Number of People in Household

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MooseAndMe99

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the AMCAS, it asks us for how many people lived in our primary household when growing up. My grandparents have always lived with us when growing up, so should I include them in the count? It's basically my parents, sister, and grandparents who I live with. I can't find any information about this in the applicant guide.

Members don't see this ad.

For the AMCAS, it asks us for how many people lived in our primary household when growing up. My grandparents have always lived with us when growing up, so should I include them in the count? It's basically my parents, sister, and grandparents who I live with. I can't find any information about this in the applicant guide.

How many people lived in your primary household? Six people lived in my primary household: my parents, my grandparents, my sister and me.

If you had four grandparents in the household you can figure out how to modify the statement.

Reactions: 1 users
How many people lived in your primary household? Six people lived in my primary household: my parents, my grandparents, my sister and me.

If you had four grandparents in the household you can figure out how to modify the statement.
Thank you so much for verifying! I was wondering because I know when filing taxes, household size often doesn’t include grandparents so I wanted to see if it was the same for AMCAS or not.