NSU -16 Credits of Chemistry prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drctother

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off im sorry if this isnt the right place to post this question ( i feel like it isnt and will probably get moved).

NSU requires 16 credits of Chemistry (Inorganic, Organic, and Biochemistry) with a C or better.

I have:
Chem 1 (4 cred)
Chem 2 (4 cred)
2nd year Inorganic Chem (3 cred)
2nd year Inorganic Chem 2 (3 cred)
Organic Chem 1 (4 cred)
Organic Chem 2 (4 cred) - C-
Biochemistry (3 cred) - B+

My question is will the C- in Organic Chem 2 prevent me from applying to NSU? My grades for all the other courses listed were well above the C requirement. I was hoping that the OTHER chemistry courses could replace Ochem 2 in making up the C or higher requirement.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

First off im sorry if this isnt the right place to post this question ( i feel like it isnt and will probably get moved).

NSU requires 16 credits of Chemistry (Inorganic, Organic, and Biochemistry) with a C or better.

I have:
Chem 1 (4 cred)
Chem 2 (4 cred)
2nd year Inorganic Chem (3 cred)
2nd year Inorganic Chem 2 (3 cred)
Organic Chem 1 (4 cred)
Organic Chem 2 (4 cred) - C-
Biochemistry (3 cred) - B+

My question is will the C- in Organic Chem 2 prevent me from applying to NSU? My grades for all the other courses listed were well above the C requirement. I was hoping that the OTHER chemistry courses could replace Ochem 2 in making up the C or higher requirement.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys

The 16 credits will be satisfied. AACOMAS breaks your courses up into the requirements when it sends to the schools. Anything listed as chemistry will be put against that 16 unit requirement so to answer your question, you will meet the requirement for them and whether or not you get in will depend on your other qualifications

I've contacted NSU about replacing Organic 2 with Biochem and they said they will, but they actually prefer both. So having that C- in Org2 would put you at a disadvantage to another applicant with similar stats who had gotten a better grade, but had also taken Biochem with a C or higher.

I haven't even taken Org2, but I decided to apply to NSU anyway. So I think you are still a few steps ahead of me even with the C-.

Thanks for the fast response!

Alright thats good news (minus having a C- in OChem 2, thats not good news lol).

Im excited cuz i didnt think i qualified for this school, yet it was one of my top choices.