NYCOM class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthodude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congradulations to you all!!! I know you are very excited t and can't wait to start med school. I want to welcome you on behalf of Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA). Next week during your orientation, we have planned variety of events to make your transition to med school smooth and enjoyable. First, if you haven't noticed yet, we put together a survival guide on the webboard under the heading "First year message". You will find very intersting and valuable information in this guide.

talk.nyit.edu/~nycom

User id - first letter of your first name and then last name
password - SSN

Also, we have planned a big brother big sister program on tuesday. You will meet a second year student who will guide you through all the necessary steps. This is also a grat opportunity to get the inside scoop about NYCOM and med school in general. Now comes the fun part. Last year when I was a first year student, orientation was boring because there weren't any parties. This year SOMA is organizing various parties throughout the orientation.
Monday: SOMA Happy hour at Blue Taquilla from 4 PM to 8 PM. Free food, Buy one drink get one free, music, dancing.
It's located in the corner of Glen Cove road and Old country road.

Tuesday: SOMA Big Bro Big Sis after party at DON JUAN from 4-9 PM. Free food, 2 for 1 drinks, DJ, lounge etc.

We are in the process of planning more events throughout the year. Hope to see you all during the orientation week.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey....let me be the 1st to say thank you........especially for the free food. I am the official supreme brother almighty fat bastard. Can't wait for school to start. Thanks again, and I'm looking foward to meeting everyone.