Other OT-Related Information NYC DOE Scholarship 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SidzimOT

Reaction score
Hello!

Has anyone heard anything from the DOE yet in terms of an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and haven’t heard anything from them! Did you receive a confirmation email?

I applied and haven’t heard anything from them! Did you receive a confirmation email?
I haven't heard anything at all. Not even a confirmation email..I figured they may be trying to handle and reconfigure how they will conduct interviews virtually.

Hoping for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was wondering if anyone heard back yet?

Me either hoping for some good news soon

Had a virtual interview two weeks ago but they said they weren’t sure of the process following the interviews because everything is being treated differently now due to COVID

Me too! Hopefully the funding ends up going through

congrats on the interview!!
but yea same I hope so too !! the anxiety of not knowing is killing me but hopefully we'll find out soon

Hi! I’m planning on applying to this Scholarship next year when I start in the fall. I was wondering if you all heard any updates/ what the process was like? Thanks!

Well due to COVID their obviously having virtual interviews but you still apply and send your documents in as normal. As far as knowing if you've been awarded or not they couldn't provide the exact timeframe due to funding issues as a result of COVID. However, they mentioned that schools in the Bronx are in demand for services so that's where awardees would be placed. But hopefully by the time you apply everything is back up and running as normal. Hope that helps lol! Were all kind of in the unknown right now honestly

Well due to COVID their obviously having virtual interviews but you still apply and send your documents in as normal. As far as knowing if you've been awarded or not they couldn't provide the exact timeframe due to funding issues as a result of COVID. However, they mentioned that schools in the Bronx are in demand for services so that's where awardees would be placed. But hopefully by the time you apply everything is back up and running as normal. Hope that helps lol! Were all kind of in the unknown right now honestly
Ahh that’s so crazy thanks for the info!! Best of luck to you!!!

Hi guys, its been a long waiting game by now/_\ Did anyone hear back from the DOE yet? I saw them updating the application open period for next year yet they didnt give our decision for this year.. Wonder if the decision will come out by the end of this year..

Hi guys, its been a long waiting game by now/_\ Did anyone hear back from the DOE yet? I saw them updating the application open period for next year yet they didnt give our decision for this year.. Wonder if the decision will come out by the end of this year..
I emailed them on Nov.25th with this concern, and someone responded saying that they were working on making decisions shortly, but I haven't heard anything since :/

Is this the scholarship through TeachNYC or something else? I'm a junior in undergrad right now and trying to look for scholarships!

I interviewed in August of 2020 and haven't heard back yet

Hello! I know this thread is over a year old but I was hoping if anyone could share any insights on the interview questions/ essay component/ interview process for P. Jose NYC DOE Scholarship? I have an interview next week and I have no idea what to expect…

Thank you so much in advance!

Hello! I know this thread is over a year old but I was hoping if anyone could share any insights on the interview questions/ essay component/ interview process for P. Jose NYC DOE Scholarship? I have an interview next week and I have no idea what to expect…

Thank you so much in advance!

Hello!! I know this post is a year old, but do you mind telling me about your experience with the scholarship interview? Do you remember anything about the questions you were asked or the essay component? I have looked everywhere online and I can't seem to find any insight regarding the interview process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.