NYCOM .. walk or drive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crave888

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!

Not too sure about whether to get a car or not for next year. I plan on living as close as possible to the school. Would i be able to walk everyday? How do those students who dont drive commute to class on a daily basis? or does every single person have a car?

Thanks mucho :)

Members don't see this ad.

This is easy, get a car. There no sidewalks on Northern Blvd and the speed limit is 55 so I would definitely not walk unless u like to live dangerously... But u need a car, or get a friend with one thats willing to drive u

Not too sure about whether to get a car or not for next year. I plan on living as close as possible to the school. Would i be able to walk everyday? How do those students who dont drive commute to class on a daily basis? or does every single person have a car?

You pretty much need a car. There is a bus stop on campus but I have no idea where it comes from. I do not know of any NYCOM students that do not have a car. Long Island is not pedestrian friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Others already said it - car. Getting anywhere on LI requires a car pretty much. It's mostly suburban / farms out here.

PlasticMan. I can only assume you have an interest in plastics. Has anyone from NYCOM ever matched to a plastics program? are there DO friendly plastics programs?

unless you plan on living on one of the multimillion dollar estates surrounding the school, you def need a car.....

keep your eye open at the neighborhood pathmark...you will run into some famous ppl....LL Cool, Marc Anthony, etc

On LI your car will be your only way to get around. Anywhere you need to get to you need to have a car. If you know people that are thinking about public transportation or living far tell them not too because classes have just become manditory so you're going to have to be at school every day... oh what fun....

unless you plan on living on one of the multimillion dollar estates surrounding the school, you def need a car.....

keep your eye open at the neighborhood pathmark...you will run into some famous ppl....LL Cool, Marc Anthony, etc

Hopkins GAS... niceeee

PlasticMan. I can only assume you have an interest in plastics. Has anyone from NYCOM ever matched to a plastics program? are there DO friendly plastics programs?
I dont know of anyone that has matched into allopathic plastics from NYCOM. I do know a plastic surgeon, who graduated from NYCOM, who did a osteopathic gen surg residency followed by a plastic and reconstructive fellowship(also osteopathic). The good news for NYCOM students is St. Barnabus in the Bronx has been given the ok to start a plastic and reconstructive fellowship. :)