NYCOM Class 2008 Mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ray26

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those of you that are entering NYCOM this fall....have you gotten anything else from them besides Financial Aid packets in the mail? I just wanted to ask b/c they seem to be sending me financial aid stuff that never gets to my address! I had to drive over there to pick it up....so if anyone could let me know if they have gotten anything else that I should know about...I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i got the financial aid packet twice.

i heard they are sending more stuff out this week but i havent received anything yet.

did anyone send in their second deposit?

I received a packet today (Sat.), which had the info about sending the $1000 enrollment confirmation and some other info in it. It did not, however, have the message board access information, like I thought it would. Have any Class of 2008 people gotten this, yet? I called last week about it, and the admissions lady said it would be in the next mailing, which I assumed was this one, but I guess not. I too got the financial aid package twice, which was interesting. Ray, if you don't get tis info in a few days, just call and they'll send it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i got the 1000$ enrollment package on saturday.

i got it too.

i also e-mailed some lady about the computer requirements. im gonna buy a laptop and just wanted to know what i needed. she said they will be posting Class of 2008 info on the website soon. she also told me to buy in a few months as the prices will drop.

I also got a letter from NYCOM to send them $1000. I have a concern. I only finished my FAFSA about 2 weeks ago and its processed. But, I did not receive award letter from NYCOM yet. About 3 weeks ago, NYCOM sent me a financial aid package.....I still did not submit those forms that they gave me because I am concerned about which lender to choose. :confused:

I need help in deciding which lender I should choose for both stafford and alternative loans as all of my money has to come from loans. Also, can anyone give me an estimate of the cost of attendance at NYCOM.

Thank you so much for your help. :)

MED123

Just wanted to bump this thread just so we know we're all on the same page...

Since the last posting I have received:

1) mailings about owing NYCOM tons and tons of money
2) financial aid package estimate
3) nyit connect and nyit email accounts

Anything else I'm missing?

I know that we got the orientation handbook posted on the webboard now, so if you haven't checked it out, please do... it's actually pretty interesting! =)

BTW -- on another note, a few of us 2008 peeps met up in late June for lunch. Since only about 20-something of us were available at that time, we're thinking of holding another get together sometime in August when most students are back from vacation and have probably already moved to their new pad. I don't mind organizing it, but does anyone have ideas as to where/when we'll hold it?

Moving to NY in 13 days, I cannot wait to meet you all!!! :D

I am a heading to NYCOM in August, but I need to start looking for a place.
Any one has suggestions? Where is everyone living?

Also I can't seem to log into the school's website. I want to know when orientation is and when school starts. Has anyone received any of those things?

LeoTheLioness said:
I am a heading to NYCOM in August, but I need to start looking for a place.
Any one has suggestions? Where is everyone living?

Also I can't seem to log into the school's website. I want to know when orientation is and when school starts. Has anyone received any of those things?

1) Most I know are living in Glen Cove. Some live in Hicksville, Roslyn, all within 10-15 min of school. Some commute from Queens.

2) Email Elizabeth Doran at [email protected] to request access for the NYCOM webboard. She usually gets back to you in less than 24 hours. Once you log in, go to the Student Affairs section and you'll find the orientation/block schedules.

3) Orientation will be Aug. 24-27, first day of classes will be on the 30th. This was also on the acceptance letter/packet they sent us.

No prob... feel free to PM me or IM me if you have anymore questions. :)