songaila

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
For the current students, have you guys worked in the nursing home? Is it mainly primary care? Do pod work as contractors for the nursing homes? The reason I ask because someone said most pods go to ortho, multi-specialty and private practices.

Thank you very much

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I believe it is contracted and my understanding from shadowing was that reimbursement really sucks. Medicare doesn't pay well and is very specific...reimbursement for 1-3 callusses is x amount and for 4-6 y amount. Not that $ should be the reason why one chooses to service a nursing home, but I'm sure with loan repayment as it is, it will be a consideration.

D

Dr_Feelgood

For the current students, have you guys worked in the nursing home? Is it mainly primary care? Do pod work as contractors for the nursing homes? The reason I ask because someone said most pods go to ortho, multi-specialty and private practices.

Thank you very much

One of our clinicians visits a nursing home in town. I believe that he is under a contract but he does not work exclusively for the nursing home.

About the Ads

songaila

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
I know Drfeelgood is going to kill me for this but.........I just check DMU and accidentally found that Drfeelgood is on the "student profile" section today and I recommend everybody take a look:laugh::laugh::laugh:. :thumbup:

The thread has become useless..

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.