NSU Masters of Biomedical Sciences 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepFighting95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Haven't seen a thread yet for this year and think it would be nice for anyone that had questions! :) I completed my application today, 1/29/18, and sent in all necessary documents today as well. I'll update once they have received them.

Edit:
I got the call that everything was completed 1/31/18 (sorry, had forgotten to update the post)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I originally posted this in the wrong thread lol but I have applied as well! Best of luck to everyone :) I have done my research on this program/ heard some advice from current mbs students so hopefully I can be of some help too!

Reactions: 1 user
I originally posted this in the wrong thread lol but I have applied as well! Best of luck to everyone :) I have done my research on this program/ heard some advice from current mbs students so hopefully I can be of some help too!

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you all this is ok to sumbit my application with personal statement and send them spread please

Super late applicant here :s just found out about this awesome program! Does anyone know if we can submit our dental school recommendation letters for the letter requirement? Or do they have to be specifically for the masters program?

Super late applicant here :s just found out about this awesome program! Does anyone know if we can submit our dental school recommendation letters for the letter requirement? Or do they have to be specifically for the masters program?
I think your dental school letters of Rec are fine because if you applied for them through AACOM (for med school) they use that info. So I think it should be same for dental, considering the letters were originally for reccomendation to med school, if that makes sense.

I think your dental school letters of Rec are fine because if you applied for them through AACOM (for med school) they use that info. So I think it should be same for dental, considering the letters were originally for reccomendation to med school, if that makes sense.

Thank you! I didn't apply to the Nova dental school so I wasn't sure... I emailed them to ask if they'd accept my dental school recommendations but haven't heard back.

Thank you! I didn't apply to the Nova dental school so I wasn't sure... I emailed them to ask if they'd accept my dental school recommendations but haven't heard back.

Honestly you should call them! You can get a quicker answer.... especially now since they're probably being booked up with apps. I asked for separate letters of recc from my professors (just asked to tweak it to apply to this program) but then again I didn't apply to their med school this time around so I'm not sure??

My application was marked complete last week, I applied 03/02! I’m so nervous to see what happens in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed for an interview!

Honestly you should call them! You can get a quicker answer.... especially now since they're probably being booked up with apps. I asked for separate letters of recc from my professors (just asked to tweak it to apply to this program) but then again I didn't apply to their med school this time around so I'm not sure??

Thanks, they accepted my letters but i'm thinking it would have been better to have letters directed towards the program... but we will see! All complete now! Good luck everyone!

Heyyyy guys current MBS student for MED route. We have been swamped with exams lately and hopefully we can get some more MBS students on this thread to give feeback. Ill spread the word to the group and even try to get a dental MBS student on here too.

I heard that interview invites should be on the same schedule as last year. With that said, you should start hearing something by the end of March to the start of April. Last year invites didnt go out all at once. So if you dont hear anything when people start posting. Then dont freak out. They go out in batches through the month of April.

Feel free to message me with questions and ill try to respond as quickly as possible. But like I said we have exams weekly. So its just been a bunch of non-stop cramming. So I apologize in advance if it takes me awhile to respond or see any new posts.

Hello all! Just received an e-mail to schedule an interview today and I got one for 4/25. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Got an interview invite today! Remember it goes out in batches. Let me know if you guys got yours!!!! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all! Just received an e-mail to schedule an interview today and I got one for 4/25. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?
Hi guys, current MBS here. Congrats on receiving your interviews!!!! As far as interview advice... I think the most important thing is to be yourself and to really show them you that you want to be a part of this program. The interview itself is pretty relaxed from start to finish. You will be interviewed by 3-5 faculty members who will make you feel comfortable. They just really want to get to know you better so be prepared to talk about yourself, to tell them who you are, and why you think this program is for you. There will be current MBS students who will give you a tour and be available to answer any questions you may have about the program. I will be at most of your interviews so I will see you there! Feel free to message me if you have any other questions or not sure about something!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users