NS score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What NS mcat score do I need to score a 510+ on the real MCAT? I am just really confused because I keep averaging 501 and I want to know if I am even making progress in this or not. I know they are deflated but I am just really confused and worried on how to approach this. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What NS mcat score do I need to score a 510+ on the real MCAT? I am just really confused because I keep averaging 501 and I want to know if I am even making progress in this or not. I know they are deflated but I am just really confused and worried on how to approach this. Thank you!

I average ~510 ish on my NS exams and got a 516, so I would guess ~507 + average on the NS would mean your on course for 510+ (obviously depending some degree on the exam you get come test day). Hope this helps!

What I've heard is that people tend to score anywhere from 5-8 points higher on the real thing than on NS, but obviously test day conditions can bring about the unexpected.

One thing I can tell you is that AAMC FL CARS (for me) was much easier than NS FL CARS. I was averaging around 126 on NS CARS but got a 129 on AAMC CARS.
I really hope that's true. I'm averaging 505 on FL 4-6, and I am testing in May. Thanks for the tip!

I really hope that's true. I'm averaging 505 on FL 4-6, and I am testing in May. Thanks for the tip!
Can you tell me how close your NS scores are to the AAMC scores you got? Is there any one company with the closest scores to the real thing?