1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

NYCOM Fin Aid

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Brendan12tennis, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Brendan12tennis

Brendan12tennis Junior Member

Can anyone help me choose a lender, I don't know how to decide. I called the fin aid office and they said it doesn't matter, it is all the same. I don't see how this can be true, can anyone offer any insight? Which is the best lender, why?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sia_simba

sia_simba Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    What bank are you using at home? or what bank is your CC or checking/saving account part of.

I have citibank checking/savings account so I borrow from citibank. that way, I only have to deal w/ one bank and because I'm a long time costumer, they treat me better. =)

the financial aid however I think is supported/sponsered by Bank One. I think.. i'm not sure how Bank one really is...

If there is a difference in interest rate for the loans then I am not sure and you should contact the individual bank you are borrowing from.

So bottom line is, I would borrow from the bbank which I have my major credit card, or banking cards to.

4. jakp0t

jakp0t Hard Ass

Medical Student
    where's the nearest bank one in relation to NYCOM?