**Nursing Classes and Pre-Pharm Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbh2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I had started my undergraduate as a nursing major. During this time I had completed a year of 200 level A & P for Nursing and a 200 level Nursing Microbiology.

After a year and a half as a nursing major, decided this was not for me and switched to a Biology major so I could eventually go to Pharmacy school... some schools specify the A & P and micro prerequisites must be for science majors (is nursing considered a science major?). I discussed with my adviser and decided to go with retaking the classes but at the upper level. So now I am enrolled in a 300 level A & P for pre-professional majors. I am taking a 300-level Microbiology also that is specifically for Biology majors.

So my question is, will admissions question such a redundancy in my transcripts? The nursing classes have BIO as the department, but clearly state Nursing in the title, and they are a lower level than the A & P and micro I am currently enrolled in/planning to take.

Sometimes I feel like I made a poor decision doing this. Although I am doing very well in these classes, I honestly feel like I'm learning nothing new because I already had these classes... I am nervous admissions will see my 3.8 GPA and blame it on my redundant courses... I was just wondering what you guys would think admissions might think about this...

Any opinions on that matter would be greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: