number of publications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stapler187

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
there have been a few threads dedicated to discussion on publications, but i'm a bit confused as to whether most applicants even have publications? at the level of a med school applicant, is there really a difference between one paper and two papers? does anyone have more than two papers?

ps - what's the highest publication number you've heard of for a med applicant (assuming coming straight from undergrad)?

Members don't see this ad.

the highest i've heard of is 3... but that guy's really smart...

now... dont worry about the number of publications... doing research is important... validating the importance of your research in a publication shows that you know what you're doing and that you have been successful...

more than one publication is just gravy!!... if you get a publication... you're already a step above most!

that's good to know. i'm just curious bc i've never really heard of any undergrad having more than 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
if any of you are student adcom members - are publications considered much like any other EC?