NYCOM Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Counthestars,

Did you ever have problems getting the book from the library since there are so many other students who want to do the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Are laptops brought to class to take notes or study from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just got a call today with an acceptance. I was making other plans for the fall but I got called from the waitlist. I now have 11 days to get my affairs together. I live about 9 hours away from the campus so things are going to get hectic.....

Hey guys, I just got a call today with an acceptance. I was making other plans for the fall but I got called from the waitlist. I now have 11 days to get my affairs together. I live about 9 hours away from the campus so things are going to get hectic.....

Good luck, and congratulations!

Be sure to join the group. :D

This is completely insane...I had given up all hope of going to nycom for this year as I didnt get into Touro or LECOM and was planning on attending a post bacc in the fall and just now I got a call from the director of admissions telling me im accepted!

Its funny how diligently I was monitoring all the school forums except this one because I was so sure I wasn't going to get in..

Maybe its a very cruel joke that someone is playing on me..Who usually calls?

Sorry for sounding a little eccentric, I simply have no idea whats going on

Does anyone know if I can ask them to email me information instead of mail it as its so close to the start date...

Oh and hello =)

Same boat here. I was waiting for my student loan certification for a post bacc. at LECOM and then this dropped into my lap. Can't complain though.

Same boat here. I was waiting for my student loan certification for a post bacc. at LECOM and then this dropped into my lap. Can't complain though.

Oh cool I was registered for LECOM post bacc too...I was so shocked that I forgot to ask anything of value so i'm going to have to call back tomorrow? I'm still paranoid it was a prank phone call haha

Are laptops brought to class to take notes or study from?

We are given the powerpoints of the lectures so that we can take notes on them while in lecture. There have been times during the year when the printer stopped working or the prof didn't hand their slides in time for printer guy to print out. But for the most part, you will have a print out of the slides so that you can write on them to take notes.

Some people get really distracted with their laptops in lecture and surf the web rather than take notes. Depends on the type of person you are. If you are easly distracted, taking a laptop during lecture might not be a good idea.

What's everybody's plan for studying? In undergrad, I always took the powerpoint notes that I had written in class, and wrote out my own notes with the those and the text. Took a long time but paid off. Is there going to be time for that sort of thing, or is it mostly read and absorb?

I am filling out my loans right now (because my finaid package has been lost in the mail for two weeks) and the loan's ask for the Loan Processing beginning and ending dates. Does anyone know what the dates are on those? NYCOM finaid hasn't picked up the phone all day.

I am filling out my loans right now (because my finaid package has been lost in the mail for two weeks) and the loan's ask for the Loan Processing beginning and ending dates. Does anyone know what the dates are on those? NYCOM finaid hasn't picked up the phone all day.

I put down 08/2009 - 05/2010. NYCOM will verify/confirm the exact dates with your lender anyway.

If your looking to share a house with a few people for cheap, contact me. Own bathroom, and shared kitchen. Big room.

Contact [email protected]

NYCOM 2nd year

This is completely insane...I had given up all hope of going to nycom for this year as I didnt get into Touro or LECOM and was planning on attending a post bacc in the fall and just now I got a call from the director of admissions telling me im accepted!

Its funny how diligently I was monitoring all the school forums except this one because I was so sure I wasn't going to get in..

Maybe its a very cruel joke that someone is playing on me..Who usually calls?

Yea, its completely normal here. This time around, students are responding to acceptance letters so spots clear up. You'll get a letter in the mail soon.

Did any of you guys take the January 2009 MCAT and still get accepted during that same cycle?

so they are sending secondaries to every applicant now? I just received and e-mail with a link to their online secondary.

Yeah, they just sent me a link to the secondary too, and I live in Chicago. Basically the same question, does this mean they're seriously considering me for an interview, or does everyone get these?

So is it safe to say one should not apply to this school is their rec letters are only from faculty letters?