NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have it. What do you think of it? Seems like a google facebook to me.

Haha pretty much. I read an article somewhere that said something like "The only people who have it right now are geeks" - but I say no, the only people who have it right now are technology-trendy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me the range of accepted MCAT's and GPA's (lowest to highest) for this school? Thanks and everyone stay blessed!:)

How long does it usually take them to update our webstar profile? I got an email from them a few days ago saying that they received my LOR's, but on my webstar it still is empty.

How long does it usually take them to update our webstar profile? I got an email from them a few days ago saying that they received my LOR's, but on my webstar it still is empty.

A long time apparently. I didn't have any changes after sending in everything. I finally called yesterday & she told me over the phone that I had been completed for a good bit.

Hey all,

Few Qs about this secondary:

I find myself pressing CTRL-C and CTRL-V from my AACOMAS directly to my secondary for the "health-care related activities"..... anyone else? haha

Also, did anyone use paragraph form instead of listing the hours worked, level of responsibility etc?

Hey.. was just wondering if anyone had a match list from last year?

A long time apparently. I didn't have any changes after sending in everything. I finally called yesterday & she told me over the phone that I had been completed for a good bit.

Yes, I just called the admissions a couple days ago. I too am complete. Just waiting now.

Hey guys, couple of quick questions about Nova:

1) Is it recommended to hold back on the secondary until the school reviews the primary and tells me to submit the secondary? Or should I just submit the secondary anyway? It would be great if someone can shed some light on who gets the secondary (based on gpa? mcat? etc...)

2) When answering secondary questions, I also find myself copying and pasting what I have on the primary. Is this going to be a big no no? Should I at least play around with the wording and make it sound different?

Thanks in advance,
I know it's still early in the game, but starting to get a lil anxious.
Good luck to everyone applying!

Hey guys, couple of quick questions about Nova:

1) Is it recommended to hold back on the secondary until the school reviews the primary and tells me to submit the secondary? Or should I just submit the secondary anyway? It would be great if someone can shed some light on who gets the secondary (based on gpa? mcat? etc...)

2) When answering secondary questions, I also find myself copying and pasting what I have on the primary. Is this going to be a big no no? Should I at least play around with the wording and make it sound different?

Thanks in advance,
I know it's still early in the game, but starting to get a lil anxious.
Good luck to everyone applying!

I'm going to copy and paste as much as I can. It's quite overwhelming with all of these secondaries to fill out....

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied to this school with my 23 MCAT thinking "i don't really want to go here, but I will so this will be my 1 schools to start the verification," but i am getting way excited for this school and really hope I get an interview invite!

Anybody else's transcript box on the status page still blank? It's included with the AACOMAS primary, right?

New to this specific forum, hello everyone! I have run across this same problem and have called NUMEROUS times to admissions with no answer :/ I also thought it was supposed to be sent with the AACOMAS primary....

Has anyone gotten an answer from the admissions office on why it's blank? No interviews for anyone yet right?

New to this specific forum, hello everyone! I have run across this same problem and have called NUMEROUS times to admissions with no answer :/ I also thought it was supposed to be sent with the AACOMAS primary....

Has anyone gotten an answer from the admissions office on why it's blank? No interviews for anyone yet right?

Yes, in fact I called them two days ago. You have to send in an official transcript if you are accepted, so it's ok if it's blank right now.

I'm a bit confused.. does NOVA require 3 LORs or 4?

According to their e-mail, it seems like 3:
"In order to complete your admissions file, additional documents are still required:Recommendation Letter 1 from MD or DO
Recommendation Letter 2
Recommendation Letter 3"

But according to their admissions website, it seems like 4:

- A letter from a physician is required with your application. -> 1?
- A letter of recommendation from the pre-professional committee, or if such a committee does not exist then three letters of recommendation are needed (two from a science professors and one from a non-science professor) -> 3?

1+3=4, no?

I'm sorry if this question has popped up before, but anyone care to enlighten me? :s

I sent in 3 with no issues. I think it is supposed to be 1 science, 1 liberal arts, and 1 physician, but I sent in 2 science and had no problems at all.

Just got an interview request! So excited! I was complete around July 19th.

Invite too! Secondary sent in on 7/14. Received an email the next day saying they had "received the essential admissions documents necessary to forward your admissions file to the College of Medicine Admissions Office for review", but as I look at my status on WebStar, they haven't received my LORs. Oh well? One interview locked down, 16 to go!

Well I got the interview invite but I am going to pass on this one because my cycle is going better than expected.

Good luck guys! I hope an sdner gets my spot

still no word on an interview for me...but my file was completed June 27th. when were u guys complete and what were ur stats? thanks in advance

still no word on an interview for me...but my file was completed June 27th. when were u guys complete and what were ur stats? thanks in advance
I was complete on July 19th (my MCAT score didn't come in until then). I have a 3.6 GPA (3.67 sGPA) and my most recent MCAT score is a 32P. Interviewing August 30th.

Last edited:
Interview Invite as well! interviewing 8/23! ahhh I need to go warm weather interview clothes shopping!!! This is so soon...all my other interviews are in September..I wasn't mentally prepared for an august interview!

Last edited:
My letters were received july 26th, 3.17 sci, 3.31 overall, 31 mcat.

Gonna be there Aug 30th!

Interview invite! August 23rd!

interview invite as well! i was complete as of July 19th. Stats: 3.59 cgpa, 3.48 sgpa, MCAT: 25O... congrats to those who got an invite!

Does anyone know the % of people who get interviews who are accepted. I know (according to a book) that 2,800 people apply and 430 are accepted and 235 enroll but that doesn't really tell us how many people get accepted that interviewed...sorry if this is already online somewhere but I did try to search for it!

I had a 3.43, 3.3 sGPA and 27M and submitted it July 14th. Hoping for a bump up in the MCAT score next friday! Wish me luck :xf:

Interview August 30th as well!

I had a 3.43, 3.3 sGPA and 27M and submitted it July 14th. Hoping for a bump up in the MCAT score next friday! Wish me luck :xf:

Question, did you put on your app that you were taking another mcat? Because I have one score in close to yours but just took the MCAT again last week and I was wondering if they're gonna wait for my new score to come in or if they're going to review me anyways. thanks

Congrats to everyone who got interview invites! Are they only interviewing on certain days of the week? Thanks to whoever responds!

I got an invite! I tried calling today to schedule but I was on hold for at least 15 minutes, during my lunch break, so I had to give up and go back to work. Can someone let me know how you chose which date (i.e., was there a choice of 8/23 vs. 8/30) and if any of those dates are completely booked yet? AHHH

when i called they asked for the NSU ID, then to verify all of my information and then they gave me 3 dates to choose from (8/23, 8/25, and 8/30). I chose 8/25. Then they said in 24-48 I would get a confirmation e-mail.

was the email interview invite to your personal email or the webmail they provided?

I am breathing a bit of a sigh of relief, I remember paying/submitting in early July, but then I remembered I waited to submit my LORs until I had my DO letter which wasn't until 7/27, so the letters weren't accepted until 7/29... I suppose 5 days is a bit soon for an interview invite... So, here's to hoping I get one soon!