nursing home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songaila

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the current students, have you guys worked in the nursing home? Is it mainly primary care? Do pod work as contractors for the nursing homes? The reason I ask because someone said most pods go to ortho, multi-specialty and private practices.

Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it is contracted and my understanding from shadowing was that reimbursement really sucks. Medicare doesn't pay well and is very specific...reimbursement for 1-3 callusses is x amount and for 4-6 y amount. Not that $ should be the reason why one chooses to service a nursing home, but I'm sure with loan repayment as it is, it will be a consideration.

For the current students, have you guys worked in the nursing home? Is it mainly primary care? Do pod work as contractors for the nursing homes? The reason I ask because someone said most pods go to ortho, multi-specialty and private practices.

Thank you very much

One of our clinicians visits a nursing home in town. I believe that he is under a contract but he does not work exclusively for the nursing home.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Drfeelgood is going to kill me for this but.........I just check DMU and accidentally found that Drfeelgood is on the "student profile" section today and I recommend everybody take a look:laugh::laugh::laugh:. :thumbup:

The thread has become useless..

can you post a link?

http://www.dmu.edu/cpms/

It's quite interesting. They have a lot of infos on podiatry students, DO students and DPT students. Just click on the student profiles section.:smuggrin:

:laugh:

Thank you very much!