number of characters for essay

Started by mrsmac
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrsmac

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay guys,

I promise I am not being anal. But, can anyone remember how many characters we are allowed in our personal statement for both the M.D. and D.O. application? I'm working on my PS now and I realized that I couldn't remember. I remember reading on other posts that the D.O. is shorter that the M.D. PS. For some reason 5000 for AMCAS seems stuck in my head. If anyone can remember, please let me know. I'd like to have it done early just to get on the ball. Oh, by the way, for anyone who's interested, I chucked my last PS. I figured I go with a fresh start.

Thanks,
mrsmac
 
I know the DO statement was shorter than the MD. I think you right...MD was 5000. I believe DO was 500 words...but I'm not sure. Good luck :luck:
 
Question #13: Personal Comments / Personal Statement
(see AACOMAS Application instructions before completing
Answer #13:
(3000 character limit = approx. 500 words)


FYI: I copied this off of the aacom website and from my application. Good luck with you personal statement. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's right...AACOMAS was 3000 Characters with spaces or 500 words...

I had a really hard time last cycle and editted and edited...