Nurses will be called Doctors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WMUPAS said:
Since when did MDs/DOs corner the market on "Doctor?" I thought JDs, PhDs, PharmDs, EdDs, SciDs,etc held doctoral degrees....I once had an MD tell me that he was a doctor and the PhDs held advanced degrees in "thinkology."

Maybe MDs/DOs need to ease up a little or find a new name. Sadly enough, referring to physicians as "Doctor" is appropriate but this act seems to forget the rest of the folks that studied for many years to receive doctoral degrees in their areas of interest.

It's probably to late and to difficult to reeducate society...............

Frankly, the only title I get hooked up on is "Dad."
Cry Cry Cry if you want to be called a doctor in the medical setting go to FREAKING MED SCHOOL like the rest of us!

Members don't see this ad.

WMUPAS said:
Since when did MDs/DOs corner the market on "Doctor?" I thought JDs, PhDs, PharmDs, EdDs, SciDs,etc held doctoral degrees....I once had an MD tell me that he was a doctor and the PhDs held advanced degrees in "thinkology."

I had someone tell me once (can't remember who) that only a Ph.D. was a real doctor because physicians only had a B.S. and a lot of OJT.

Frankly, the only title I get hooked up on is "Dad."

My bearer at work calls me "Boss"
My driver and bearer/cook at home call me "Master"
My guards call me "Sir" and give me a British salute
Many people here at work call me "Mister"

I just so confused
:confused:

raptor5 said:
To the original question. Not in my office!

To digress a bit...what kind of manipulations do you do for respiratory problems? I found a good osteopathic book today at Pilgrims Book Store in Kathmandu and can't wait to go through it. :D