-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYC area retail salary expectation?
Started by Pharma1995xx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi all,
making the ASSUMPTION that I get a full time position (lol) what do you think the average full time retail offer would be in 2019 based on rates today? Would assuming 120-130k a year be overshooting? Thanks! 🙂
I've seen some independents offering 40-45 dollars an hour. Could be as low as 90K... Could be as high as 160K.
gotcha, thanks 🙂 I figured its probably super variable
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Expect to make anywhere between 110 up to 135. It depends who you work for.
Retail: $55/ hr
Independent: $48-53/hr
Independent: $48-53/hr
Jeez. That's like $40,000 in igloo dollars. Why do people live there? I don't get it.
Jeez. That's like $40,000 in igloo dollars. Why do people live there? I don't get it.
New York City isn't just Manhattan. To live in Manhattan on a pharmacist's salary is pretty dumb unless you choose not to have a car. I know pharmacists who do live in Manhattan and have a car but they are married to physicians or financial types. Living in Queens, Bronx, or Brooklyn, or Long Island is pretty affordable on a pharmacist's salary when you don't have any outstanding loans.
Why do people live there? Awesome food 24/7. Bunch of different sports teams. Marijuana dealers in suits that come to your house and deliver.
New York City isn't just Manhattan. To live in Manhattan on a pharmacist's salary is pretty dumb unless you choose not to have a car. I know pharmacists who do live in Manhattan and have a car but they are married to physicians or financial types. Living in Queens, Bronx, or Brooklyn, or Long Island is pretty affordable on a pharmacist's salary when you don't have any outstanding loans.
Why do people live there? Awesome food 24/7. Bunch of different sports teams. Marijuana dealers in suits that come to your house and deliver.
Yeah, I don't know why people think it's so expensive.
A friend of mine has a super chic studio apartment on the corner of Crescent and Loring in Brooklyn. Only $2600 / month.
He's currently playing a delightful long term game of hide and seek on the jamaica line where a guy chases him up and down the platform until the train comes.
Where else but NYC, AMIRITE??
Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know why people think it's so expensive.
A friend of mine has a super chic studio apartment on the corner of Crescent and Loring in Brooklyn. Only $2600 / month.
He's currently playing a delightful long term game of hide and seek on the jamaica line where a guy chases him up and down the platform until the train comes.
Where else but NYC, AMIRITE??
That doesn't make sense. That's East New York. Average rent for a studio there is less than $1000.
In Brooklyn? Its more expensive to live in Brooklyn than it is Manhattan ever since all the hipsters moved in.That doesn't make sense. That's East New York. Average rent for a studio there is less than $1000.
In Brooklyn? Its more expensive to live in Brooklyn than it is Manhattan ever since all the hipsters moved in.
There are different parts of Brooklyn. DUMBO, Williamsburg, Downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope are very expensive.
East New York is the ****ing ghetto and is probably another 15-20 years away from gentrification.
There are different parts of Brooklyn. DUMBO, Williamsburg, Downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope are very expensive.
East New York is the ****ing ghetto and is probably another 15-20 years away from gentrification.
is 5 days enough to see most of NYC?? Probably going to chance it on united airlines and stay at Hilton Newark Penn Station & ride subways
is 5 days enough to see most of NYC?? Probably going to chance it on united airlines and stay at Hilton Newark Penn Station & ride subways
even living in NYC I feel like there is ALWAYS something new and it is impossible to see all of it......but in 5 days you definitely can squeeze in a ton of stuff depending on your tastes and get a nice taste of the city
There are different parts of Brooklyn. DUMBO, Williamsburg, Downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope are very expensive.
East New York is the ****ing ghetto and is probably another 15-20 years away from gentrification.
That was the joke.
I hate New York. I live 15 min away, and lived here all my life. Manhattan is where all the materialistic people live. Been there, done that, it sucks. I avoid it as much as possible now. I'm not paying $3000 in rent for a shi**y studio in a place that constantly smells like urine everywhere, has garbage bags everywhere, dog shi* everywhere, vomit everywhere, and where an LIT costs $20 and a dollar beer costs $7. I don't want to buy over priced groceries and only the amount I can carry, and I don't want to get in disgusting smelly subway cars and still spend an hour traveling up and down to see my friends to go to an overpriced restaurant or bar. I hate the fact there is no parking anywhere, and it takes hours to do what I can do in 30 minutes outside of NYC. I pay $4100/month for my 6 bedroom 6 bathroom house which I own 15 minutes away from the GWB and it was the best decision to buy it instead of a piece of shi* apartment in Manhattan. God, I hate that city. It's where you have the richest people in the world, living next to some of the poorest. It's a joke. People living on top of top people on top of people. Crappy bars/restaurants that are longer than they are wider with people crowded on top of each other. I can go on and on and on, but I'll stop right here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's a LIT?
Haha, it's a Long Island Iced Tea
Long Island Iced Tea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Long Island Iced Tea is a type of alcoholic mixed drink typically made with tequila, vodka, light rum, triple sec, gin, and a splash of cola, which gives the drink the same amber hue as its namesake.[1]
I hate New York. I live 15 min away, and lived here all my life. Manhattan is where all the materialistic people live. Been there, done that, it sucks. I avoid it as much as possible now. I'm not paying $3000 in rent for a shi**y studio in a place that constantly smells like urine everywhere, has garbage bags everywhere, dog shi* everywhere, vomit everywhere, and where an LIT costs $20 and a dollar beer costs $7. I don't want to buy over priced groceries and only the amount I can carry, and I don't want to get in disgusting smelly subway cars and still spend an hour traveling up and down to see my friends to go to an overpriced restaurant or bar. I hate the fact there is no parking anywhere, and it takes hours to do what I can do in 30 minutes outside of NYC. I pay $4100/month for my 6 bedroom 6 bathroom house which I own 15 minutes away from the GWB and it was the best decision to buy it instead of a piece of shi* apartment in Manhattan. God, I hate that city. It's where you have the richest people in the world, living next to some of the poorest. It's a joke. People living on top of top people on top of people. Crappy bars/restaurants that are longer than they are wider with people crowded on top of each other. I can go on and on and on, but I'll stop right here.
Well, jeez. I'm sold. Packing now.😱
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K