Nuvia for OMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteotomy01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any OMS here work or have worked for Nuvia? It seems like an answer to associate surgeons getting taken advantage of with bottom of the barrel stuff all the time (i.e. ASA 3/4 for single tooth local extractions). It also seems to solve the issues of ClearChoice that push you to sedate ASA 3/4 for long cases since they have a CRNA.

Members don't see this ad.

Off topic but who is sedating an ASA IV in a dental office?

Reactions: 3 users
Nuvia doesn't push you to sedate ASA 3 patients? How is the model different from ClearChoice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nuvia doesn't push you to sedate ASA 3 patients? How is the model different from ClearChoice?
My understanding is that Nuvia provides separate anesthesia (CRNA) whereas ClearChoice does not.

My understanding is that Nuvia provides separate anesthesia (CRNA) whereas ClearChoice does not.
Isn't that CRNA still practicing under your license? Or are they independent providers? I wouldn't trust someone practicing under my license. I'd rather do the anesthesia myself...
I don't understand...

Honestly, I'm not sure how every Nuvia does it. I know of n=1 for Nuvia where a DA is doing the anesthesia (so their license) but I assume that is likely location/site dependent. I would assume CRNA is more likely available. But this is all assumption, was hoping for others to chime in. But I guess all the Nuvia/ClearChoice OMSs are too busy. :)