NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right, that's what I was thinking too. So 508 were asked to interview. 458 were accepted. So wouldnt that mean a 90% acceptance rate? 458/508..

The acceptance rate would be about 17% because 458 were accepted out of 2,651 that applied. But 90% of those interviewed were accepted (at least in 2009) if that's what you mean.

Members don't see this ad.

i am really getting worried. my app was complete like end of June and still no word on an interview invite. do u guys mind sharing ur stats? I have a 3.76 Cgpa, 3.70 science, but sa low mcat of 24O...retaking it, so maybe they are waiting for my new score, but when i called them the representative said they wouldnt wait for my new score. This is leading me to t hink I got rejected pre-interview cuz they told me my ap....till under review when i was complete way back at the end of June. or maybe they have a ton of apps to get through? god knows.

Got the "complete" email on 7/15. Invite email recieved on 8/5. In the email, they had already picked out 8/25 as interview date. 28P, 3.5 cGPA, OOS. I think I had mentioned I was retaking. Still super early so good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, frescoengano posted those stats earlier, but 90% acceptance of people they interview seems really high

Maybe, but I think it's just because they only interview <20% of applicants. Other schools might accept a smaller proportion of who they interview but they also interview a higher proportion of who applies. Plus it's going to vary every year depending on if NSU is people's first choice. If the first 230 people they accept actually go to NSU then they'll only accept 230 (although that never happens)

Sept 29th interview!

Anyone else? Would be nice to have a crew of us to go to dinner/drinks after!

I just made my reservations for this monday night/tuesday at the Holiday Inn Express. It was only 69 bucks and they have a shuttle from the airport as well as to NSU.

Anyone else going to be there?

Anybody interviewing 9/1 and want to get dinner/drinks/hang out after? I'm not flying back until at least the next day (considering staying the weekend since it is labor day and all)

I'm interviewing on 8/30 but I'm staying for the entire week and enjoying the florida sun! So I would be up for going out after your interview!

I just made my reservations for this monday night/tuesday at the Holiday Inn Express. It was only 69 bucks and they have a shuttle from the airport as well as to NSU.

I'm staying at the same place, though my interview is on the 30th.

Members don't see this ad :)

Ill be there on monday night :) we should meet up/figure out what time we want the shuttle in the morning and just take it together.
what time does your flight get in monday?

Ill be there on monday night :) we should meet up/figure out what time we want the shuttle in the morning and just take it together.
what time does your flight get in monday?

I guess we'll be able to answer how many NSU-COM interviewees can fit in the shuttle at one time, because I'll be there too! :laugh:

I will be there! Where are you staying?

ill be there 8/25. I just have a quick drive from Miami, so I am down to have lunch or something

I'm staying with a friend who lives in Wellington, about 45 minutes north of NSU. I'm flying in the afternoon before and going straight there. If you guys want to do something after the interview on Thursday, I'm game. I'm not leaving until Friday morning. Send me a PM if you want.

Anyone know if NSU Undergrads are given "preference" if they apply to NSU-COM? Or does anyone know the percentage at least, of NSU U-grads getting into NSU-COM?

Are people planning on bringing their luggage with them or leaving it at the hotel?

Hey guys, I just wanted to wish all of you the best of luck on your upcoming interviews! Just be yourselves, prepare for the interview with the questions on SDN (90% of the questions I was asked were posted on SDN) and you will do fine. It's really not a stressful interview. Also most of the people who interview, especially early, are accepted. So try not to stress out, and before you know it, you will be in my shoes (Current M1, 3 weeks in and already studying like crazy for exam this Friday!!!)

Does anyone have the interview day schedule? I just scheduled my interview for next week and am hoping I can book my flight ASAP.

Just received my interview invite. Looks like you are all booking the early spots because my first available date was October 20th. Good luck to everyone who interview this week and can't wait to meet the others of you in October!

Last edited:
August 25th Interview is cancelled. Did they cancel the other one this week, or the ones next week?

Last edited:
August 25th Interview is cancelled. Did they cancel the other ones this week?
Wow, really? I'm scheduled to interview on the 30th and really hope the weather doesn't get in the way...I haven't heard anything though.

Hey everyone,

I called to schedule my interview last Thursday and I haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail yet. How long did it take you to get your confirmation??? Thanks!

Wow, really? I'm scheduled to interview on the 30th and really hope the weather doesn't get in the way...I haven't heard anything though.

Maybe I will meet you on the 30th. I now have to find a way to get from Bradenton to Ft. Lauderdale the night before!

The guy at Nova said it will depend on the damage whether or not they cancel that one too. :(

Maybe I will meet you on the 30th. I now have to find a way to get from Bradenton to Ft. Lauderdale the night before!

The guy at Nova said it will depend on the damage whether or not they cancel that one too. :(
Oh no! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. Did you reschedule for the 30th? And what a coincidence, I'm interviewing at LECOM-Bradenton the 29th too! :)

Same here. As far as I know, it's still a go.

