1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

nursing home

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by songaila, Feb 22, 2007.

1. songaila

2+ Year Member

For the current students, have you guys worked in the nursing home? Is it mainly primary care? Do pod work as contractors for the nursing homes? The reason I ask because someone said most pods go to ortho, multi-specialty and private practices.

Thank you very much

2. KHep

KHep Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    I believe it is contracted and my understanding from shadowing was that reimbursement really sucks. Medicare doesn't pay well and is very specific...reimbursement for 1-3 callusses is x amount and for 4-6 y amount. Not that $ should be the reason why one chooses to service a nursing home, but I'm sure with loan repayment as it is, it will be a consideration.

3. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest
    10+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    One of our clinicians visits a nursing home in town. I believe that he is under a contract but he does not work exclusively for the nursing home.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    songaila

2+ Year Member

I know Drfeelgood is going to kill me for this but.........I just check DMU and accidentally found that Drfeelgood is on the "student profile" section today and I recommend everybody take a look:laugh::laugh::laugh:. :thumbup:

The thread has become useless..

5. OSUDDS

OSUDDS Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    can you post a link?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    OP
    songaila

2+ Year Member

http://www.dmu.edu/cpms/

It's quite interesting. They have a lot of infos on podiatry students, DO students and DPT students. Just click on the student profiles section.:smuggrin:

7. OSUDDS

OSUDDS Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    :laugh:

Thank you very much!

8. OP
    OP
    songaila

2+ Year Member

you are very welcome:smuggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest
    10+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Man I look good.