We got ours for free for joining SOMA... but I'm a 4th year so it may have change. I recommend waiting on all books. Also, reading first aid before starting M1 year is a terrible idea. You're going to be majorly behind after day 1 no matter what you do, haha. Enjoy your last days of the easy life.
I also disagree on the notes are sufficient business/ They are sufficient to pass the exams or even do well, but you want to learn as much of the basics as possible and some of the notes just plain suck, but don't buy a book until you see you need it. A lot of your classmates will be caught in the rush to get every recommended resource known to mankind, which is pretty silly.
Overall advice: don't make getting A's a priority, make understand the material a priority. Those are 2 different things. You will have old exams that are very similar to new exam if things are still the way they were 2-3 years ago. If you just do the old exams, you won't have a slid grasp of the fundamentals, and medicine is just building and building on top of the fundamentals. Enjoy.
P.s. sorry if it was a rambly post, I have step 2 in 4 days.