Nuclear Boards Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCI2LAD

Reaction score
Does anyone who is taking/has taken the CNBC nuclear boards have any input on which 80hr course they used? Ive seen a lot of people use corscan in the past but that was years ago and wanted to see if anyone had any other info?

Also, what are the best study materials for this test?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

update:: DO NOT USE CORSCAN!! The number of hoops and BS you have to jump through is out of control.

update:: DO NOT USE CORSCAN!! The number of hoops and BS you have to jump through is out of control.
I agree
The guy who is controlling the corscan is rude and trying to make every step hard and complicated.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the other options other than Corscan?

What are the other options other than Corscan?
Just google (80 hours nuclear course) and you will find many options .. you can email the course director before you pay just to confirm that the course is acceptable for the board.
Just stay away from Corscan Unless if you have plenty of time to re-do the assignment 10 times, repeat each step 4456 times and upload the CRF multiple times ..etc

I agree with all of you. Do NOT use Corscan.

In regards to board study, I am trying to get access to ASNC board review. Otherwise not sure what else to do.

What is the advice/reccommendation for studying for exam?

Jaber MCQS is enough?
How about board vitals mcqs?
Is CORSCAN board review material good?
Any MCQS material reccommended to do for practice?

I think a lot of us in Michigan use medicalphysicstraining.com

I think she can arrange for hands on near you? I'm not sure but the instructor was excellent, worked with us to get the material done, did not expect (honestly never even brought it up) payment until we completed everything and gave us a discount as we came in as a group of a few hospitals. The actual course was incredibly detailed (possibly too much?) but you will likely learn everything you need. A lot of my attendings used this, apparently has been around for many years.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone with old exam questions that you can share here? I have 2011-2014 questions but nothing recent. Thank you

Just google (80 hours nuclear course) and you will find many options .. you can email the course director before you pay just to confirm that the course is acceptable for the board.
Just stay away from Corscan Unless if you have plenty of time to re-do the assignment 10 times, repeat each step 4456 times and upload the CRF multiple times ..etc
What is CRF?
How much time do you think is necessary for the course before needing to apply for the exam?

Anyone with old exam questions that you can share here? I have 2011-2014 questions but nothing recent. Thank you
Hi . I am taking my exam next week. Did you happen to find any old questions from recent years? If so can you please share? Thank you in advance

Our attending took the boards as well and contacted CBNC a few weeks ago who told him mid Feb.

Reactions: 1 user
Passed also. Resources used:
  1. ASNC Board Review videos
  2. Question book by Jaber and Cerqueira, “Nuclear Cardiology Review: A Self-Assessment Tool
Much easier than echo board, don't underestimate it.

Question: Does anyone here have a simple breakdown of the minimum requirements for sitting the nuclear boards? I would appreciate it.

Question: Does anyone here have a simple breakdown of the minimum requirements for sitting the nuclear boards? I would appreciate it.

I used Corscan along with Nuclear Cardiology Self Assessment book and did fine. Agreed, Corscan does suck, but my program forced all fellows to use that program so I had no choice and I got it for "free".

I think the requirements is 16weeks of nuclear cardiology and 200 or 300 independent nuclear reads at the time of registration. Had to have program director sign stating you had completed these things. Along with certification from a training course stating you had completed the requirements. Corscan had a document to print once finished.