number of applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anxietypeaker

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i was wondering how many programs do typical successful applicants apply to (NOT rank but total that they apply to)? Do people typically apply to all 100 and then go to only a 20 or so interviews and ranks those?
 
I think that it completely depends on your application and how strong it is. Those who have weak applications may need to apply to more programs. In the end most people interview at 10-2o programs with the average around 15-20. When I applied (years ago) I think I sent out about 50 application, received 47 interview offers, and ended up going to around 15.