Nuvia for OMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

osteotomy01

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any OMS here work or have worked for Nuvia? It seems like an answer to associate surgeons getting taken advantage of with bottom of the barrel stuff all the time (i.e. ASA 3/4 for single tooth local extractions). It also seems to solve the issues of ClearChoice that push you to sedate ASA 3/4 for long cases since they have a CRNA.
 
Nuvia doesn't push you to sedate ASA 3 patients? How is the model different from ClearChoice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My understanding is that Nuvia provides separate anesthesia (CRNA) whereas ClearChoice does not.
Isn't that CRNA still practicing under your license? Or are they independent providers? I wouldn't trust someone practicing under my license. I'd rather do the anesthesia myself...
I don't understand...
 
Honestly, I'm not sure how every Nuvia does it. I know of n=1 for Nuvia where a DA is doing the anesthesia (so their license) but I assume that is likely location/site dependent. I would assume CRNA is more likely available. But this is all assumption, was hoping for others to chime in. But I guess all the Nuvia/ClearChoice OMSs are too busy. 🙂
 
Riskier than surgeon being the anesthesiologist simultaneously?

You control your own anesthesia versus someone practicing on their own with your license. Lots of interpersonal relationship dynamics at play too. If I have a CRNA then I would rather leave the care AND risk to them
 
  • Like
Reactions: 702
You control your own anesthesia versus someone practicing on their own with your license. Lots of interpersonal relationship dynamics at play too. If I have a CRNA then I would rather leave the care AND risk to them
That's a valid point. Are you an omfs?
 
You control your own anesthesia versus someone practicing on their own with your license. Lots of interpersonal relationship dynamics at play too. If I have a CRNA then I would rather leave the care AND risk to them
You could also just use a DA or MD, less liability for you and you don’t have to worry about them practicing under your license and “supervision”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad