Number 1 School Choice

Started by DPTscar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTscar

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still waiting to hear back from their number 1 DPT program?

How are you all coping? I'm trying to focus on studying for finals without obsessively checking my email every half hour
 
Yeah I'm waiting on Puget Sound which is my number 1 on paper, but they dont let us know until after winter break :annoyed:... Luckily I've been accepted into UNE which I actually liked a lot, so there's a lot of pressure off my shoulders. However, the perfectionist in me is still stressing over these finals that I have, as well as gettin' into my top schools... Watching basketball, playing with my dog, and going to the gym have helped ease the stress tho 😀
😀😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
P.S. I'm starting to think it was a pretty bone-headed move to apply to so many OOS public schools.

Tuition at private schools isn't going to be much better (or could be worse)...if you are from the intermountain west (where each state only has 1 public PT school) you are kinda SOL on in-state tuition if you don't get in to that one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
right. I was talking more about chances of acceptance rather than cost. It seems to me a lot of public schools toss the OOS applications the moment they receive them. maybe not.
 
right. I was talking more about chances of acceptance rather than cost. It seems to me a lot of public schools toss the OOS applications the moment they receive them. maybe not.

That's definitely true. There are some public schools (like University of New Mexico) that flat out say that they are probably only going to accept 1 or 2 out of state students a year. But hundreds apply anyway. But NAU and UNLV actually accept a substantial portion of their class from OOS, particularly UNLV (bummer for you...but take heart NAU isn't a lot different in terms of OOS acceptances).
 
right. I was talking more about chances of acceptance rather than cost. It seems to me a lot of public schools toss the OOS applications the moment they receive them. maybe not.

Crazy enough, I have had much better luck with OOS schools my last two applications cycles. Haha.

In-state has always been my number one. Crossing my fingers for third time's a charm!
 
Crazy enough, I have had much better luck with OOS schools my last two applications cycles. Haha.

In-state has always been my number one. Crossing my fingers for third time's a charm!

So you've been accepted to PT school and then not matriculated to any of the schools you were accepted to, effectively holding out until next year for a better offer?
 
So you've been accepted to PT school and then not matriculated to any of the schools you were accepted to, effectively holding out until next year for a better offer?

i have yet to be offered any acceptance ever. in total my past two cycles have included 3 interviews OOS and 1 IS; and have been waitlisted at 4 OOS schools. never gotten called to matriculate.
 
Last edited:
i have yet to be offered any acceptance ever. in total my past two cycles have included 3 interviews OOS and 1 IS; and have been waitlisted at 4 OOS schools. never gotten called to matriculate.

Ah gotcha. I've been curious if it's possibly to re-apply to PT school if you've been accepted but decided to decline to hold out for a better offer next year. Because I know doing this for medical school would be an end to your career, but I don't know if you could get away with this for PT school. Just curiosity really.