Nuclear Board results 2018?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kemo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you hear any update re results? Took exam on 12/2017

Members don't see this ad.

Did you hear any update re results? Took exam on 12/2017

I contacted them last week and they stated they would be sent out on 2/23/18.

Last edited:
Results were sent out 2/23/18. I also took the exam 12/2017. I received mine in the mail today, received a passing score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, I heard the exam was very difficult.

Can you share how did you study for it? Sources?

Percentage of correct questions to pass? Now they start using scale 555 out 700 required to pass :nailbiting:

Last edited:
I used both of Heller's books, (practical and technical applications.)

I used Jaber's review question book.

I also used the Atlas of Nuclear Cardiology: an Imaging Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease.

The ASNC guidelines on protocols etc.

I also made my own flashcards (about 800 of them) using excel and the flashcard deluxe app to study.

I did the NEO (nuclear education online) radiation safety course.

Finally the ASNC board review course was immensely valuable. Without that I wouldn't have known my weaknesses and what to focus on in the last few weeks of prep.

It is true the minimum passing scaled score was 550 out of 700. I don't know percent correct needed to pass and they don't give you that information on the score report they send you.

Also passed
Recommend
1. Jaber Q book
2. ASNC self assessment modules. Quite expensive. 75 dollars per block which had about 30 questions
3. Did do some questions from Boardvitals. Not of high quality but they also hit home some simple concepts
4. ASNC guidelines
5. Watched ASNC board review videos.

Passed comfortably. Exam was not as expensive as echo boards IMO

Took nuclear boards this year. Sorry for the old thread bump but does anyone know typically when results come out and whether by mail or email?

Took nuclear boards this year. Sorry for the old thread bump but does anyone know typically when results come out and whether by mail or email?

late february
by mail
which i never received so i contacted them after a week, and they sent via email and i received on first week of march

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all

I took the nuc boards in 2018 and passed. Score was above average but not stellar.

- the Qbook by Jaber was good. Overall covered a lot of high yield topics
- ASNC videos were very good. These are an absolute must for the boards as they cover VERY high yield topics. Most of the lectures are well designed and easy to listen to
- ASNC guidelines on PET, SPECT, MUGA were good
- I found the test to be long and exhausting - 160? Questions with no break. But you are given plenty of time IMO. Lots of image interpretation, radiation safety, protocols, physics etc but no real horrendous curveballs.

I thought it was more straightforward and easier than echo boards though not a joke and still requires dedicated study time. The study materials I think are more representative of the exam compared to the same with echo boards

Now on to general cardio boards. Glad that’s done....