Number Questions Missed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedsmedstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I took the test this past week, and I came home and remembered over 200 questions. Of those, I am pretty sure I missed around 20. I have no clue what to think about it. To me that sounds like a lot because on the practice NBMEs I was missing around 11-13 and scoring around 260. Hopefully I just have recall bias and remembered the majority of the ones I missed. I know each test is scored differently, i.e. there is a curve, but does anyone have any predictions as to what missing around 20-25 would be?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Aren't there something like 48 experimental questions thrown in there?
2. Seriously, the best thing you can do is NOT think about it at this point. Nothing you can do will change it, so needlessly fiddling with numbers is only going to make it worse!

Congrats on being done, though.

What do you want us to say? "OMG you're awesome for missing 20 questions of 322"?

Members don't see this ad :)
12/200 = x

((200/322)*(20/200) + (whatever else you think you got wrong/122)*(122/322)) = y

x/260 = (predicted score)/y

solve for predicted score

i am, oh so bored.

gluck pedsmedstudent, i'm sure you killed it given that experimental section like mentioned above.