NY DPT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the acceptance! I just got an email for an interview in a couple weeks so I guess the second wave is coming
Same here! Just got an invitation for the info session and interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats?

Yeah no problem!

School: Dartmouth College
Major: Human Biology
GPA: 3.40
Prereq GPA: 3.3 - 3.5, but 3.3 for NYU
GRE: 152 V 155 Q 4.5 AW
370 observation hours from 5 different locations
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Kinesiologist, 2 professors
Extra Curriculars: Division 1 hockey player, physics and astronomy tutor, local fraternity, prehealth society
Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Staten Island, NYMC, Touro, Hunter, NYIT, Kean, LIU, SUNY Downstate
Interview offered: NYU, Columbia, Rutgers, Staten Island, NYMC, NYIT, Kean, LIU, SUNY Downstate
Acceptances: SUNY Downstate, NYMC

Goodluck!

I was also invited to the info session and interview at Columbia!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from SUNY Upstate? I interviewed early October, and haven't heard anything since

Hello! Congrats to everyone who's heard back! I just heard back from Columbia today about an interview (11/30) and I wanted to know if anyone who has gone through the process already has any advice? Maybe who did you interview with? I've heard it's pretty chill which is a little relieving!

Got an invite from SUNY Downstate on Sunday evening, chose a slot for tomorrow. Format is 1.5 - 2 hours; half writing, half Zoom.

Got an invite from SUNY Downstate on Sunday evening, chose a slot for tomorrow. Format is 1.5 - 2 hours; half writing, half Zoom.

The written part was stressful for me because it was 1 long question then like 5 shorter ones in an hour so I was stressed to get it all done, but the actual interview part was very chill and they just used the written questions to guide the interview mostly. Goodluck!

The written part was stressful for me because it was 1 long question then like 5 shorter ones in an hour so I was stressed to get it all done, but the actual interview part was very chill and they just used the written questions to guide the interview mostly. Goodluck!

That's great intel, thank you!

I had the info session with Columbia on Monday and was wondering about how many applicants were at the previous info sessions. We had 62!

I had the info session with Columbia on Monday and was wondering about how many applicants were at the previous info sessions. We had 62!
I did the info session on 11/23 and we had close to 90. Interviewed on 11/24, still waiting to hear back.

Have an interview with NYU on Friday - would be so grateful for any tips/what to expect :))

Members don't see this ad :)
My info session was 11/30 and I think it was around 80! Amounting to quite a bit of people haha

I did the info session on 11/23 and we had close to 90. Interviewed on 11/24, still waiting to hear back.

Have an interview with NYU on Friday - would be so grateful for any tips/what to expect :))
I also applied to NYU but I have yet to hear from them. I heard some people say they called for interviews? I hope I haven’t missed my chance if that’s the case. I tend to not pick up calls because it’s always spam 😭
Good luck to you!

My info session was 11/30 and I think it was around 80! Amounting to quite a bit of people haha
Wow there’s so much more people interviewed this time around compared to the stats from previous years. Now I wish I didn’t know because I’m starting to get worried that I might not get in lol

How was your experience with the interview and have you received a response yet?

Wow there’s so much more people interviewed this time around compared to the stats from previous years. Now I wish I didn’t know because I’m starting to get worried that I might not get in lol

How was your experience with the interview and have you received a response yet?
Yeah your response did the same for me lol. My interview went okay but I'm still nervous for how everything will turn out. No response yet but its been about a week

I was not the greatest applicant "statistically" wise, and sort of applied to Columbia as a shot in the dark. I got in. It is do-able. Just do your best to be the best applicant you can.

Reactions: 1 users
I was not the greatest applicant "statistically" wise, and sort of applied to Columbia as a shot in the dark. I got in. It is do-able. Just do your best to be the best applicant you can.
How long did it take for you to hear back?

About three weeks and some change. Almost a month. I was in the first info session I think.

I also applied to NYU but I have yet to hear from them. I heard some people say they called for interviews? I hope I haven’t missed my chance if that’s the case. I tend to not pick up calls because it’s always spam 😭
Good luck to you!
Thank you!! They do call...but I’m actually abroad rn so when they couldn’t reach me initially they sent an email asking me to reach out! i applied mid October and just heard this week. Good luck!

Anyone hear anything about acceptances for NYU past Nov 24th, I interviewed on the 14th

My interview was in the first week of October and there was somewhere between 70-80 students