Nursing home audit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lockian

Magical Thinking Encouraged
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My office got a weird call from a department of health employee who says that are doing an annual nursing home audit at a facility where a patient of mine resides.

They said they had some questions about the “psychiatric services I provide to the patient.” They asked to talk to my nursing staff, not me. No release of information provided. This was earlier this week and they did not call us back even.

I’m not on staff at the nursing home or anything. I essentially see the patient as if they were another outpatient.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this? What could they want? I’m trying not to worry until more is known, but understandably any state agency contacting you can be unnerving.

Members don't see this ad.

My office got a weird call from a department of health employee who says that are doing an annual nursing home audit at a facility where a patient of mine resides.

They said they had some questions about the “psychiatric services I provide to the patient.” They asked to talk to my nursing staff, not me. No release of information provided. This was earlier this week and they did not call us back even.

I’m not on staff at the nursing home or anything. I essentially see the patient as if they were another outpatient.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this? What could they want? I’m trying not to worry until more is known, but understandably any state agency contacting you can be unnerving.

There was a health department (Australia) audit done on the nursing home my Mum was in. All it was was checking that standards were being met, and medication was being correctly prescribed and used. They asked if it was okay to contact me if they had any questions, as my Mum's legal guardian at the time, and indicated they might talk to her GP and Geriatrician regarding her medications just to double check appropriateness of dosage levels, etc. I don't remember it being that big a deal, the nursing home passed with flying colours, and I didn't hear anything after.

Reactions: 1 user

That's weird.

Members don't see this ad :)

Maybe there is concern about duplicate services if the nursing home also has a psychiatrist who sees the patients?

Could it be a fake call? Where I’m at we always countercall if someone claims to be police etc.

Reactions: 2 users