Reapplicant Essay for a Secondary Question

Started by hnaddmf00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hnaddmf00

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m working on my reapplicant essay for a secondary that asks "What has changed about you as a candidate since your last application to medical school? What activities have you been engaged in since your last application?" The challenge is that, objectively, not much has changed in terms of my activities, I still work full-time at the same job. The only difference between this year and last is that I retook the MCAT...

How do I go about answering this, are they going to think poorly of me for not having done anything else?

For some context: im a nontrad (if that matters), 2500+ clinical hours, 4000+ clinical research coordinator hours, 350+ volunteer hours (clinical and non-clinical). I mean to say this in the humblest way possible, I honestly didn't see the point in adding to anything. The only thing holding me back was my MCAT score.
 
I’m working on my reapplicant essay for a secondary that asks "What has changed about you as a candidate since your last application to medical school? What activities have you been engaged in since your last application?" The challenge is that, objectively, not much has changed in terms of my activities, I still work full-time at the same job. The only difference between this year and last is that I retook the MCAT...

How do I go about answering this, are they going to think poorly of me for not having done anything else?

For some context: im a nontrad (if that matters), 2500+ clinical hours, 4000+ clinical research coordinator hours, 350+ volunteer hours (clinical and non-clinical). I mean to say this in the humblest way possible, I honestly didn't see the point in adding to anything. The only thing holding me back was my MCAT score.
Say that you improved your MCAT score and mention some new things you are learning at your job