With these storms that pop out of nowhere, is anyone gonna bring an umbrella?

how long after submitting secondary did u guys receive interview invites?
i was complete last week...no word from nsu yet :(

I just called to double check that interviews for tomorrow were still on and the woman basically laughed when she said yes. so either all of us are calling freaking out or she thinks I'm a little too neurotic haha

I just called to double check that interviews for tomorrow were still on and the woman basically laughed when she said yes. so either all of us are calling freaking out or she thinks I'm a little too neurotic haha
Haha, I think it's a legitimate concern though given that interviews on the 25th were cancelled. I'm still surprised about that!

So had my 25th interview canceled and rescheduled for Sept 1. I could have rescheduled for August 30; might change to the 30th after hearings yalls responses. How are you guys getting to/doing the back-to-back interviews? I also have a Bradenton interview on the 29th, but I am worried about the weather conditions. I fly into Bradenton on the 28th after one stop in Atlanta, Georgia. I am worried about flight delays there too. Regardless, how do yall plan on getting from Bradenton to Ft Lauderdale?

Also, Im worried about changing flights and paying change fees when something could get canceled tomorrow/next day be it Bradenton or Nova. I guess I'll pay for trip insurance this time around, but what are yall doing?

So had my 25th interview canceled and rescheduled for Sept 1. I could have rescheduled for August 30; might change to the 30th after hearings yalls responses. How are you guys getting to/doing the back-to-back interviews? I also have a Bradenton interview on the 29th, but I am worried about the weather conditions. I fly into Bradenton on the 28th after one stop in Atlanta, Georgia. I am worried about flight delays there too. Regardless, how do yall plan on getting from Bradenton to Ft Lauderdale?

Also, Im worried about changing flights and paying change fees when something could get canceled tomorrow/next day be it Bradenton or Nova. I guess I'll pay for trip insurance this time around, but what are yall doing?
After the Bradenton interview, I'm flying from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale.

Just received my interview invite. Looks like you are all booking the early spots because my first available date was October 20th. Good luck to everyone who interview this week and can't wait to meet the others of you in October!

I just got the email today. I called and the earliest available was Oct 13th. Maybe they are offering interviews on a rolling basis of when you first appliled?

I just got the email today. I called and the earliest available was Oct 13th. Maybe they are offering interviews on a rolling basis of when you first appliled?

Same here. However, I didn't submit my secondary until 08/18, so maybe people are just canceling and there are random early spots?

Same here. However, I didn't submit my secondary until 08/18, so maybe people are just canceling and there are random early spots?

Probably- I submitted my secondary at about the same time. I didn't even receive a secondary invitation. I thought it was really odd because everyone received one right after their primary was released to NSU.

Last edited:
i also submitted secondary 8/18.
no interview. sighhh.
i really wanted interview here :'(
those of u who got invites, mind sharing ur stats?

3.14 cGPA, 2.96 sGPA, 33Q (PS 13, V 10, BS 10)

Sent to NSU: 8/6
Secondary Received: 8/10
Secondary Submitted: 8/10
Interview Invite: 8/12
Interview: 10/4

This one surprised me with how quick it all happened. I'm also below on the GPA averages, but they must like my MCAT score. Looking forward to going to Florida!

I also submitted 8/18. I just checked the portal for my "requirements"... I sent my DO LOR and committee letter and they received it, but it also shows that they received another letter called "committee"?? The one for my committee letter has my teacher's name on it. Weird, is this cause for concern??

Also... there is a slot for transcript, but shouldn't they have gotten it from AACOMAS? It's not marked as received. I just sent them my transcript again via interfolio... You think I should call 'em?

I also submitted 8/18. I just checked the portal for my "requirements"... I sent my DO LOR and committee letter and they received it, but it also shows that they received another letter called "committee"?? The one for my committee letter has my teacher's name on it. Weird, is this cause for concern??

Also... there is a slot for transcript, but shouldn't they have gotten it from AACOMAS? It's not marked as received. I just sent them my transcript again via interfolio... You think I should call 'em?

I think transcripts are only required once we're granted admission.

My slot beside "transcript" is blank and I was offered an interview. I am assuming they received my transcript as part of the "AACOMAS service application".

dang ok. I just cancelled my interfolio shipment and got credited for my next delivery, lol :)

I figured I had okay stats for this school... 3.70 sGPA, 3.45 cGPA, 27N MCAT (10BS, 7V, 10PS). Hmm... hope to hear from them soon.

Just received the interview invite today. The process went very quickly for me. I added my NSU application late (8/8) to AACOMAS. Received secondary 8/17 and submitted it the same day. Was complete 8/19, and received the invite 8/22. Haven't called to set up the interview date yet. Good luck everyone! NSU looks very nice! :)

I switched my interview day from 8/25 to 8/23. I am excited to meet some of you tomorrow and good luck to all of you!!

Finally in Ft. Lauderdale and excited about the interview!!! PS though, the woman at the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express told me that the shuttle only runs on the half hour (like 7:30, 8:30 etc, not 8am) soo I guess Im going to be really really early tomorrow!!! I'll probably just wander around looking out of place in my suit haha

Finally in Ft. Lauderdale and excited about the interview!!! PS though, the woman at the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express told me that the shuttle only runs on the half hour (like 7:30, 8:30 etc, not 8am) soo I guess Im going to be really really early tomorrow!!! I'll probably just wander around looking out of place in my suit haha

The shuttle should only take about 5 mins. Why won't 8:30 am work?