Nycom Interviewees -- How Long Between Did It Take To Get An Interview Offer From The

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
NYCOM INTERVIEWEES -- HOW LONG BETWEEN DID IT TAKE TO GET AN INTERVIEW OFFER FROM THE TIME YOU RECEIVED THE LETTER SAYING THEY GOT MY AACOMAS. i GOT THAT LETTER AND IT WAS DATED MARCH 4TH? (sorry bout caps) I also called on friday and they said my applciation was under review -- called yesterday to see if they got a letter of rec from a doc and just said "no." That was it. Not other news -- kind of scared me really. Anyways, should I just chill (have a 3.9, 25 mcat) ...hopefuly i'll land an interview....really want to go there...thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It took about two months, and even then a doc I work with knows the dean and called her, then I got a letter three days later. All I know is, it took awhile! But you should get an interview with those stats. Just RELAX ( I know, it's terrible advice, but you've had a lot of posts and i have to say, I think you really need to give yourself a break. Who needs an ulcer?)

Anyway, good luck. Hang in there. It'll come.

I know...just really stressed out...cause i also don't know if I should take the mcats again or not..etc..so a lot to decid.e

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by theDr.
I know...just really stressed out...cause i also don't know if I should take the mcats again or not..etc..so a lot to decid.e
I think you should take it no matter what. It wouldn't hurt to get a better score.

I understand your situation though. You could be studying all this time only to find out you'll get in right before you take the test. There's nothing you can do about that though. You just have to continue on your course of studying for the MCAT and at the same time hope for the best.

It took about a couple of months.

i KNOW, i just don't want to get a lower score -- thats my fear.

I was a late-ish applicant and my AACOMAS wasn't processed until the end of December. I got the NYCOM "we received you application" in Jan. and received the interview invite one day after the first letter. Your D.O. and other recommendation letters do not have to be there to receive an interview, so don't worry about it not being there. Their mail system is very slow on campus, so just follow up every few days about the letter. I too think that you will probably get an interview with your stats. Good luck!!

my situation was the same as chimebo's...

i actually received my interview invite in the mail mid-january a day before the letter saying they received my accomas. it took about 4 weeks after processing on dec. 24 (with the christmas and new years holidays in between)

i got accepted 17 days after my interview! yay

A couple of weeks (3?) after they recieved my app from AACOMAS.

On a side note, does any one know when we have to send official transcripts to NYCOM by?

Originally posted by Kry
A couple of weeks (3?) after they recieved my app from AACOMAS.

On a side note, does any one know when we have to send official transcripts to NYCOM by?

about transcripts... i would assume by the time we start. just so they know we have a degree. i'm gonna send mine soon, i got my degree 2 years ago. i was giong to call and ask about that as well.

about financial aid - someone posted all the due dates are April 1? what if we dont get our packet by then? has anyone filed their fafsa yet, since they told us to wait until we were accepted?

Thanks for the info ...but my only real concern is that i was reviewed on friday and then when I called monday they didn't have any good news (aka: an interview) abvailable...and I know I can't go on that but it wasn't such a nice feeling...