Number of full-lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

iheartnj

Just wondering how many total full-length tests you guys will take before the August MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

iheartnj said:
Just wondering how many total full-length tests you guys will take before the August MCAT?

I've got 20 on hand. My goal is to get through 18, the 2nd of which I will take tomorrow. The extra two are buffer (Kaplan 10R and 11R). I like the idea of practice, practice, practices especially when so much endurance is involved. I also will only be taking this test once, so why save any?

I have taken 1 full length so far and I am planning to take 1 more next weekend. I plan to finish up EK lectures by july end so that 3 weeks in august will just be take a practice exam, review, exam and so on. I have about 25 exams from various prep companies + AAMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys (and girls), calm down! 25 full length practice tests is way too much. I took like 4 and even that was a bit excessive. I think you need to get the pace down and everything because the test will last almost 10 hours with breaks and evrything, but these are still examples of the question types you might encounter on the MCAT. The truth is that the real MCAT looks very little like the Kaplan/PR tests (except for the verbal section). The real deal is very passage based and can't be studied for. I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but after a thorough review of the materials and SOME practice tests, I called it quits and played some Crash Bandicoot and did much better than I thought I would. Also, if you have to take extra full length practice tests, do the AAMC ones, they're the only ones that are fairly accurate to the real deal. Good luck.

jamen316 said:
Guys (and girls), calm down! 25 full length practice tests is way too much. I took like 4 and even that was a bit excessive. I think you need to get the pace down and everything because the test will last almost 10 hours with breaks and evrything, but these are still examples of the question types you might encounter on the MCAT. The truth is that the real MCAT looks very little like the Kaplan/PR tests (except for the verbal section). The real deal is very passage based and can't be studied for. I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but after a thorough review of the materials and SOME practice tests, I called it quits and played some Crash Bandicoot and did much better than I thought I would. Also, if you have to take extra full length practice tests, do the AAMC ones, they're the only ones that are fairly accurate to the real deal. Good luck.

Thank God, these guys were freaking me out.

As for me, I plan on taking all the AAMC tests (7), nothing more.

I hope to do at least 12 by test day. Five Kaplan tests in class and all of the AAMC tests. I want to walk in to the test feeling like an MCAT veteran.