Does anyone round Nursing Homes/ALFs/SNFS/ etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChudsMgee

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I have been in solo private practice for about a year now while my patient load has filled up. I am about to disperse about 40% of my patients to my first employee to take over so It's going to give me some more time to do other things. I was thinking of getting out of the office a few days and seeing if I can get some contracts with nursing homes.

Is it the same codes? 99205/90792, 99214+90833 or does nursing home rounding carry an additional code? I am not in network with Medicare either so I assume I would probably have to get credentialed. Can it be just as lucrative as a regular day in the office?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There are specific nursing home codes (99306-99306 for initial visits and 99307-99310 for follow ups). Depending on the reasons the pt is in nursing home, assume no therapy add on codes (certainly not for the demented pts). You can look up the medicare fee schedule for your area online.

Most likely you are automatically a medicare provider unless you've opted out. You do need to update your PECOS for your practice in order to bill medicare.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been in solo private practice for about a year now while my patient load has filled up. I am about to disperse about 40% of my patients to my first employee to take over so It's going to give me some more time to do other things. I was thinking of getting out of the office a few days and seeing if I can get some contracts with nursing homes.

Is it the same codes? 99205/90792, 99214+90833 or does nursing home rounding carry an additional code? I am not in network with Medicare either so I assume I would probably have to get credentialed. Can it be just as lucrative as a regular day in the office?

Thanks
Are you planning on hiring more employees? Why do nursing homes instead of adding more days to your clinic?

Reactions: 1 user
Are you planning on hiring more employees? Why do nursing homes instead of adding more days to your clinic?

I think I could get a huge influx of new patients by taking on nursing homes 1-2 days a week. My area is getting pretty saturated, and I think once employees take on some clients it will be more difficult to fill. I get a little stir crazy being in the same office every single day too.