Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

NYCOM, LECOM or Touro MI

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Nickb423, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Nickb423

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I can't decided which school to pick

2. Lfribble

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, I've only applied to 1 of the 3, so I don't have any comparison information for you. I will tell you though, that I have seen a lot of negative feedback about LECOM (the one I applied to and was accepted) on SDN and I'd say take it with a grain of salt. I've spoken to a bunch of people from different pathways and it seems that only on this site is the feedback generally negative. (The others I've spoken to, I've found on Myspace and such, so it's not just admissions volunteering students that I've heard a lot of good things from.) Good luck with your decision.

3. GProteinStar

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    First off, congrats!! It depends mostly on you and where you felt most at home. I didn't apply to NYCOM but I hear it's a great school. I had a difficult time deciding between Touro-NY and Touro-MI. I chose Touro-MI. Best of luck!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    NYCOM!!!

Obviously.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dr.Inviz

Dr.Inviz Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    NYCOM is the best option.

6. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you should try to figure out what the most important things you want/need from a med school and rank it. The FAQ has some criteria to help you out.

congrats on 3 acceptances.

7. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have heard GREAT things about NYCOM. However, your preference on where to live might play a huge role in your decision.