...
Monday 11 am est be ready
Apparently the SOAP eligibility email went to everyone's spam folder. If you look on the R3 site, it will tell you if you're SOAP eligible. According to my dean, you are as long as you're slated to graduate, have certified your list, and your school has blessed you on the NRMP site. Good luck all!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooh...bad news man. People who got it before noon are going to have to SOAP. Those who got it after 12 matched.What time did everyone get the email, I got at 11:55a
Ooh...bad news man. People who got it before noon are going to have to SOAP. Those who got it after 12 matched.
Mostly my class got before 12, but it's a server issue
Oh my god!!! Your neuroses are off the chart. Chill out already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mostly my class got before 12, but it's a server issue
Your Dean is going to have a lot of explaining to do then.Mostly my class got before 12, but it's a server issue
Please just chill each and everyone. Check your email, junk mail, whatever for a message around 11 am EST on Monday.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
