NYCOM, LECOM or Touro MI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nickb423

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't decided which school to pick

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I've only applied to 1 of the 3, so I don't have any comparison information for you. I will tell you though, that I have seen a lot of negative feedback about LECOM (the one I applied to and was accepted) on SDN and I'd say take it with a grain of salt. I've spoken to a bunch of people from different pathways and it seems that only on this site is the feedback generally negative. (The others I've spoken to, I've found on Myspace and such, so it's not just admissions volunteering students that I've heard a lot of good things from.) Good luck with your decision.

First off, congrats!! It depends mostly on you and where you felt most at home. I didn't apply to NYCOM but I hear it's a great school. I had a difficult time deciding between Touro-NY and Touro-MI. I chose Touro-MI. Best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCOM is the best option.

you should try to figure out what the most important things you want/need from a med school and rank it. The FAQ has some criteria to help you out.

congrats on 3 acceptances.

I have heard GREAT things about NYCOM. However, your preference on where to live might play a huge role in your decision.